• GamerLive.TV Footage Leaks NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks Information?

Thanks to the attentive eyes of forum member WolverineJay, a clip from a recent interview between GamerLive.TV and Washington QB Jake Locker at the NCAA Football 12 Draft Night Premiere (embedded below), we now have an early look at what appears to be the interface for Custom Playbooks in NCAA Football 12. Continue below to see images captured from the footage as well as the full interview. In the comments, let us know what you see, though bear in mind that none of the Community Event attendees will be able to confirm anything at this time.

Here is the video from which the captured images were taken from. Beginning at 2:49 we start the see the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXWCM...ailpage#t=169s
    Comments 133 Comments
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      incredible find.
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      incredible find.
      That's a massive understatement!!! Offense and Defense!!! And... and... AND!!! You can rename your playbook??? I can have my Raider playbook in the game!!! As long as they don't limit us on certain formations, this is going to ####### rock!!!
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      That's a massive understatement!!! Offense and Defense!!! And... and... AND!!! You can rename your playbook??? I can have my Raider playbook in the game!!! As long as they don't limit us on certain formations, this is going to ####### rock!!!
      Yeah this looks GREAT!

I think its pretty silly at this point that our guys here at TGT cannot just tell us about the feature that has been leaked by MULTIPLE sites now in print and now in video. I understand the NDA but at some point EA just needs to say o.k. if/when someone else spills the beans you can fill us in with the rest of the details/answer our questions.
      souljahbill -
      Now that it's in the open, the safe money is that it'll be the next feature/blog announced. From the look of the screens, you can do offense and defensive playbooks and you can edit not only the formations but the plays within those formations. Madden will allow it online so I assume NCAA will too. Seems kind of self explanatory to me.
      ArkHogs -
      Very nice!! Also on the right of the main menu screen, I see "(something) Coach)".. Maybe Edit Coach??
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      Quote Originally Posted by ArkHogs View Post
      Maybe Edit Coach??
      Coaching Carousel leak possibly?

"E"
      MCdonnieG -
      Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
      Coaching Carousel leak possibly?

"E"
      This would be golden!!!

Nice find in regards to the Custom Playbook Interface!
      baseballplyrmvp -
      teambuilder roster share?? hopefully thats our online roster editor
      souljahbill -
      I haven't checked but isn't it possible to edit coaches in '11?
      psusnoop -
      This is huge and really should add a ton to everyone's game. Knowing each other styles in Powerhouse this could be really fun to battle against and use some cool strategy against everyone.
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      you can edit name but thats it...

"E"
      PDuncanOSU -
      I wonder what the limits will be for number of formations and plays. One screen shot above says "Playbook-Boise1" "Type-offense" "Style-Pro" "Formations-28/40" "Plays-374/377"
      Another shot has "Playbook-PLBK135" "Type-offense" "Style-Spread" "Formations-34/30" "Plays-358/400"
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      im wondering if thats

Formations: UC/SG(Pistol)

Plays: ###/400 (since there is a 400, at least you know you can go that high?)

"E"
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      nevermind that cant be it b/c there is a GT Option style book with 34/30 so im not sure what that is as far as the numbers...

"E"
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      This is huge and really should add a ton to everyone's game. Knowing each other styles in Powerhouse this could be really fun to battle against and use some cool strategy against everyone.
      Yeah this REALLY will add a whole new level to the "strategery" and fun in ODs. Hoping that real Chess games can break out in 12.

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
      nevermind that cant be it b/c there is a GT Option style book with 34/30 so im not sure what that is as far as the numbers...

"E"
      Yeah I think the biggest ? I have is what are the limits/#s for formations/packages we can use and # of plays.
      Daywalker86 -
      BeastMode
      souljahbill -
      There's going to be A LOT of people spending the time before rosters are available in practice mode.
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      i will be in practice mode and unranked game HEAVY before I take it online and to OD's, incredible news right here.
      Kingpin32 -
      I didn't really play a lot of practice mode in this year's game. Next year, I think I'll be spending a lot of time in practice mode now.
      Cipher 8 -
      So does this mean it's like you choose a base playbook and can only choose from plays already within that playbook or that you can choose a base playbook style i.e. Air Raid, Spread, Pro Style, Multiple, etc and then choose formations from all the different teams playbooks that run that specific style?

I hope it's not just from one teams playbook. I wish I could pick and choose plays from a bunch of different playbooks when making my own.