• GamerLive.TV Footage Leaks NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks Information?

Thanks to the attentive eyes of forum member WolverineJay, a clip from a recent interview between GamerLive.TV and Washington QB Jake Locker at the NCAA Football 12 Draft Night Premiere (embedded below), we now have an early look at what appears to be the interface for Custom Playbooks in NCAA Football 12. Continue below to see images captured from the footage as well as the full interview. In the comments, let us know what you see, though bear in mind that none of the Community Event attendees will be able to confirm anything at this time.

Here is the video from which the captured images were taken from. Beginning at 2:49 we start the see the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXWCM...ailpage#t=169s
    Comments 133 Comments
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      I never edited a playbook before..dont know if i'll start now ?
      Did you place last gen NCAA?
      WolverineJay -
      I got amped up when I first noticed the new main screen and mini-walkthrough of custom playbooks Friday night. I immediately started looking at the formations and plays I would like to have in my many different playbooks. Thanks gschwendt for getting all those screenshots up, they helped me out a ton no more having to pause or re-watch the video just in case I missed something.
      ram29jackson -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Did you place last gen NCAA?
      yes
      souljahbill -
      yes
      Did you not use custom playbooks last gen?
      ram29jackson -
      No haha
      jaymo76 -
      Ram, you might want to stay away from the custom books. They are like drugs... highly addictive. Start off with a formation of two and next thing you know, your on the PS3 for six hours + pulling out your hair and what gets excluded.
      ram29jackson -
      I hate to sound lazy or dumb but what remember from the first time is I couldnt figure out how to add-keep the add and continue before saving so the playbook had hardly anything in it. I couldnt figure out the button commands so I just gave up.

now, i think it would make more since to me. I wouldnt mind having every 2 WR 2 TE and 1 back possible..and every 1 wr,2 te and 2 back set possible. .... I cant even think of a playbook or team that uses alot of 1 WR, 2 TE, 1 HB, and 1 FB..?
      Jayrah -
      I hate to sound lazy or dumb but what remember from the first time is I couldnt figure out how to add-keep the add and continue before saving so the playbook had hardly anything in it. I couldnt figure out the button commands so I just gave up.

now, i think it would make more since to me. I wouldnt mind having every 2 WR 2 TE and 1 back possible..and every 1 wr,2 te and 2 back set possible. .... I cant even think of a playbook or team that uses alot of 1 WR, 2 TE, 1 HB, and 1 FB..?
      Idaho uses this set quite a bit irl. Not sure if the game reflects that in their pb however. Didn't use it as much with Jackson last year, but when Woolridge was there, that was a primary set.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Ram, you might want to stay away from the custom books. They are like drugs... highly addictive. Start off with a formation of two and next thing you know, your on the PS3 for six hours + pulling out your hair and what gets excluded.
      That's why I never did them too much lol. However I think I would appreciate the coaching angle now in my OD. I hope you can save MULTIPLE pb's so that you can work on one during your season and implement it later.
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      from the look of the one screenshot at the loading screen, it shows 2 custom books and then the standard "Create new offense/defense" so i ASSUME, that it is possible to do so...

"E"
      JeffHCross -
      because they practiced doing it
      No.

Well, maybe the steel chair. But gravity is still gravity is still gravity.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      That's why I never did them too much lol. However I think I would appreciate the coaching angle now in my OD. I hope you can save MULTIPLE pb's so that you can work on one during your season and implement it later.
      If it's the same as Madden you can. I read that you will be able to have multiple custom playbooks for Madden 12.
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      If it's the same as Madden you can. I read that you will be able to have multiple custom playbooks for Madden 12.
      http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5265/...115aae63_o.jpg

that picture from the 1st page shows 2 playbooks at the loading screen for the custom playbook menu... so... i just assumed that just like RTG/OD/OFD you just scroll to the one you want to select and then load it to edit it...

"E"