• GamerLive.TV Footage Leaks NCAA Football 12 Custom Playbooks Information?

Thanks to the attentive eyes of forum member WolverineJay, a clip from a recent interview between GamerLive.TV and Washington QB Jake Locker at the NCAA Football 12 Draft Night Premiere (embedded below), we now have an early look at what appears to be the interface for Custom Playbooks in NCAA Football 12. Continue below to see images captured from the footage as well as the full interview. In the comments, let us know what you see, though bear in mind that none of the Community Event attendees will be able to confirm anything at this time.

Here is the video from which the captured images were taken from. Beginning at 2:49 we start the see the footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXWCM...ailpage#t=169s
    Comments 133 Comments
      Jayrah -
      I love, love, LOVE that interface (both playbook and overall) as well. I will get used to that very, very quickly! Very slick.
      JBHuskers -
      Kingpin32 -
      So can you guys stilll not go into much details about this leak?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
      We haven't heard anything new from EA at this point so we're just sticking to what we were told.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
      Only when EA releases their blog. Hopefully this would happen later today. Most likely next week though imo
      Kingpin32 -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      We haven't heard anything new from EA at this point so we're just sticking to what we were told.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Only when EA releases their blog. Hopefully this would happen later today. Most likely next week though imo
      Hopefully EA does release a blog today though. As much as these pictures show, there's still some pressing questions such as can we use these in ODs.
      razorback44 -
      Man great stuff like this makes July seem like an ice age away.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
      So does this mean it's like you choose a base playbook and can only choose from plays already within that playbook or that you can choose a base playbook style i.e. Air Raid, Spread, Pro Style, Multiple, etc and then choose formations from all the different teams playbooks that run that specific style?

I hope it's not just from one teams playbook. I wish I could pick and choose plays from a bunch of different playbooks when making my own.
      It would defeat the purpose to limit it to one school's playbook. Likely, you can either choose a generic "style" playbook (spread, pro, pistol, etc.) or a particular school's playbook (Oregon, Stanford, Nevada, etc.) as your base then adding and subtracting formations and plays from there.
      Dr Death -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      It would defeat the purpose to limit it to one school's playbook. Likely, you can either choose a generic "style" playbook (spread, pro, pistol, etc.) or a particular school's playbook (Oregon, Stanford, Nevada, etc.) as your base then adding and subtracting formations and plays from there.
      I found it interesting in one of those screen captures, you see SMU - Hawaii - Run & Shoot playbooks all in a row... definitely not in alphabetical order, so I am assuming you can customize them exactly as you want, which it appears someone in that screen was doing w/ all the R&S offenses.
      cdj -
      EA also has yet to release part two of the Gameplay Improvements blog from Scantlebury.
      Solidice -
      Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
      I found it interesting in one of those screen captures, you see SMU - Hawaii - Run & Shoot playbooks all in a row... definitely not in alphabetical order, so I am assuming you can customize them exactly as you want, which it appears someone in that screen was doing w/ all the R&S offenses.

It's kind of hard to see because of the gamerlive.tv logo, but at the top it seems you can filter the playbooks by play style, in this case it was Run and Shoot, which is why only Hawai'i, SMU, and the generic R&S playbook was shown.(Pause the video at 3:01)
      Tarhead10 -
      Wow....With this being leaked shouldnt be long now before we see a blog...
      CLW -
      The more I watch this video the more this looks REALLY good.

Questions that still need to be confirmed:

#1 Can we use our custom offensive and defensive playbooks online AND in online dynasties?

#2 How many formations/plays are we limited to for custom offensive/defensive playbooks?

#3 How many custom playbooks can we create?

#4 If you chose a specific team's formation do the package options from that formation automatically come to your custom playbook?
      Twistanutz22 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
      So does this mean it's like you choose a base playbook and can only choose from plays already within that playbook or that you can choose a base playbook style i.e. Air Raid, Spread, Pro Style, Multiple, etc and then choose formations from all the different teams playbooks that run that specific style?

I hope it's not just from one teams playbook. I wish I could pick and choose plays from a bunch of different playbooks when making my own.

It looks like there is an option to either start with a specific team's play book, or choose a style to begin with... OR you can Create a New Playbook and build from scratch.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      The more I watch this video the more this looks REALLY good.

Questions that still need to be confirmed:

#1 Can we use our custom offensive and defensive playbooks online AND in online dynasties?

#2 How many formations/plays are we limited to for custom offensive/defensive playbooks?

#3 How many custom playbooks can we create?

#4 If you chose a specific team's formation do the package options from that formation automatically come to your custom playbook?
      Questions 2 & 4, I can understand the curiosity but not 1 & 3. Custom playbooks is a back of the box feature. Why would they limit it to Play Now and Offline Dynasty? The forums would go BESERK if that were the case. I think it's already confirmed that you can use custom books online in Madden so I see no reason why you can't do it in NCAA. I'm sure you'll be able to make multiple playbooks if you want (one of the screens has a "Create New Playbook" option in it similar to "Create New Dynasty" currently looks in NCAA 11). Obviously, you'll only have access to one in a game but if you can have multiple dynasties saved, I'm sure you can have multiple playbooks saved.
      JBHuskers -
      In time fellas, in time
      Twistanutz22 -
      screw you, jb!!!!
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      Questions 2 & 4, I can understand the curiosity but not 1 & 3. Custom playbooks is a back of the box feature. Why would they limit it to Play Now and Offline Dynasty? The forums would go BESERK if that were the case. I think it's already confirmed that you can use custom books online in Madden so I see no reason why you can't do it in NCAA. I'm sure you'll be able to make multiple playbooks if you want (one of the screens has a "Create New Playbook" option in it similar to "Create New Dynasty" currently looks in NCAA 11). Obviously, you'll only have access to one in a game but if you can have multiple dynasties saved, I'm sure you can have multiple playbooks saved.
      In Re: Why #1 EA has a track record of questionable decisions with "back of the box features". One need go no further than No Salary Cap/FA in Madden OFs as an example. EA gave some lame excuse of people wouldn't want free agency/salary cap in their online franchise. They COULD in theory state, "we didn't think people would want to allow users to use custom playbooks in online dynasty..."

In Re: Why #3: EA currently limits us on the ODs we can run why not make some $ by only allowing 1 custom playbook (either offense or defense) and then charge you if you want to create more via DLC.

You are PROBABLY right on both accounts. I'd just like "official" confirmation. I'd put the odds of EA totally botching #1 or #3 at <10%.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Twistanutz22 View Post
      screw you, jb!!!!
      It's not a NCAA info season with my teasing
      CLW -
      Another ? unanswered:

#5 - If we bring over both linked plays from one playboook/formation will they still be linked as plays that set each other up in our Custom playbook?