• NCAA Football 12 Art Director Jean Adams Talks Presentation

EA SPORTS has released a new video with NCAA Football Art Director Jean Adams talking about some of the changes to Presentation for this year's title. In it, we hear Jean talking a bit more about some of the presentation elements that we've already seen but additionally we see a few new cutscenes and a bit of explanation of what they're trying to achieve with the game from a presentation perspective. Continue below to watch the video.

Comments 20 Comments
      souljahbill -
      They are really trying to stretch improved presentation info.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
      They are really trying to stretch improved presentation info.
      Yeah... it's one of those things that they kind of released a lot of information all at once and they appear to be hoping that it will hold out for a long time. Obviously we still have over two months remaining so plenty of time for new information but at the same time, they obviously can't keep up the same pace they had last week.
      ram29jackson -
      Okla State
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Yeah... it's one of those things that they kind of released a lot of information all at once and they appear to be hoping that it will hold out for a long time. Obviously we still have over two months remaining so plenty of time for new information but at the same time, they obviously can't keep up the same pace they had last week.
      Yeah, I'm not in a hurry to move on to the next bit of new info but I think I've heard enough about the improved presentation. I think they got that point across. I'm at a point now where if they can't talk about something that's actually new, then don't say anything at all.
      ram29jackson -
      ultimately, the flashy cut scenes/intros wont mean diddly if the game doesn't play well. And for all the work they did, we will start cutting through those scenes soon enough. Of course I dont expect the game to play badly within reason at all.
      griffin2608 -
      Where is the video?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by griffin2608 View Post
      Where is the video?
      Embedded in the first post.
      ArkHogs -
      The live mascots look really good...
      CLW -
      #1 the game (graphics wise) looks really sharp/crisp.

#2 i'd personally like to see some examples of these end of quarter/half montages and the commentary that i presume is going with them. it sounds great but i'm wondering just how deep does the commentary go. i could easily see the commentary getting VERY repetitive quickly if they didn't do enough in studio to keep it fresh/new.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      #1 the game (graphics wise) looks really sharp/crisp.

#2 i'd personally like to see some examples of these end of quarter/half montages and the commentary that i presume is going with them. it sounds great but i'm wondering just how deep does the commentary go. i could easily see the commentary getting VERY repetitive quickly if they didn't do enough in studio to keep it fresh/new.
      Yup, totally agree with your second point. I would also love to see a montage and see what it looks like and hear how it sounds.
      Jayrah -
      Any new video with a director of any part of the game explaining his thoughts on that part of the game is not only welcome by me, but I also think it is smart, smart, smart!!!!!! Way too many posts (not so much at TGT, but more around the community) talk about how terrible it is that these guys don't put in all the resources towards gameplay. Anything that will bring the community closer to an individual designer, to see his view on the game and to see his vision for our product, is just a great move. It's a general fact that if you personally can see the individual responsible, it is easier to relate to them and you won't be AS condescending and probably be more understanding of their involvement in your product than you would've otherwise been had you not seen them. Media is a powerful thing. And besides that I love hearing these guys talk about their passion for the game that I am constantly critiquing. I want to know that they care as well and are doing everything to maximize their resources and time (even if it's only working with what's allowed by the blue shirts above). We all do.
      griffin2608 -
      I would like to see a list of all schools with detailed entrances or videos showing all new entrances. Show me some of this new presentation after games, bowls, rivalry games, championships, ect. Did they add any detailed entrances for army navy, bowl games things like that. There is so much more to presentation that they aren't showing with a audience that will listen.
      psusnoop -
      Yeah, I'm not in a hurry to move on to the next bit of new info but I think I've heard enough about the improved presentation. I think they got that point across. I'm at a point now where if they can't talk about something that's actually new, then don't say anything at all.
      I like this approach and hope that it continues once they start talking about other "new" things in the game.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      I like this approach and hope that it continues once they start talking about other "new" things in the game.
      Yeah, I'd rather have more videos and blogs etc. that cover the same topic than to have huge gaps in info coming out.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Yeah, I'd rather have more videos and blogs etc. that cover the same topic than to have huge gaps in info coming out.
      Yeah I remember everyone wanted EVERYTHING right away, got it, then what? This is perfect considering the game is still two and a half months away.
      souljahbill -
      Like I said, I'm not in a rush for them to release new info. That info will come out when it comes out. But I'm also not into hearing about the same thing over and over either. Whenever something gets overexposed, it loses it's effect. Remember when Megan Fox was the hot "it" girl? All everyone could talk about was how gorgeous she was. Eventually, it got old and she went from super-hot to "who cares?" Everything has a shelf life and few weeks of presentation, presentation, presentation will get old. I'd rather EA do a blitz of info then go back into their hole until they're ready to drop the next nugget.
      steelerfan -
      Like I said, I'm not in a rush for them to release new info. That info will come out when it comes out. But I'm also not into hearing about the same thing over and over either. Whenever something gets overexposed, it loses it's effect. Remember when Megan Fox was the hot "it" girl? All everyone could talk about was how gorgeous she was. Eventually, it got old and she went from super-hot to "who cares?" Everything has a shelf life and few weeks of presentation, presentation, presentation will get old. I'd rather EA do a blitz of info then go back into their hole until they're ready to drop the next nugget.
      i can understand that, but if someone wants more of the same thing - it's available. If someone doesn't - they can look away.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      i can understand that, but if someone wants more of the same thing - it's available. If someone doesn't - they can look away.
      ...but that doesn't satisfy the bitchers on a dying vine
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      ...but that doesn't satisfy the bitchers on a dying vine
      Hey now what do Duke basketball players have anything to do with this?
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Hey now what do Duke basketball players have anything to do with this?