• The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 10 - NCAA 11 OD Issues, NCAA 12 Release Date & More

In this edition of The Gaming Tailgate Podcast: Chris, Jeremy, & Tommy break down the latest news in the NCAA Football world. Issues in NCAA Football 11 Online Dynasties, NCAA Football 12 Release Date, Cover Athlete Voting, and is this the end of NCAA Football on the PS2? Click Read More to view the Video Podcast or to download the MP3.

The Gaming Tailgate Podcast is also available on iTunes. Copy the following address into iTunes or any other RSS client that supports enclosures:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...hp?forumids=39

To submit show feedback or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts below.

Listen to the show here or right click and save as:
    Comments 8 Comments
      cdj -
      You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ase-Date-Cover
      steelerfan -
      Good job, guys. It's time for the excitement to really start building. March is here and, hopefully, we get some big news or a blog very soon.
      CLW -
      Well done (as always) guys!
      MCdonnieG -
      Nice...listening to the podcast right now!!!
      souljahbill -
      I didn't realize there was an online dynasty issue for PS3. When I started my first dynasty, it was a solo online one but there were so many problems, I eventually took it offline. I'd like to try again in 12 so hopefully it works a lot better after a year of experience.
      HawkFan -
      The funny thing about this is that in the dynasty I run with my brothers on Xbox360 I get the message that the transfer has failed about every other week when I go to advance the dynasty. I usually just go ahead and hit retry and the second time does the charm. I am guessing though with the PS3 problems with that message they are not so easily fixed.

Great job guys on the podcast, sounded great and had useful info. Was surprised Jeremy was so quiet though. I kid, I kid.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by HawkFan View Post
      The funny thing about this is that in the dynasty I run with my brothers on Xbox360 I get the message that the transfer has failed about every other week when I go to advance the dynasty. I usually just go ahead and hit retry and the second time does the charm. I am guessing though with the PS3 problems with that message they are not so easily fixed.
      There's two causes for that message. One is when you utterly fail to upload anything to the server, which occurs with a message along the lines of "Uploading Dynasty Data". That's at the very beginning of the advance and, like you said, appears to be a common problem on the 360. It does happen to PS3 as well, but less frequently.

However, the issue with the PS3 at the moment occurs during "Finalizing Dynasty Update" and is affecting 1/2 to 2/3 (depending on who's doing the estimates) of dynasties on the PS3. There's no rhyme or reason to who's affected, and thus far the only fix has been to reload the dynasty under a different PSN name (using the OD save file) or retire the existing dynasty and reload under the same name. This isn't even a complete fix because, depending on when you saved the OD file, I have run into a situation where a new dynasty fails to upload to the server.

It's similar to the 360 issue, but the scope is nowhere near the same and the issue is nowhere near as easy to fix. Some commissioners have been trying to advance without success since Sunday, February 28.
      HawkFan -
      Wow, yeah it sounds like what I get from time to time but without the huge delays. I get the error between step four and five when I get it. That really sucks for the PS3 players out there right now. Hope they fix it soon.
  • Contact the Show!

Have a topic you want discussed on the show? Want to share your thoughts on the latest podcast? Drop us a line!
    podcast AT thegamingtailgate DOT com
  • Looking for EA SPORTS College Football 25 info?

• Looking for NCAA 14 info?

• The Gaming Tailgate Video Podcast