• Fans to Vote for NCAA Football 12 Cover Athlete?

According to DeMarco Murray's twitter account, he will be one of four that will be voted on to be the next cover athlete NCAA Football 12. EA did something similar with last year's Madden NFL 11 where fans voted between Drew Brees, Jared Allen, and Reggie Wayne. Updated to include all four potential candidates. Continue after the break to see what Murray had to say regarding the process as well as an article from TulsaWorld.com.

Quote Originally Posted by @demarcomurray
    Last time wearing a sooner uniform ever!Did a photo shoot/video w/EA sports for the college football game 2012! http://plixi.com/p/81046092

It all depends on how many votes I get.I was 1of 4 guys picked to possibly be on the cover for next years game. So u guys will have to vote!

Ea sports will go public w it tomorrow actually and i think facebook RT @boomersoonernyy: @DeMarcoMurray where can we vote?

Haha yes sirrr!!!RT @kristentam: @DeMarcoMurray a passionate gamer's dream come true haha legit
    If this is true, who do you want to see included in the voting along with Murray? What do you think of Murray being one of the four candidates?

Update: According to TulsaWorld.com, not only will Murray be among the candidates but so will Mark Ingram, Nick Fairley and Jake Locker.

DeMarco Murray fans, log on to Facebook and warm up your video game console.

Murray, the erstwhile OU running back, is one of four candidates to appear on the cover of next year’s EA Sports NCAA Football ’12.

Former Alabama running back Mark Ingram, ex-Auburn defensive tackle Nick Fairley and recent Washington quarterback Jake Locker are the others up for the honor.

Voting begins Monday, March 7, and runs through April 4.

Fans can find the EA Sports page on Facebook and then “like” their favorite players’ page. Only one vote per day is allowed, but fans can vote every day and can also post the link or even start a Facebook group to encourage others to vote.

The winner will be announced April 19 on ESPN’s “First Take”.
    Comments 31 Comments
      MCdonnieG -
      DeMarco Murray's definitely a good choice...if he's in the cast of athletes to vote for, I know Mark Ingrams there for sure. Good find gschwendt!!
      psusnoop -
      I'm good with it, as long as it isn't Fairley out of Auburn I'm happy!
      gschwendt -
      ESPN has confirmed that cover news will be coming tomorrow...
      http://twitter.com/#!/ESPN_JRob/stat...10216991793152
      Quote Originally Posted by ESPN_JRob View Post
      @EASPORTS Check @espn tomorrow for the exclusive NCAA Football 12 cover news.
      CLW -
      Boo voting/democracy. I DEMAND a Iron Curtain of DEFENSE on the cover. Screw what the majority/masses want.
      gschwendt -
      http://twitter.com/#!/EANCAAFootball...17982225551360
      Quote Originally Posted by @EANCAAFootball View Post
      Tune into ESPN First Take tomorrow at 10am ET on ESPN2 for a HUGE NCAA Football 12 announcement!
      JBHuskers -
      Hand was forced?
      steelerfan -
      Murray couldn't keep his damn mouth shut. EA should drop his ass from the ballot (unless his leak was orchestrated).
      gschwendt -
      Article updated to include the other three candidates.
      Solidice -
      I would love a defensive player to be on the cover, but not Fairley.

I guess I would vote for either Ingram or Murray.
      JBHuskers -
      I'm guessing the Bama contingent will get Ingram enough votes. Then those that have no ties may go for him too since he's a former Heisman Trophy winner. I still wanted to see Peterson as the cover athlete, and now Mel Kiper has him #1 on the Big Board after this combine.
      psusnoop -
      I'll be honest I'm still a strong lean for Gschwendt but if I had to pick someone else I guess I'd be ok with Murray or Ingram.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      I'll be honest I'm still a strong lean for Gschwendt but if I had to pick someone else I guess I'd be ok with Murray or Ingram.
      Wonder which pose of Gschwendt they'd go with.
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Wonder which pose of Gschwendt they'd go with.
      Four words: Arkansas State Penis Piping.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      That perhaps might be my best pose of them all.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post

I'm just disappointed that my choice of Sam Keller is not in the mix.
      Kwizzy -
      Don't really like any of the choices but I'd have to go with Murray by process of elimination. He's not in the SEC & he doesn't play for Washington (whom I currently dislike more than Oklahoma due to the fact that Nebraska is playing them for the 3rd time in a year in September).

I'll be using a Custom Prince Amukamara, Dejon Gomes, or Eric Hagg Cover anyway so this isn't too important to me.
      MCdonnieG -
      I vote Ingram...
      HawkFan -
      I actually can not find one that I would be mad if they were on the cover. Ingram, okay, Fairley, I believe he's a bust at the next level after having one decent season, Locker has bust written all over him, and Murray, okay.

If I had to pick one guy I would say Murray would be my front runner.

I think there were plenty of others guys out there that would have been better.
      CLW -
      I don't like ANY of these options really. I guess I will vote Fairley. However, Ingram/Murray will likely win as they have the largest fan bases.
      cdj -
      From today's listing for Thursday's ESPN chat with Nick Fairley:

"Fairley is competing to become the cover athlete for EA Sports' NCAA Football '12. Fans can vote on EA Sports' Facebook page. Voting begins Thursday and runs through April 4."