• Help Shape NCAA Football: Band Locations

The NCAA Football team is reaching out to the community and wants your help in gathering team reference details for possible inclusion in the years to come. After asking for info on Cheerleader Chants several months ago, they now want your help in learning where each college football marching band sits in their home stadium, as well as bowl, conference championship and neutral site locations.

Share your team - or any team you know - info in this thread with a photo reference/circling the section on a seating chart image. A written description would also work, but obviously a photo reference would be more beneficial.

UPDATE - Band seating sections have been gathered for ALL venues in NCAA Football. Great work by the community! Feel free to double check the list and make sure the info for your favorite program is correct.

Comments 400 Comments
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      Good find; I'm on-board with this band section switcheroo. I'll even take the time to go back into NCAA Football 11 and re-capture the band section for this later on today when I have the chance.
      Let me know if you think that section # is right. I couldn't pinpoint what it should be exactly, but I could tell what we had was outdated.

EDIT - I think it was correct in the pic posted, but they must have moved/changed sections recently.
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Let me know if you think that section # is right. I couldn't pinpoint what it should be exactly, but I could tell what we had was outdated.

EDIT - I think it was correct in the pic posted, but they must have moved/changed sections recently.
      After finally getting the chance to look through the videos on that YouTube channel, I think that you're spot-on with Section 217. You can see the section numbers on the back wall at the top of the stadium, and while the angle isn't ideal towards pinpointing the exact section, 217 would appear to be the most logical fit.

I just wish that we had a more exact seating chart which better reflected stairs to get even closer to having the section exact. I'll hop on NCAA Football 11 to get the screengrab and see if the stadium model proves easier to work with.
      Paakaa10 -

From the stadium model, the label is "17" instead of "217" but this is on the correct side of the field. The section above this is labeled "30" in the in-game model which should match up with "230" or so from the real-life video on that YouTube channel.

I believe this is correct because you can see a "tunnel" opening at the bottom of the band section in the YouTube videos and the in-game stadium model has a staircase leading from the stands to the field; that quickly became a key thing to look for as I searched the stadium models for the band section, as the art team would appear to have put those in as an easy-to-overlook detail unless you're specifically searching out this information.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
      Mississippi State - Davis Wade Stadium

Section: Front of P

The band appears to sit in the bottom of Section P of the stadium on the seating chart:

You can see the band in their seats directly across the field in the P section of this photograph:

Thats wrong. http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pi...0924172240.jpg
      cdj -
      Nice find, OSUCowboyofMD! Looking through my pics for updated field art, that appears to be correct: Furthermost Right Section of North Bleachers.

On that note, MSU is the worst team in the game right now in trying to figure out their field art. It appears they changed their field art 2 or 3 times during the season. That pic appears to be from early last year as the Nick Bell 36 logos are not on the field yet and the end zone text is white. When they played then #21 Auburn, it was maroon.
      Paakaa10 -
      Shoot... guess I'll be firing up NCAA 11 again tomorrow and getting a screengrab of the correct band section for Mississippi State. Good catch, OSUCowboyofMD.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Nice find, OSUCowboyofMD! Looking through my pics for updated field art, that appears to be correct: Furthermost Right Section of North Bleachers.

On that note, MSU is the worst team in the game right now in trying to figure out their field art. It appears they changed their field art 2 or 3 times during the season. That pic appears to be from early last year as the Nick Bell 36 logos are not on the field yet and the end zone text is white. When they played then #21 Auburn, it was maroon.
      Thanks guys. And for field art, I'd choose the best looking one haha
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Wisconsin - in these pictures, it shows them sitting in field bleachers sorta kinda like how Notre Dame and Purdue's band does

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp...ll_stadium.jpg

South Carolina - some games like the opener in the 1st link show them sitting there, but in the 2nd link, they're in another section
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jackiem...n/photostream/
      http://www.netitor.com/photos/school...l/2063587.jpeg

- I can't find any other pictures, but i've seen them sit mostly in the section thats shown in the 2nd link
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
      Wisconsin - in these pictures, it shows them sitting in field bleachers sorta kinda like how Notre Dame and Purdue's band does

http://www.thesportsbank.net/core/wp...ll_stadium.jpg
      You're right that there are field bleachers, but that's not enough for all of their band, and there's clear evidence that they are in the Sections we have them in.

If you watch this video, you can see the empty section when the band is on the field during Jump Around. Add that to the evidence we already have (and my own memories of all the shots of their band in our games against them), and I'm confident in our answer.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      You're right that there are field bleachers, but that's not enough for all of their band, and there's clear evidence that they are in the Sections we have them in.

If you watch this video, you can see the empty section when the band is on the field during Jump Around. Add that to the evidence we already have (and my own memories of all the shots of their band in our games against them), and I'm confident in our answer.
      yeah your right.
      cdj -
      Maybe it will be in this year....

From Operation Sports in the cover discussion thread, game designer Alex Howell (not sure of his area) added this in response to the news of NCAA info on First Take tomorrow morning:

Yes, we are going to reveal HUGE news. But I am going to go ahead and spoil it for you...

NEW BAND PLACEMENT FOR NCAA12!!!!!11111
      I could be wrong, but I don't think a dev would mention that (even as a passing joke) if there weren't truth to it.

EDIT - Alex has posted on OS that he came in this fall and is now the designer for Road to Glory.
      OSUCowboyofMD -
      Maybe it will be in this year....

From Operation Sports in the cover discussion thread, game designer Alex Howell (not sure of his area) added this in response to the news of NCAA info on First Take tomorrow morning:

I could be wrong, but I don't think a dev would mention that (even as a passing joke) if there weren't truth to it.

EDIT - Alex has posted on OS that he came in this fall and is now the designer for Road to Glory.
      I hope thats true....
      DariusLock -
      Ole Miss is moving theirs to the South Endzone but I'm not exactly sure where yet.
      cdj -
      In a MarketWatch article discussing the social side of EA SPORTS, the NCAA Football community was given a special shout-out for their work on gathering band info:

"In one case, the NCAA Football 12 developers asked for help figuring out where marching bands are situated in 120 college stadiums; it took just three days for the online community to provide an answer for every location."
      Dr Death -
      Hoping that they get Arrowhead Stadium back in for the Mizzou vs KU Border War. Here's a photo of the stadium from the end zone nearest the tunnel... {the tunnel is to the left} which is where MU is at and KU's band is in the opposite end zone.

coogrfan -
      It's probably too late to change at this point, but I just noticed that Paakaa's NCAA 11 screenshot for Houston has the UH band taking up too much of section 217. Here is how it should appear (apologies for the crude correction):

DariusLock -
      Ole Miss moved it's band to S6 at the top above the students so you can hear the band better. http://ev8.evenue.net/evenue/linkID=...ng_charts.html

There is a link to a chart that shows it. At the top of S6 it says Band, it might be hard to see. With the band moving to S6 the students will now take up some of Section A as well.
      cdj -
      Updated table in post 2 with updated Houston screen and Ole Miss location. Will add in-game reference shot for Ole Miss later this week.
      cdj -
      Old Dominion

Front of Section 113

South Alabama

Front of Y4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBsfhYD0Hic

http://www.laddpeeblesstadium.com/seating.asp

Still missing Old Dominion & UNC Charlotte
      baseballplyrmvp -

if they ever allow us to import nfl stadiums into the game, then i think it'd be cool if they had accurate placements for student sections and band locations.

the USC band sat in section 101, whereas the UW band sat in section 122. the UW student section sat in sections 117-121. not sure on the official placement, but that an approximate location. the USC songgirls danced in front of seating sections 100 and 104, and the UW cheerleaders danced in front of sections 113, 114, 119 and 120

UW was on the west side of the field, USC was on the east side.