• Help Shape NCAA Football: Band Locations

The NCAA Football team is reaching out to the community and wants your help in gathering team reference details for possible inclusion in the years to come. After asking for info on Cheerleader Chants several months ago, they now want your help in learning where each college football marching band sits in their home stadium, as well as bowl, conference championship and neutral site locations.

Share your team - or any team you know - info in this thread with a photo reference/circling the section on a seating chart image. A written description would also work, but obviously a photo reference would be more beneficial.

UPDATE - Band seating sections have been gathered for ALL venues in NCAA Football. Great work by the community! Feel free to double check the list and make sure the info for your favorite program is correct.

Comments 400 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      I have set up a table on the 2nd post of this article which will be updated with which schools we have.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ll=1#post38399
      Paakaa10 -
      Miami (OH) - Yager Stadium

Section: Front of 17

The band sits in the first half of Section 17 behind the home team bench.
      Paakaa10 -
      Ball State - Scheumann Stadium

Section: Back of the student section in A & B behind the Ball State bench

http://www.ballstatesports.com/fls/1...B_OEM_ID=14200

Paakaa10 -
      Duke - Wallace Wade Stadium

Section: Middle of 22/23

Not very exact here--my apologies--but on the above image the yellow sections represent both the Student Section and the Duke Band.

Paakaa10 -
      Florida Atlantic - Lockhart Stadium

Section: 113

The marching band sits in Section 113--the gray area behind the west endzone--according to this seating chart.

Paakaa10 -
      Florida State - Doak Campbell Stadium

Section: 120

According to this seating chart, the "Marching Chiefs" are located directly behind the south end zone of the stadium.

Click for PHOTO of Band Section
      Paakaa10 -
      Louisiana Tech - Joe Aillet Stadium

Section: Q

This is a small image--apologies for that--but it shows that the Louisiana Tech band is located in Section Q on the East side of the field.
      Paakaa10 -
      Louisville - Papa John's Cardinal Stadium

Section: 111

According to this seating chart, the band sits in Section 111--it is the white square next to the purple Section 112 behind the visitor sideline--which is in the student section on the sideline.

EDIT (cdj)

JeffHCross -
      Ohio State
      Stadium: Ohio Stadium
      Band Section(s): 38AA

Band Name: The Ohio State University Marching Band, also known as TBDBITL (The Best Damn Band in the Land)

As marked in this seating chart, the Ohio State band is seated in 38AA, which is the closest section to the field, all the way to the left, when facing the South Stands.

A view of the South Stands, where you can see the band in the lower-left and "Block O" (student section in 39A) performing a card stunt in the center:
      Paakaa10 -
      Troy - Veterans Memorial Stadium

Section: 117 & 119

The band sits in Sections 117 and 119, which are on the eastern corner of the south endzone. The sections are black in the image.

EDIT -

cdj -
      Awesome job so far, guys!

Table updated through post #50.

If anyone is working on these tonight or over the weekend, try and post which teams you are looking into to avoid duplicate work. I am going to work on the remaining Big 10 schools right now.
      Paakaa10 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      ( Side note: Brian ... had fun with this today, did you?)
      Wife being called into work + being unemployed + major snowstorm = tons of downtime and thus productivity in searching out this information.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Awesome job so far, guys!

If anyone is working on these tonight or over the weekend, try and post which teams you are looking into to avoid duplicate work. I am going to work on the remaining Big 10 schools right now.
      Thanks for adding some live images to my posts, Chris; much appreciated. I've now gone to every single school's athletics website looking to see if their seating charts defined the band section. If that was the case, I've posted it here. What's left is likely going to be significantly more difficult to figure out since we'll need to track down live images of the band out of their seats and then work through which section corresponds on the seating chart.
      cdj -
      Paakaa - flickr is a very good resource as well. Just type in the stadium name and hope to find the band or a huge seating gap! :p I just lucked out on flickr and found where Northwestern sits. Awesome job again, BTW. Very impressive, man!
      cdj -
      Northwestern - Ryan Field

Section: Front of 31/131

Paakaa10 -
      Wisconsin - Camp Randall Stadium

Section: Front half of Sections K & L

According to this seating chart, the band is seated immediately behind the north endzone.

cdj -
      Purdue - Ross-Ade Stadium

Section: Front rows of Sections 113-117
      (Section numbers approximate based on seating chart. See pics below.)

Paakaa10 -
      Georgia - Sanford Stadium

Sections: Front of 112/113

Paakaa10 -

It's really hard to be certain because of how the stadium is designed, but I believe that the band section is Section 28 at field level on the bottom-left.

Here's an image from a TraditionFootball.com post to correllate:

tweety21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      First cheerleader chants and now band locations? Why do I have a bad feeling about NCAA 12 right now? This reminds me of the great windsock addition of NCAA 10 and that game had the focus on all the wrong places. I didn't like the passing speeds, the camera, or some other stuff in that game. I hope this isn't detracting from any real gameplay improvements.
      I'm so feeling your comment Rudy...Damn E.A. when will u learn
      Paakaa10 -
      Clemson - Memorial Stadium

Section: KK

Nothing specified in the official seating chart, but here's a picture to show that they sit on the left side of the "Howard's Rock" path to the field:

That would be Section KK in the seating chart included here.