• Game of the Week Preview: TCU at Utah

The latest Game of the Week takes us to Salt Lake City for an important Mountain West Conference showdown that will help clear up the National Championship picture. TCU enters this match-up on a 22-game regular season winning streak and hope to stay on pace with Boise State in an attempt to play in the BCS Championship Game. Utah will be looking for their third undefeated season in the last seven years.

The Horned Frogs defense has been nothing short of spectacular in the last month, allowing just 16 points in their last five games - combined. However, Utah has impressive wins versus Pittsburgh and at Iowa State and Air Force. They will be the toughest foe TCU will face in the regular season.

Keep an eye on each quarterback:
    - TCU QB Andy Dalton: The senior has been very efficient (17th nationally), but the passing attack ranks just 60th nationally. However the ground game has been superb, averaging 271 YPG, good for ninth in the country.
    - Utah QB Jordan Wynn: The sophomore ranks 11th nationally in pass efficiency and has helped lead their offense to rank in the top third in both rushing and passing yardage per game.

Click Read More for the video preview of TCU vs. Utah.

Spoiler: show
    Utah 17, TCU 10

Player of the Game:
    Utah CB Brandon Burton – 2 tackles, 2 solo, 1 INT, 1 FR

Leaders:

Passing
    TCU QB Andy Dalton – 16 of 26, 158 yards, 1 INT
    Utah QB Jordan Wynn – 30 of 38, 279 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT

Rushing
    TCU HB Matthew Tucker – 15 carries, 34 yards
    Utah HB Matt Asiata – 1 carry, 11 yards

Receiving
    TCU HB Matthew Tucker – 6 receptions, 49 yards
    Utah WR Elijah Wesson – 7 receptions, 92 yards

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter
    4:12 FG TCU: R. Evans, 50 yard FG
    0:04 FG Utah: N. Marsh, 42 yard FG

2nd Quarter
    4:06 TD TCU: E. Wesley, 10 yard run (R. Evans kick)
    1:50 TD Utah: S. Smithson, 5 yard pass from J. Wynn (N. Marsh kick)

3rd Quarter
    0:44 TD Utah: J. Wynn, 4 yard run (N. Marsh kick)

4th Quarter
    (None)
    Comments 8 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      I'm VERY early to the party, no poll up yet
      JBHuskers -
      TCU has held their last five opponents to single digit scoring and held a decent Baylor squad to 10 points while scoring 45. I just think they're the better team.
      steelerfan -
      I agree, JB, TCU wins. The question is - by how much?
      psuexv -
      I can honestly say that I never imagined a time when TCU vs Utah would be that game of the week and have National Championship implications. Great for those programs though.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      I agree, JB, TCU wins. The question is - by how much?
      I'm staying away from the spread, but taking the unders (52.5)
      JeffHCross -
      TCU will win, and Jeff will bitch almost all day about not being able to get this game. From all indications, despite it being CBS College Sports' "Free Weekend", it's still not being shown on my cable system.

EDIT: That appears to be because it's only a Preview in certain areas. Sigh.
      The free preview will put CBS College Sports Network in approximately 60 million homes nationally, including full distribution on Dish Network. In the Dallas/Fort Worth market, Time Warner Cable and Charter Communications are offering all digital customers CBS College Sports Network at no cost on Time Warner Cable channel 195 and 790 in HD, and on Charter Communications channel 290. Fans in the area can also watch the Network on Suddenlink Communications channel 123 or 512, Verizon FiOS channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse channel 643.

Additional cable providers that are participating in CBS College Sports Network's free preview within the MWC footprint include Time Warner channels 415 and 790 in San Diego, Calif., and Charter Communications channel 411 in Reno, Nev. For more information on getting the free preview of CBS College Sports Network, please contact your local cable provider.
      JBHuskers -
      Wow this game is only on CBS College Sports? We have it, gotta pay $3 a month for this an NHL Network and NBA TV and some random FOX Sports....with a roommate $1.50 a month is worth it.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Wow this game is only on CBS College Sports?
      Yeeeeeeeep. I truly, truly do not understand CBS's college football choices. Pay a truck load to only air SEC in-conference games. They don't do SEC OOC, they don't do anybody else. I heard an argument that CBS should/should not bump the SEC 3:30 game in favor of the TCU-Utah game. One of the arguments against it was that CBS would be "legitimizing" TCU-Utah by putting them in the same time slot. I can understand that, and I wouldn't encourage them to do that either. But it just makes no sense to me that they're not running it as a 7:00 pm game on CBS. It would be perfect for them.