• NCAA Football 11: Online Dynasty Data Exports

NCAA Football 11 designer Russ Kiniry has posted a new blog discussing new exportable information on the Dynasty Wire website.

Here we are in October, well into the football season, and we still have a bit of NCAA news for the Online Dynasty players out there. Later today when you log into www.easports.com/dynasty you'll notice a number of buttons that will allow you to export information from the site. Easily gaining access to all of the Dynasty information below was one of the biggest items requested from you, the fan, for our Dynasty web site. I'm happy to say we are delivering this feature.

Click Read More to view all of the exportable data now available from your Online Dynasty.

The following items are available for you to download as a .csv (accessible with a program like Excel) file onto your personal computer:

Top 25 Polls
    Will be the same information as the Top 25 page

Stat Leaders
    All stats visible on the Stats leaders page

Schedules
    Includes games already played and future games

Rosters
    Includes Players Name, Home Town/State, Position and Ratings

Prospect Information
    This is has the most information. For each Prospect you will get the following:
    - Name (First, Last)
    - Position
    - Caliber
    - Position Rank
    - Overall Rank
    - Height
    - Weight
    - Top 10 Schools
    - Home Town/State
    - Ratings (displayed as Letters grades)

We hope this gives you the ability to archive, create, and manage (or any other ideas you can think of!) all this data as you see fit for your personal Online Dynasty. As always, you can continue to leave us feedback on our forums. I'd like to thank you for your continued support of NCAA Football 11. It's been a great year so far!

Thanks again,
    - Russ Kiniry
    Designer NCAA Football
    Comments 48 Comments
      psuexv -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Yep, I noticed that as well. Kinda annoying, since THA is probably one of the ratings I was more likely to want downloaded.

cdj, what are our chances of seeing bug fixes to these downloads?
      yeah this one confused me. I can see Press Coverage for a DB not being included but THA for a QB... come on.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
      yeah this one confused me. I can see Press Coverage for a DB not being included but THA for a QB... come on.
      Interesting enough ... there are three ratings missing. And if you load up a player's card on Dynasty Wire, it's the last rating listed in each of the bottom three sections. Press Coverage, Throw Accuracy, and Return. It's like they just forgot to select all the ratings in those sections.
      cdj -
      I am sending in now an e-mail with the feedback JHC typed up.
      cdj -
      I sent in the list of fixes you PMd me this morning:

1. In the "Roster" download, the column for Hometown/State isn't enclosed in "", so it's treated like two separate columns when opened as a csv file. This means that the headers do not match up with the data, and differs from the "Prospects" download.
      2. The "Roster" file doesn't include three ratings: Throw Accuracy, Press Coverage, and Return.
      3. For the "Prospects" download, the only headers that are contained in the file are for QBs. Other positions are in the file, but no headers are included.
      4. For the "Prospects" download, for the DE, DT, OLB and MLB positions, one column isn't properly saved. It's probably supposed to be Finesse Move, but comes out as "F" grade for every player.

And just got back a response that the fixes should now be deployed.

Yes, they’re all fixed and live. I just verified again on the Prod site to be sure. Also, you may want to note in responses that I also separated out Hometown, State in Roster and Prospects so they could be sorted separately, and I also separated out the Prospects’ Top10 schools so they could be sorted uniquely as well!

gschwendt -
      So apparently they fixed it, however they also took away the ability to "peek" at ATH ratings that aren't on the ATH player card. There is now only one record for all ATHs and only shows the same information that the web-app shows:

JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      So apparently they fixed it, however they also took away the ability to "peek" at ATH ratings that aren't on the ATH player card.
      I can honestly not blame them for that.

CDJ, that is borderline amazing how we managed that timing. Thanks for sending it in, sorry it took me so long to turn it around.
      JeffHCross -
      Using the Online Data Export, I exported the named rosters by steelerfan from Week 2 of my Online Dynasty. Sadly, you can't export in Week 1, so there is some progression in these rosters. Sorry.

Anyway, here's an Excel file of, essentially, the default rosters, but with names: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hlwk9f
      Rudy -
      (oops wrong thread)