• Game of the Week Preview: Clemson vs. Auburn

This week's Game of the Week follows the College GameDay crew to Auburn, Alabama for Clemson at Auburn. Each program finds themselves in a state of rebuilding.

Clemson's Dabo Swinney took over the reigns of the program midway through the 2008 season following the resignation of Tommy Bowden. Swinney has a 15-8 record (9-4 ACC) as Clemson head coach.

After being one of the most heralded assistant coaches in the country, Gene Chizik spent two years as head coach of the Iowa State Cyclones. In his time at ISU, Chizik went just 5-19 and left in controversial fashion. In his first season at Auburn, Chizik and the Tigers went 10-5 with an exciting Outback Bowl victory over Northwestern.

The weekend may not contain huge top ten showdowns, but there are many match-ups that will help clear up the Top 25 picture. Nebraska travels to Washington to face their first BCS conference foe of the season, Iowa and Arizona battle in the desert, Texas Tech looks to pull another upset against Texas in Lubbock, and Wisconsin looks for an impressive home win to prove they are worthy of the top ten.

Click Read More to see the NCAA Football 11 simulation video for Clemson vs. Auburn.

Click 'Show' for full game result and recap.
    Spoiler: show
    Clemson 30, Auburn 20

Player of the Game:
    LE DaQuan Bowers, Clemson – 8 total tackles, 6 solo, 2 assisted tackles, 3 TFL, 1.0 sack, 1 FF, 1 FR

Leaders:

Passing
    QB Kyle Parker, Clemson – 10 of 19, 207 yards, 1 TD
    QB Barrett Trotter, Auburn – 16 of 26, 188 yards, 2 TD

Rushing
    HB Andre Ellington, Clemson – 27 attempts, 123 yards, 1 TD
    HB Mario Fannin, Auburn – 15 attempts, 66 yards

Receiving
    WR Jaron Brown, Clemson – 4 receptions, 99 yards, 1 TD
    WR Kodi Burns, Auburn – 6 receptions, 112 yards

Scoring Summary

1st Quarter
    2:19 TD Aub: T. Stallworth, 1 yard run (W. Byrum kick)
    0:08 TD Aub: D. Adams, 4 yard pass from B. Trotter (W. Byrum kick)

2nd Quarter
    5:28 FG Clem: C. Catanzaro, 39 yard FG
    3:58 TD Clem: J. Brown, 65 yard pass from K. Parker (C. Catanzaro kick)
    1:52 TD Clem: A. Ellington, 2 yard run (C. Catanzaro kick)
    0:21 FG Clem: C. Catanzaro, 30 yard FG

3rd Quarter
    6:42 TD Clem: J. Harper, 86 yard run (C. Catanzaro kick)
    3:52 FG Clem: C. Catanzaro, 32 yard FG

4th Quarter
    1:38 TD Aub: M. Fannin, 8 yard pass from B. Trotter (2-pt failed)
    Comments 9 Comments
      cdj -
      Who wins the Game of the Week?

- Clemson
      - Auburn
      JBHuskers -
      Pretty even I think....going with the home team here.
      morsdraconis -
      Wow, I definitely think the SIM is going to be wrong on this one.
      CLW -
      I think Auburn takes out Clemson and shows that the ACC is REALLY down this year.
      Coachdenz -
      if Auburn wear's the dark blue helmets they lose! otherwise Auburn wins....crazy I know....

steelerfan -
      Nice job, Chris.

Thanks for the "Spoiler".

Treat yourself to a couple of these...
      cdj -
      We'll have to wait until YouTube updates overnight, but some site linked to this preview video and it has several hundred hits in just a few hours of being posted! Pretty impressive.

Glad you like the 'Spoiler', steelerfan.
      psusnoop -
      I enjoyed that too Chris! (the spoiler that is)

I also love these, but I think Auburn wins and covers the spread in this one.
      steelerfan -
      TGT GotW YTD:

SU 2-1
      ATS 3-0
      O/U 2-1

That's a helluva run! I may throw a couple bucks ATS on this week's pick, lol.

/degenerate

EDIT: Including your "Other Simulations" from Week 2, these picks are 6-1 ATS. The only loss was Tennessee (vs Oregon) and one could argue that Tennessee may have covered if not for that long lightning delay. Wow! You need to start using weather forecasts in your sims, lol!