• NCAA Football 11 Game Update #2 Now Available

The second game update for NCAA Football 11 is now available for PlayStation 3 & X-Box 360 users. Players will be prompted to download the update upon starting the game provided they are connected to PSN/XBL.

For the full list of fixes, visit this post. Designer Russ Kiniry calls this the biggest update in the history of the NCAA Football franchise.

After playing the game with the update, share your thoughts and other noticeable fixes with the community. When EA SPORTS details more fixes in this update, we will update this story.

UPDATE - A new Live Tuning Package is also available and corrects the progression issue that 360 users were reporting post-update this morning. Full patch details available here.
    Comments 43 Comments
      Rudy -
      You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-Now-Available

The second game update for NCAA Football 11 is now available for PlayStation 3 & X-Box 360 users. Players will be prompted to download the update upon starting the game provided they are connected to PSN/XBL.

For the full list of fixes, visit this post. Designer Russ Kiniry calls this the biggest update in the history of the NCAA Football franchise.

After playing the game with the update, share your thoughts and other noticeable fixes with the community. When EA SPORTS details more fixes in this update, we will update this story.

UPDATE - A new Live Tuning Package is also available and corrects the progression issue that 360 users were reporting post-update this morning. Full patch details available here.
      cdj -
      X-Box 360 users are reporting that this update has made it so players earn no ratings boosts following off-season training. On the PS3, community members say it is working just fine. (Credit to Operation Sports)

We'll update this thread with more info as it comes in.
      Oneback -
      So I am reading that the title patch is out, but it looks like dynasty progression is completely broken now. No one it progressing at all. Any word on this?
      cdj -
      http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-Now-Available

Oddly, PS3 users are saying it works fine - only 360 is messed up.
      Nothingface -
      Can I get a refund from somewhere....
      Sinister -
      i have a feeling once the maintence is over things might get better its weird the patch would be out before that maintence would happen so they could clear up things. also i would assume that there is a tuner update that should be behind this patch. at least that was my understanding when i read the thank you blog
      Solidice -
      just try it out. progression is non-existent on 360 now.

however, a new tuner update was released. going to try the progression once again after downloading that.
      Sinister -
      solidice you took the words right ut my mouth...lol
      Solidice -
      crisis averted. new tuner update 'fixes' the progression for 360 users.
      JeffHCross -
      ... wow.
      Nothingface -
      YAY!!! Thank God. I still have very mean words to you on facebook EA. Glad its working tho. shit!
      cdj -
      From the official NCAA Football website:

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!

Graphics

- Uniform degradation has been fixed.
      - Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
      - Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
      - Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest

- Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so your upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
      - Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
      - Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
      - Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling

Offense
      - Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
      - Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
      - Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
      - Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
      - Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
      - Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
      - Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective

Defense
      - Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
      - Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
      - Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
      - Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
      - Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
      - Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough

Special Teams
      - Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
      - Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
      - Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
      - Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points

Other
      - Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
      - Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
      - Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
      - Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
      - Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
      - Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
      - Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups

Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
      Designer NCAA Football
      steelerfan -
      My rosters won't load now. When I manually load them, I still end up with C #61 etc. Anyone else seen this? PS3, of course.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      My rosters won't load now. When I manually load them, I still end up with C #61 etc. Anyone else seen this? PS3, of course.
      I have seen that pre-patch as well. Not sure what the cause was but ultimately I just ended up downloading them again.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I have seen that pre-patch as well. Not sure what the cause was but ultimately I just ended up downloading them again.
      That worked. Thanks.

I played a half TCU (me) at UF in heavy rain. The uniform degradation is NICE! Also, the punt return blocking seemed better on Middle Return but didn't seem any different (read: still non-existent) on the directional returns. I only had 1 of each though.
      CLW -
      I'm particularly interested in seeing whether aggressive d-line actually has a "penalty" associated with it now. In 10 and 11 I have not jumped offsides once while setting the d-line to aggressive.
      rhombic21 -
      Post patch, this game is actually pretty fun to play. There are still some issues with zone coverages, but man to man seems to have a nice balance between being useless like it was on '09 and superhuman like it was before the patch. Now it feels like you can find and exploit mismatches and get rewarded for catching the defense in a bad playcall, but you can't just blindly sling it up and down the field with no consequences for misreading coverage.

The running game isn't overdone, but doesn't feel neutered either. It feels about perfect to me.

So really, I think we're at a place where the next step that needs to happen for gameplay is to tighten up the zone logic (pattern reading, smarter adjustments, etc...) and to expand the defensive playbooks so there are better zone coverages/blitzes from the dime formations.

I'm pretty pleased with the game now.
      rhombic21 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      I'm particularly interested in seeing whether aggressive d-line actually has a "penalty" associated with it now. In 10 and 11 I have not jumped offsides once while setting the d-line to aggressive.
      It definitely does. I've gotten numerous offsides calls against people online, so now I think you'll see most people setting their DL to balanced instead of aggressive.
      gschwendt -
      Here's the official blog from Russ (pretty much the same as what cdj posted above)
      http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...?blogId=Patch2
      steelerfan -
      As Rudy reported, the CPU uses hard counts now as well.