• The Gaming Tailgate Podcast: NCAA 11 Live Tuning Package & More

In this edition of The Gaming Tailgate podcast, cdj and gschwendt discuss the recently released first Live Tuning Package for NCAA Football 11 and preview the upcoming second game update.

To submit show feedback or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts in the comments section.

Continue on to download or listen to the podcast on MP3.

Listen to the show here or right click and save as:
    Comments 14 Comments
      JeffHCross -
      W00t!

EDIT: I swear, is somebody tossing change (coins) up and down in the background? And what's with G's "I don't want to go there" around 5:20, lol.

EDIT 2: Nice cursing, too, G.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      W00t!

EDIT: I swear, is somebody tossing change (coins) up and down in the background? And what's with G's "I don't want to go there" around 5:20, lol.

EDIT 2: Nice cursing, too, G.
      I can only assume the coins is from my ceiling fan... it doesn't quite have the same sound but it's about the same consistency. I don't hear it as loudly just sitting here but obviously my mic might have picked it up.

As for the other two, it's most likely just a product of Chris going out of town tomorrow and quickly editing this together and missing my outtakes.
      JeffHCross -
      Pretty much figured the last two, I just couldn't help pointing them out. Well, the curse at least. The "I don't want to go there" just confused me.

That fan sound is very interesting. Strangely, it seemed more noticeable when Chris was talking than when you were. Though sometimes recordings work like that ... ahhhh ... especially if you weren't talking when he was, then the only sound your mic may have been picking up was your fan, rather than nothing at all.

EDIT: Just realized I didn't say this, but good job on the podcast guys. Good listen.
      Oneback -
      Good job, good to get the plug.
      ebin -
      Well done guys. It really did sound like coins clanging together. Weird.
      jaymo76 -
      Yup, if they can fix the robo man coverage this would be a huge improvement. It's too the point where there is no reason to run a slant unless the cpu is in zone. Also, that weird DB slow down, freeze, and get out of position "glitch" has cost me a lot of defensive stands... it needs to be fixed ASAP.
      steelerfan -
      Good job, guys!
      cdj -
      Apologies if swear words slipped in....at least it shows you guys are listening!

I haven't relistened for a 'change' sound, but we had that mysteriously show up on a podcast we did a long time ago and never again. Not sure what that would be.
      CLW -
      Nice work guys!
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Apologies if swear words slipped in....
      No worries, it's only the first time I've heard G curse since our game the other day ...
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Apologies if swear words slipped in....at least it shows you guys are listening!

I haven't relistened for a 'change' sound, but we had that mysteriously show up on a podcast we did a long time ago and never again. Not sure what that would be.
      Maybe it's some sort of eerie haunting going on...
      morsdraconis -
      Great stuff as always fellas and I couldn't agree more with G. This game is so damn fun to play, it's amazing the leaps and bounds they've made from '10.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      No worries, it's only the first time I've heard G curse since our game the other day ...
      Yeah I'm sure I've had to have some edited out in past podcasts LOL
      Kwizzy -
      Nice podcast guys... I agree with tommy about things that needed to be addressed. Especially with the pass coverage & the players getting stuck on eachother.

In addition to the examples he gave, I have noticed on zone reads that sometimes the DE will crash & try to get to the HB but get stuck on the TE or tackle & therefore when I keep it with the QB, he is in position to tackle me for a loss.