• NCAA Football 11 - Release Day Patch Info

NCAA Football 11 will be available in stores tomorrow, July 13th, and a patch will be available at the same time. Based on feedback from the community on the Demo, and internal testing, EA SPORTS has addressed several issues after the game was sent to Microsoft and Sony. The following changes were made for the July 13th patch:

Click Read More to see the list of changes announced with this patch.

- Fixed an exploit where the QB could walk through the defense when the ball is snapped, with a guaranteed a gain of over 50 yards.

- Tuned QB fumbling on scrambles, resolving an issue where the QB would fumble every time if hit past the line of scrimmage.

- Improved deep zone coverage assignments, making it significantly more difficult to be beaten by the deep ball. In particular, deep zones have been improved against Streak routes.

- Tuned QB throwing out of a sack. Previously, it was too easy for a QB to throw the ball while being tackled; this has been toned down to be more accurate.

- Resolved an error with pursuit angles, which resulted in defenders over pursuing the ball carrier every play. The angle was fixed to be slightly more aggressive, creating a more accurate pursuit.

- Tuned the read and react assignment for linebackers, especially outside linebackers, before the handoff. This will make it more difficult to run the ball outside the Tackles.

- Fixed an issue with the CPU ball carrier being stuck in a forward lean animation. Also lowered the frequency of CPU ball carriers leaning.

- Resolved an issue where AI players in man coverage assignment would swerve when covering particular vertical routes, causing them to be beat repeatedly.

- Ball carriers will no longer go into a tightrope assignment when running along the sideline. This was causing the player's speed to decrease to 70%.

- Resolved an issue that was causing tackles to not matchup in online games, potentially causing a crash in online games.

- Footsliding will no longer occur when the ball carrier has the ball in their left hand.

- Tuned CPU screen passes so they will get rid of the ball faster, resulting in less sacks.

- Resolved a crash that occurred if connection is lost before entering a game mode.
    Comments 30 Comments
      AustinWolv -
      Tuned CPU screen passes so they will get rid of the ball faster, resulting in less sacks.
      {applauding!!!!}
      steelerfan -
      This sounds great!!
      ebin -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Footsliding will no longer occur when the ball carrier has the ball in their left hand.
      What does this one refer to?

This is an impressive list for a release day patch. Can't wait 'til midnight!
      JBHuskers -
      Yep! Impressive list. It actually dropped last Wednesday I think. We had to keep it under wraps though
      JeffHCross -
      cdj/JB ... this looks like this differs from the list of Demo to Retail fixes. A lot of people were speculating that the "Demo to Retail" list was actually a patch. Can you guys confirm that these are, in fact, separate entities?
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      cdj/JB ... this looks like this differs from the list of Demo to Retail fixes. A lot of people were speculating that the "Demo to Retail" list was actually a patch. Can you guys confirm that these are, in fact, separate entities?
      Yes they are separate. Demo to retail changes are what is on the disc, and the patch is this list which dropped the middle of last week.
      psusnoop -
      JB and crew, have you talked to them about the PA HB Screen glitch were the QB just takes off backwards till you hit a button?

Also I tried to play a guy online last night and he kept getting disconnected. In my other game against IronDragon from here the game was very smooth for the first half then hit a ton of lag on the second half. Has anyone talked with EA about these yet?
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      JB and crew, have you talked to them about the PA HB Screen glitch were the QB just takes off backwards till you hit a button?
      Can you give me an exact playbook, formation, & play on that? Pretty sure they know, but we can send it on again.
      psusnoop -
      I will look at it tonight. I do not remember it all but I think I saved the video (atleast I hope I did).
      texacotea -
      EA looks to be making some strides on making this game good. I like this alot
      gschwendt -
      Can you give me an exact playbook, formation, & play on that? Pretty sure they know, but we can send it on again.
      I'll see if I can find the exact play I ran into it with but I believe it was in the Georgia Playbook and was some form of Playaction Screen Pass. Seeing as how that's never been in the game in the past, I can only assume it's somehow tied to the animation for the new play.
      CLW -
      It sounds good. Of course, many of the terms used to describe the changes made (such as "Improved" or "Tuned") are subjective and open to interpretation.
      psusnoop -
      EA is doing a great job at getting different opinions and thoughts into the game to make this the most wholesome game we've seen yet.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      I'll see if I can find the exact play I ran into it with but I believe it was in the Georgia Playbook and was some form of Playaction Screen Pass. Seeing as how that's never been in the game in the past, I can only assume it's somehow tied to the animation for the new play.
      Georgia Playbook, I-Form - Y-Trips PA Boot Screen.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      That is exactly like it was for me as well, a new Playaction screen pass which I think I was Oregon State when it happened to me. Might have been Indiana though too.
      psusnoop -
      Can you post a quick video showing everyone how it happens that way everyone knows what to look for?
      gschwendt -
      Can you post a quick video showing everyone how it happens that way everyone knows what to look for?
      Will do.
      gschwendt -
      CLW -
      I assume all of the videos we have seen here at TGL since the embargo lift are "post-patch"?
      mundo -
      Yep! Impressive list. It actually dropped last Wednesday I think. We had to keep it under wraps though
      Does this mean the affect is in the videos you guys are posting? It does actually explain certain aspects that seem improved.

The success of fixes is subjective, but they are mentioning the concerns that have been discussed. Definitely the right start to getting them fixed.