• NCAA Football 11 Ad Campaign: 'Where I Come From'

It seems as though EA Sports has taken an interesting marketing tactic this year. Popping up across various blog sites dedicated to specific college football teams are articles titled Where I Come From and speaking in terms of that specific team. Each of these is labeled as "This post is sponsored by EA Sports NCAA Football 2011! This is our first post of NCAA Football 11 sponsored posts throughout the week." In addition to that, some are beginning to see video advertisements appearing on some of these pages that include a brief clip of various teams stating their "Where I Come From" mantra. So far Google News has managed to pick up quite a few of these blogs ranging from teams like Syracuse, Michigan, Washington State, Alabama, and many others. Click the Google News link above to see if you can find your team. Continue after the break to read a description about the campaign from a USC blogger.

Ah, it's July. The fireworks are now over and the baseball season is in full-swing, which means just one thing: college football is just around the corner. Granted, many of us haven't had the easiest past month thanks to Paul Dee and our buddies over there at the NCAA offices, but thanks to EA Sports, we now have the opportunity to celebrate some of the more enjoyable aspects of what it means to be members of the Trojan Family.

As many of you have already heard, EA Sports is sponsoring a week's worth of posts for many of SB Nation's college blogs leading up to the release of NCAA Football 2011 next Tuesday, July 13th. They never specified what they wanted us all to say, but instead, merely asked for a series of posts celebrating diehard fans of college football. Sounds good to me.

If you're a fan of the game like me, then you're obviously aware of the celebration that will take place a week from Tuesday in front of my television set. This series of posts is a way to get you excited for the annual release of the best football video game ever created (sorry Madden fans) and for the upcoming 2010 season as well. Even more so for my fellow Trojan fans, it's a way to talk about something other than the NCAA sanctions and USC's appeal.
    Source
    Comments 11 Comments
      razorback44 -
      I just found the Arkansas one. The websites main page breaks down all the articles they will have this week sponsored by NCAA 11.

Arkansas Razorbacks - Where I Come From
      gschwendt -
      Looks like all of these blogs are part of SB Nation. The teams that have a dedicated blogger seem to be participating in the campaign. You can look on their list of all 120 teams and check out your teams' blog to see if someone will be doing the write-ups this week.
      http://www.sbnation.com/hub_pages/te...ncaa.org.mfoot
      JeffHCross -
      That's very smart to hook up NCAA and SBNation. SBNation and the Rivals sites are probably the most frequented CFB sites out there, other than ESPN.
      gschwendt -
      JBHuskers -
      Saw that tonight on ESPN was during Sportscenter I think when I saw it.
      souljahbill -
      Man, Elway looks OLD.
      texacotea -
      Think I seen on Espn last night also, good commercial.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Saw that tonight on ESPN was during Sportscenter I think when I saw it.
      F Desmond.

(down)
      gschwendt -
      EASports has added two commercials to their Youtube account, both available in 1080p for the aficionado.

SEC/ACC

Big 12
      ram29jackson -
      Where I come from- Southern Cal-

this doesnt matter anymore hahaha

souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
      Where I come from- Southern Cal-

this doesnt matter anymore hahaha

That is the cutest band geek I've EVER seen.