• NCAA Football 11: Stadium Additions & Upgrades

EA SPORTS has posted a new video showcasing the stadium additions and changes coming to NCAA Football 11. The video shows changes to stadiums for schools such as Michigan, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, and more. Click Read More to see the video.

Comments 16 Comments
      souljahbill -
      Sweet, sweet M.M. Roberts Stadium (Southern Miss). Me gusta mucho!
      maij17 -
      University Stadium (New Mexico) is looking good, like the touch on Southern Miss. Where is TCF Bank Stadium (Minnesota).
      Jayrah -
      That video was garbage. Pan around the stadium for at least like 5 seconds, come on! :rolleyes: Booooooo! Also, Martin stadium was upgraded, I can tell by the TB screen, but I can't see to the extent. Where's that in this video. Nowhere. Gaaaaarabage I say.

Oh well, 13 days and I'll see it all.
      cdj -
      Jayrah - I'm hoping this is the lead-up to a blog or more detailed list of changes.
      Jayrah -
      me too. but the video was still bad. No big deal however.
      Solidice -
      yeah, they didn't show Alabama's new update, nor Texas Tech's. there will likely be a blog(hopefully) later on.
      arob12aggie -
      Ready to kick some butt.
      Solidice -
      there will likely be a blog next week for stadium updates according to Adam:

We made a lot of minor changes to many stadiums this year. This video wasn't really created with what the changes where in mind, just the stadiums effected. For instance, we changed the colors of the banners on the pressbox at Baylor as it was requested that we do so by the school. This video was originally intended for my yearly stadium update blog that will provide more details, but I asked for it to be left out for this very reason.

I expect the stadium blog to come out next week. Don't judge our updates soley on this video please. It leaves a LOT of stuff out.
      AustinWolv -
      Can't wait to see Michigan Stadium in person. Saw it two seasons ago and just the superstructure alone was impressive.
      Flav -
      Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
      Can't wait to see Michigan Stadium in person. Saw it two seasons ago and just the superstructure alone was impressive.
      Last year at the Indiana game. O lala. So hot it melted my popsicle
      ebin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      That video was garbage. Pan around the stadium for at least like 5 seconds, come on! :rolleyes: Booooooo! Also, Martin stadium was upgraded, I can tell by the TB screen, but I can't see to the extent. Where's that in this video. Nowhere. Gaaaaarabage I say.

Oh well, 13 days and I'll see it all.
      My thoughts exactly. A good idea in theory, but they needed to spend more than 1-2 seconds on a stadium.
      Jayrah -
      PS, I didn't at all think this WAS the final version of all of the updates. And I in no way intended on judging the stadium updates on the video at hand. And I'm also not upset that all the updates were shown.

I simply didn't like the construction of the video, based on the length for the stadiums shown.

From what little I saw (even with the pause button), the updates really look fantastic, and I'm sure a lot of precious hours went into it. I'm really excited about the blog next week. To be honest, I thought this would be out 2 mths ago, but who cares, the other info took the cake.
      Rudy -
      That video went by fast. Will be playing from the new Big House this year!
      Jayrah -
      So, took another look at the video. It's utterly apparent that the 3d foreground makes a very large difference. in the perception of the background. It's really nicely done. I wonder when wind is going to affect those out of stadium items, like blowing trees and flags, so that the 3d effect is fully embellished? Also wonder if ea did a better job of dynamic attendance this year. I wish we could get a somewhat moving crowd at the beginning of both halves, when not everyone has entered yet or is coming back from halftime, etc., and then also if the game is not close late in the 4th. Like people leaving mid 4th qtr and not just to start if it becomes a blowout late.
      CLW -
      Out of curiosity, are there any teams that are still playing in "generic" stadiums on next-gen? I noticed Kent State's stadium appears to be in the game now.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Out of curiosity, are there any teams that are still playing in "generic" stadiums on next-gen? I noticed Kent State's stadium appears to be in the game now.
      Akron is playing in a generic this year but only because EA hadn't completed their new stadium and the University of Akron requested that they not use The Rubber Bowl in the game this year.