• Online Dynasty Video with Designer Russ Kiniry

NCAA Football 11 designer Russ Kiniry talks about Online Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, and what fans of the game can expect with these features come July 13 in this latest video from EA SPORTS.

Starting later today, members of the media will be participating in an Online Dynasty with Russ as the commissioner. Follow the action via the twitter and Facebook accounts of those involved. Confirmed participants: Operation Sports, more to come.

Click Read More to see the video with Russ.

Comments 29 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      Can't wait to see it in action. I just hope it runs a little smoother on my CPU than the Madden Online Franchise site.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Can't wait to see it in action.
      Me either. I'm interested to see what kind of stuff they put up on the Dynasty Wire. I know it's going to make my normal after game report and Monday morning press conference stuff WAY easier on me for what I do for dynasties. Can't wait for this game to come out!
      Kwizzy -
      I'm pretty excited to see how all of this works too... Can anyone view a dynasty's info or do you have to be a part of the dynasty? I guess what I'm asking is, is the reason for this dynasty Russ is doing just so the media sites can review the feature or will we be able to look at the info too? I would imagine you'd have to be in the dynasty.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      I'm pretty excited to see how all of this works too... Can anyone view a dynasty's info or do you have to be a part of the dynasty? I guess what I'm asking is, is the reason for this dynasty Russ is doing just so the media sites can review the feature or will we be able to look at the info too? I would imagine you'd have to be in the dynasty.
      Everyone should be able to view a dynasty. There may be some privacy settings that the commissioner can set (not sure) but in general, everyone should be able to view it.
      psusnoop -
      Chris, Tommy or JB if you want to delete the thread i put in the news section please feel free to do so that way everything is in one spot.

Having said that, I can't wait to see how this plays out. I already spend an insane amount of time following NCAA stuff on the web and with these new features I bet I will be finding myself even more into the dynasty pages.

JB I'm not really familiar with the Madden game, can you explain what the rough edges were on the CPU with that online franchise?
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Chris, Tommy or JB if you want to delete the thread i put in the news section please feel free to do so that way everything is in one spot.

Having said that, I can't wait to see how this plays out. I already spend an insane amount of time following NCAA stuff on the web and with these new features I bet I will be finding myself even more into the dynasty pages.

JB I'm not really familiar with the Madden game, can you explain what the rough edges were on the CPU with that online franchise?
      I think the tech was too good, it didn't run fast or well on my good computer at home.
      psusnoop -
      I see, lets hope that isn't the case with NCAA because god only knows I'm using ancient computers both at work and at home LOL.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      Me either. I'm interested to see what kind of stuff they put up on the Dynasty Wire. I know it's going to make my normal after game report and Monday morning press conference stuff WAY easier on me for what I do for dynasties. Can't wait for this game to come out!
      Oh I like this Monday morning press conference idea. That is really something cool.

Unfortunately I will have to wait till 5 to view the video. At work right now. BOOOO!
      cdj -
      Operation Sports has received their copy of NCAA Football 11 for the media Online Dynasty. They state they are limited in what impressions they can share until July 9. That is very typical for early copies of the game sent out by EA SPORTS.

EDIT - Here is the thread at OS with more info. The NCAA Online Dynasty site will not be available, but participants will be able to post stories to twitter and Facebook.
      HawkFan -
      I love the idea of this in theory. Hopefully over the next week or so with this media dynasty we will see how this all works and just how easy it will be.

My big question about this is should I buy one of the keyboard attachments for my Xbox360 controller to help with the typing? I ask this because it appears that it might take quite a while to type a report by moving the joystick around to each letter.

Thoughts?
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by HawkFan View Post
      I love the idea of this in theory. Hopefully over the next week or so with this media dynasty we will see how this all works and just how easy it will be.

My big question about this is should I buy one of the keyboard attachments for my Xbox360 controller to help with the typing? I ask this because it appears that it might take quite a while to type a report by moving the joystick around to each letter.

Thoughts?
      Everything with the Dynasty Wire can be done online through your PC. No need to type up all that crap on the controller.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by HawkFan View Post

Thoughts?
      Everything with the Dynasty Wire can be done online through your PC. No need to type up all that crap on the controller.
      Correct... it's there as an option, but you'll have a much easier time doing it from the PC instead of via console.
      HawkFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Correct... it's there as an option, but you'll have a much easier time doing it from the PC instead of via console.
      Nice, I guess I am a little behind on my knowledge of the game for this upcoming year. That will make a ton easier to be able to type it out on the computer.

This is awesome the more I hear about this years game, the more excited I get.
      cdj -
      You can also leave short comments via the console. Let's say someone in your Online Dynasty types up a great report on his Heisman hopeful. You can leave a comment saying "He doesn't stand a chance against my RB!" That can be done on the console or on web. There is a quick look at that in this video.

I can see people spending a few minutes each day (or every other) just signing into their OD, reading all of the reports, and then talking trash via the comments. It should increase interaction among OD members, whether they know each other or not.

EDIT - BTW, thanks for joining the site, HawkFan. Check out our NCAA Football 11 Information Central for all of the game info you may have missed.
      psusnoop -
      I was wondering if you guys were getting the game early?
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      I was wondering if you guys were getting the game early?
      We haven't heard anything definitive on that front. Even if we did, we'd likely be under the same embargo as the media guys if we get copies from EA SPORTS. We would likely be able to use Dynasty Wire like they are, though. That seems to be the main reason they have copies so early. I hope they stick with their OD longer than they did two years ago.
      HawkFan -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      We haven't heard anything definitive on that front. Even if we did, we'd likely be under the same embargo as the media guys if we get copies from EA SPORTS. We would likely be able to use Dynasty Wire like they are, though. That seems to be the main reason they have copies so early. I hope they stick with their OD longer than they did two years ago.
      I know, how many weeks did that last 4 or 5 tops.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Yeah. That was really disappointing. They barely played anything at all.
      psusnoop -
      Well I hope for the sake of the couple of dynasties I'm in with Gschwedt, he atleast doesn't get it to early :p
      cdj -
      Yeah. That was really disappointing. They barely played anything at all.
      It seemed like they were going to go at it as they finished week one pretty quickly, but that was about it. I thought they got to Week 3, but pastapadre thought it was only week 1 or 2.....I think he's right with his week 2 guess.