• NCAA Football 11 - First Look at Recruiting Phone Call

EA Sports has posted a first look at the new phone call system coming to recruiting in NCAA Football 11's Dynasty Mode. In this video, EA SPORTS Live Team member Andrew Johnson learns how to use the phone call from designer Ben Haumiller.

Click Read More to see the video and then share your thoughts with the community.

Comments 22 Comments
      JeffHCross -
      Solidice, hadn't noticed you had posted this in another thread. Oh well, now it'll get even more views!
      Kwizzy -
      LOVE the sound of this new system!
      JeffHCross -
      I only wish he had advanced the week. I realize it may have been low difficulty just for the show, but I would have been interested to see the kind of gains the CPU will make in a week.
      jaymo76 -
      Looks good! It doesn't seem as tedious as in years past.
      Kingpin32 -
      I think the recruiting is gonna be a lot more fun in ODs now. I used to always just do a quick call, but now it seems a bit more fun and competitive.
      oweb26 -
      The recruiting on this game now looks pretty good especially now that I can know how far back I am away from the other teams.

I think I am more excited to start playing again with new dynasty features than I really care about anything else at this point.

This site is alot more tame compared to the other one.

BTW this vbulletin you guys have is sooo pretty!!! LOL
      JHeb -
      The video was good but to make it even better is knowing we can do all that from our CPU's, iPhones, etc.
      AustinWolv -
      Good stuff, I like the look of it.
      Jcoop9 -
      OD should be fun with recruiting and the dynasty wire.
      JBHuskers -
      Yeah man, the new system of recruiting is a blast.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Yeah man, the new system of recruiting is a blast.
      Is it quicker or does it take a lot longer to do it well???
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Is it quicker or does it take a lot longer to do it well???
      I'd say it's a little quicker because it's more streamlined. You don't sit there and wait for the football dude to get happy or pissed.
      AustinWolv -
      It looked very easy and quick in the video. Really liking that, along with the better feel for how the recruit is reacting. The 'recruit against' other schools is much better than last year's attempt.
      JeffHCross -
      The sad reality, JB, is that I know even with a quicker interface I'll still be spending upwards of 45 minutes every week on recruiting, just like on 10.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      The sad reality, JB, is that I know even with a quicker interface I'll still be spending upwards of 45 minutes every week on recruiting, just like on 10.
      As sad as it sounds I actually loved the simplicity of 07 on PS2... it was quick and easy and that game me more time to get lost in all the other dynasty stuff.
      iBrandon -
      [Man, this feature looks great. Should add a lot of fun to dynasty mode.
      morsdraconis -
      I don't understand the negativity with dynasty recruiting being extensive. That's the main factor in determining the longevity of your school. If you don't recruit well, then you're going to be shitty by year 3. I have no problem with recruiting taking 20 minutes. I don't see how the hell you people take 45 minutes to recruit. I'd have to look at every recruit available to take 45 minutes.
      JeffHCross -
      Mors, it's very easy for me to get lost in recruiting.

But I don't see any negativity being posted.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Yeah because with locomotion you're going to have to dig into the numbers right?
      AustinWolv -
      Agility and acceleration, really. Instead of just acceleration and speed to review, it would probably be beneficial to take a slightly higher agility at the sacrifice of a bit of speed. Maybe throw some juke in there.