• TeamBuilder Website Updated for NCAA Football 11 - UPDATE

Tuesday afternoon, it appeared that the TeamBuilder website had been updated for NCAA Football 11. However, designer Adam Thompson has passed on the word that the site was not complete and not meant to be live. While he expects teams made on this partially updated site to work on NCAA Football 11, he and the team cannot guarantee it.

All teams made for NCAA Football 10 will carry over to NCAA Football 11. Once TeamBuilder officially goes live with all of the changes for NCAA Football 11, we will post it here.
    Comments 55 Comments
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
      it seems to be random. try logging off and closing the site out altogether. then go back to the site, log in, and try again.

Yep, that worked. I guess it did actually save b/c it was there as soon as I got back on. It just wasn't showing up as I was typing.
      ebin -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      Technically, there shouldn't be any limitation. Sadly, they're very familiar, as I think many of those items were limitations in the past on the game. You couldn't edit a player's class until NCAA 07 on the 360 and NCAA 08 on the PS2 (strangely, they took it away in NCAA 08 for 360/PS3). States seem like they were disallowed at some point in the past, but maybe not because they haven't been around that long. Position changes, obviously, didn't function for a long, long time.

I'm in luck though. The base Ohio State roster has the exact positions I want for my 1995 team except I'm missing 1 TE, have a couple extra DBs on the base roster, and I'm missing one K. Not sure what I'll do about the TE, but I'll just create one of the DBs as my kicker and use Position Changes in the offseason.
      I had forgotten you couldn't edit classes and positions in previous versions of the game, but you're right, EA has a perplexing habit of putting seemingly arbitrary limitations on what we can do with the rosters. God forbid they let us play the game the way we want to.

You did get lucky. Who knows how much time I'll spend combing through the rosters trying to find one that is a reasonable approximation of my 2018 Georgia Tech squad.
      coogrfan -
      Sadly, it appears my Coogs updated field art didn't make it this year:

- end zone font incorrect;

- left (North) end zone should read "HOUSTON" (EA has gotten this wrong in every NG NCAA to date, to the best of my knowledge UH has never had "COUGARS" in both ez's);

- midfield logo too small (only 10 yds long, s/b almost twice that size--approx 18 yds);

- there s/b no "wet cat" logos;

- C-USA logos missing (present in stadium view, not in field view?)
      cdj -
      I noticed that as well when I went through my list, coog. I wonder if it's them not getting to it or the school not signing off. I did see that Butch looks improved (I think), but the pose he is makes it tough to tell.

The conference logos do not show up on the field (art) view as the game will put in whatever conference they are in. The stadium pic is what you should rely on.
      Kwizzy -
      Aparently this isn't the final site for NCAA 11 it's a site they used to test changes to the 10 teambuilder site. So don't plan on using any of the teams you create on this site in the game. According to a developer on OS fwiw.
      coogrfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I noticed that as well when I went through my list, coog. I wonder if it's them not getting to it or the school not signing off.
      That's possible I suppose, although I was playing NCAA 09 (ps2) the other day and was surprised to see that the last gen guys got the "HOUSTON" in the north ez correct.

i did see that Butch looks improved (I think), but the pose he is makes it tough to tell.
      That is good news...unfortunately UH's mascot is Shasta, which was (sadly) nowhere to be found.

The conference logos do not show up on the field (art) view as the game will put in whatever conference they are in. The stadium pic is what you should rely on.
      Gotcha.
      Sinister -
      they took the site down it wasn't the real ncaa 11 version. next one should be up no eta but according to developers on OS it shouldn't have gone public
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
      they took the site down it wasn't the real ncaa 11 version. next one should be up no eta but according to developers on OS it shouldn't have gone public
      That's good b/c it was buggy as hell.
      Solidice -
      it seems Akron will be the only team playing at a generic stadium. they didn't get their new stadium made in time, and the school requested that they don't use the Rubber Bowl.
      ebin -
      Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
      Interesting. Hopefully that means they're adding new features, rather than just givving us a false sense of hope.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by ebin View Post
      Interesting. Hopefully that means they're adding new features, rather than just givving us a false sense of hope.
      Even more than that, hopefully it means the missing stuff and incorrect rosters (which were pretty bad for some teams) are going to be fixed as well.
      ebin -
      Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
      Even more than that, hopefully it means the missing stuff and incorrect rosters (which were pretty bad for some teams) are going to be fixed as well.
      Most definitely. There's no excuse for the number of issues with some of those rosters had.
      cdj -
      Just to make it clear (news posting has been updated), OMT confirmed that the site was not meant to go public and wasn't final. Teams made on it might work in NCAA 11, but he can't guarantee it.
      Kingpin32 -
      I hope they change the look of it for 2011 and make it a bit more streamlined.
      jaymo76 -
      Fingers crossed for one or two more PANTS options!!!