• E3: NCAA Football 11 Coverage

Over the next few days, media outlets and gaming sites will begin posting their thoughts, coverage, and impressions of NCAA Football 11 while at E3 in Los Angeles. To help manage all of these reports, previews, and video, this is your one-stop location for all game related info. The newest information will be posted at top, so keep checking The Gaming Tailgate throughout E3. For more E3 and video game information, visit our Other Video Games forum.

Click Read More to read the NCAA Football 11 information from E3.

June 15 - IGN at E3 Live Feed: NCAA Football 11 6:40 PM CT

June 13 - G4TV: 'E3 2010 NCAA Football 11 Preview' by Kevin Kelly. Includes video interview with Designer Ben Haumiller.
    Comments 70 Comments
      Flav -
      Deuce -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      From this last post on tradition football:
      "Also, Ben Haumiller has confirmed functionality to host multiple dynasties up to a total of five per person. This feature will be offered as downloadable content. As far as I understand it, this will be a flat rate to host multiple dynasties up to five (5)."

So does this mean that if I want to run my own dynasty as an online dyansty & be the commissioner of another OD then I will have to pay extra?! If so, I'm sorry but that's a JOKE!
      Can't you just use 2 different accounts? ...I'm not really sure how it works though
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
      Can't you just use 2 different accounts? ...I'm not really sure how it works though
      I'm sure you could but then you have to set your sliders & custom sounds & settings for 2 different profiles. What a hassle! It should at least let you host 2. I noramally don't get too bent out of shape about EA's DLC because they're normally things not necessary to play the game. But this is a little different IMO.
      JBHuskers -
      I'm sure you could but then you have to set your sliders & custom sounds & settings for 2 different profiles. What a hassle! It should at least let you host 2. I noramally don't get too bent out of shape about EA's DLC because they're normally things not necessary to play the game. But this is a little different IMO.
      It's a good suggestion to host two for free....
      Flav -
      Wait question, you can only host 1, or you can only be in 1?
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      It's a good suggestion to host two for free....
      Should there have a been a after this post JB?
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
      Wait question, you can only host 1, or you can only be in 1?
      Host.
      JBHuskers -
      Should there have a been a after this post JB?
      Hah no....I did shoot an e-mail to someone in regards to this suggestion though.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Hah no....I did shoot an e-mail to someone in regards to this suggestion though.
      Wait I thought EA was putting in a "code" (for lack of a better word) in order to access their 11 titles online. If I buy the game and use the code for my "real" profile, will that "code"
      still work for any profile?

If so, what is to stop anyone from just publishing their code to the world online allowing people to GameFly/Rent/Buy Used?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Wait I thought EA was putting in a "code" (for lack of a better word) in order to access their 11 titles online. If I buy the game and use the code for my "real" profile, will that "code"

If so, what is to stop anyone from just publishing their code to the world online allowing people to GameFly/Rent/Buy Used?
      Your code will unlock the access to online for everyone that uses your console. As well, if you go go over to a friends and sign in with your profile on their console, you'll be able to access online but just from your profile.
      iBrandon -
      So you can only host one, but… if you are the commish of a 12 team league and then want to use the dynasty wire features, wouldn’t you have to pay to run you solo dynasty since you’re already the commish of a 12 team league?
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post

If you want to post your login info to the world....go ahead LOL you would never get online ever again as you'd get kicked off when someone else logs in. It's going to be tied to your PSN name and gamertag. Whatever gamertag you're logged in under when you enter the code is what the Online Pass will be tied to.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
      So you can only host one, but… if you are the commish of a 12 team league and then want to use the dynasty wire features, wouldn’t you have to pay to run you solo dynasty since you’re already the commish of a 12 team league?
      Yes you'd have to pay because you're technically hosting more than one dynasty on their server. So basically if you're planning on doing a solo dynasty with the online features, you should find someone else to host the other dynasty if you're not looking to purchase multiple hosts.
      Kwizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
      correct you will have to pay... as of right now.
      psusnoop -
      As long as they fix the server issues that have plagued 2009 and 2010 for user vs user games I have no issues with having to fork over some money to host multiple online dynasties. However if things are not fixed, I'm going to question this whole idea.
      cdj -
      Three videos from pastapadre:

Kingpin32 -
      I wonder when we'll start getting full game videos. Perhaps when its closer to release time?
      JeffHCross -
      Considering that last year you had no option to host more than one dynasty, I don't see the problem with this. The majority of us aren't going to be hosting our own dynasties anyway, we're going to be part of someone else's.
      cdj -
      NCAA Football has been nominated for an award at E3 by Machinima.com. A partial list of EA game nominees can be found here. EA SPORTS MMA really cleaned up.

I'm disappointed NCAA did not receive more nominations after the wide range of additions to the game and most notably the Dynasty Wire feature. FIFA and NHL 11 only combined for three nominations and they are considered two of the best sports games out there. I'm not sure how nominations work at E3. Does EA push for individual titles to get more nominations than others, similar to how the entertainment award shows work? It would make sense that they'd push MMA for more nominations to help the new title get some leverage before October's release. I'm sure MMA is deserving, so don't take my comment to mean it isn't.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      NCAA Football has been nominated for an award at E3 by Machinima.com. A partial list of EA game nominees can be found here. EA SPORTS MMA really cleaned up.

I'm disappointed NCAA did not receive more nominations after the wide range of additions to the game and most notably the Dynasty Wire feature. FIFA and NHL 11 only combined for three nominations and they are considered two of the best sports games out there. I'm not sure how nominations work at E3. Does EA push for individual titles to get more nominations than others, similar to how the entertainment award shows work? It would make sense that they'd push MMA for more nominations to help the new title get some leverage before October's release. I'm sure MMA is deserving, so don't take my comment to mean it isn't.
      Yeah I don't get the "awards" either. I think it was IGN that nominated Madden 11 but not NCAA 11. Sorry but the features/improvements of Madden are no where near the features/improvements of NCAA and just about anyone from the "hard core" community sites admits that.