• NCAA Football 11 Demo Available Now! Share Your Impressions

The NCAA Football 11 demo is currently available on X-Box Live and the PlayStation Network.

The demo features four match-ups playable in four two-minute quarters. The match-ups include Missouri vs. Clemson, Miami vs. Ohio State, Florida vs. Florida State, and Oklahoma vs. Texas. Playing each match-up as well as sharing word of the demo with friends will unlock selectable Nike Pro Combat uniforms for use in the full retail version of the game.

After downloading and playing the demo, leave your thoughts, comments, impressions, and detailed information on any bugs you may encounter here.
    Comments 417 Comments
      Flav -
      This.. IS.. AMAZING. I'll have impressions when I get home from school (If i can drag myself to my car :p)
      cdj -
      Started my download on 360. Sitting at 18% on the 1.66 GB download.
      Coachdenz -
      I got up at 4AM this morning and seen your message saying the PS3 for later today, I should have just stayed up, once I go back to sleep it is to hard to get out of bed later

Once the PS3 is up please someone post.

Also another site saying 5 fumbles in one game, I hope this is not right and also this is not how they plan on balancing the game between offense and defense.

how about the pass rush?

waiting for more trusted sources.
      cdj -
      Coachdenz - Once the PS3 version is out, we'll post it here and update the main post on the first page.

The fumbles issue is an interesting one. I've seen posts at OS talking about it and some of it is happening when the QB slides.

JB, JStein, and I played the game in late April (demo was being finalized at that point) and the consensus was that fumbles may have been a bit high - personally, I didn't think so but I'm sure/hope they went with the consensus. I'd guess that based on feedback they toned it down and the retail version won't be like it is now.

My download is at 51%. I will try and get some vids up once it finishes.
      Solidice -
      got mine downloading now. ~26%
      JBHuskers -
      Will start my downloads around 5PM when I get home.
      skipwondah33 -
      Yeah can't start mine until around then either.
      Solidice -
      just started Missouri at Clemson(me). in the rain..

rain falls on the camera during rain games. and the players actually look wet.

sounds like the new Stadium PA guy made it into this year's game.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
      just started Missouri at Clemson(me). in the rain..

rain falls on the camera during rain games. and the players actually look wet.

sounds like the new Stadium PA guy made it into this year's game.
      Yep!
      Solidice -
      kicking seems less. tried a 56 yarder with Clemson's kicker and barely got to the endzone with full power kick.
      Solidice -
      lol. I don't know if the rain affects kicking, but I missed 2 FGs that cost me the win. Missouri beats me 10-7. presentation seems greatly improved. the post game "celebration" seems better, as in, you actually see players after the game. lol. I guess the captions go out to hand shake?

it's going to take some getting use to the new playcall screen as well as the locomotion. overall, I like the feel of the game. I saw quite a few new plays, just in clemson's playbook. although I never looked at their playbook in NCAA 10, so it's possible they're not new.
      Solidice -
      Starting OU vs. UT(me). Texas' band is still on the field at the begining, although only for a few seconds, before the team entrances.

love the pre-game warm-up. also, hungry for Reese's now.

also, forgot to mention, should have been my first mention, that the pass speeds is lower. no more 100 MPH fast balls like in NCAA 10.
      HWill -
      Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
      lol. I don't know if the rain affects kicking, but I missed 2 FGs that cost me the win. Missouri beats me 10-7. presentation seems greatly improved. the post game "celebration" seems better, as in, you actually see players after the game. lol. I guess the captions go out to hand shake?

it's going to take some getting use to the new playcall screen as well as the locomotion. overall, I like the feel of the game. I saw quite a few new plays, just in clemson's playbook. although I never looked at their playbook in NCAA 10, so it's possible they're not new.
      Sounds good. Downloading right now. 22%
      gschwendt -
      Anton is streaming while he plays the demo.
      http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ncaa-f..._medium=social
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Anton is streaming while he plays the demo.
      http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ncaa-f..._medium=social

Thanks, got a kick out of him dropping 11 into coverage and the play taking about 2 minutes to finish
      iBrandon -
      I played three games before I went to work. So I’ll give a quick break down on what I saw.

Locomotion seems to really add to the game.
      The game is very fluid.
      The speed seems to be fine during gameplay, exceptt on kickoffs, the speed seems to be faster to me. Kind of weird.
      I like the camera angle, some have complained about it.
      We can change difficulty, but that’s about it. No sliders, no game speed slider.
      Controller figuration – You can turn on auto pass and auto speed burst. I didn’t mess with those options though. So I’m not really sure what auto pass does.
      QB sneak is done like Madden last year. QB falls forward and you pick which side.
      Man alignment still doesn’t seem to work on defense.
      ESPN integration is pretty cool.
      I like the intro’s… I was getting some of the same cutscenes during pregame though. Maybe there will be more in retail version.
      Commentary is really no different.
      I was able to get some pretty good pressure with my front 4.
      I tried to pitch the ball on an option twice while getting hit and it resulted in a turnover.

If I can think of more, I’ll post them. I made some notes on my phone to post while at work.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
      Thanks, got a kick out of him dropping 11 into coverage and the play taking about 2 minutes to finish
      Yeah... he's a tourney style player so don't expect true-sim. But he was one of the guys that EA brought down to NCAA CD and he was very helpful in input not only for how to fix some tourney style tactics but also just good input all around. I think he has a thread on here talking about wanting help in learning more sim tactics though.
      HWill -
      To the guys who have played it already, Do you think locomotion was worth the hype?
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
      To the guys who have played it already, Do you think locomotion was worth the hype?
      From the impression I've read and my experience at CD, I'd say it is definitely worth the hype. A definite game-changer.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
      Definitely. The run game is a blast now....there are so many things you can do.