• NCAA Football 11 Demo Available Now! Share Your Impressions

The NCAA Football 11 demo is currently available on X-Box Live and the PlayStation Network.

The demo features four match-ups playable in four two-minute quarters. The match-ups include Missouri vs. Clemson, Miami vs. Ohio State, Florida vs. Florida State, and Oklahoma vs. Texas. Playing each match-up as well as sharing word of the demo with friends will unlock selectable Nike Pro Combat uniforms for use in the full retail version of the game.

After downloading and playing the demo, leave your thoughts, comments, impressions, and detailed information on any bugs you may encounter here.
    Comments 417 Comments
      lilheavy -
      Real quick...

Game feels new and fresh
      The auto sprint does pretty well
      Ace Bunch has a new end around play
      New PA Boot HB Screen out of I Twins (was in the wishbone normal in 10)
      Assignment AI gives you a better idea of where the hole should open up
      WR Middle Screen will be deadly when called at the right time
      Bubble screens are nice
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
      I played three games before I went to work. So I’ll give a quick break down on what I saw.

Locomotion seems to really add to the game.
      The game is very fluid.
      The speed seems to be fine during gameplay, exceptt on kickoffs, the speed seems to be faster to me. Kind of weird.
      I like the camera angle, some have complained about it.
      We can change difficulty, but that’s about it. No sliders, no game speed slider.
      Controller figuration – You can turn on auto pass and auto speed burst. I didn’t mess with those options though. So I’m not really sure what auto pass does.
      QB sneak is done like Madden last year. QB falls forward and you pick which side.
      Man alignment still doesn’t seem to work on defense.
      ESPN integration is pretty cool.
      I like the intro’s… I was getting some of the same cutscenes during pregame though. Maybe there will be more in retail version.
      Commentary is really no different.
      I was able to get some pretty good pressure with my front 4.
      I tried to pitch the ball on an option twice while getting hit and it resulted in a turnover.

If I can think of more, I’ll post them. I made some notes on my phone to post while at work.
      Yeah there are no drastic changes. A few added things here and there, and the subtraction of Corso.
      HWill -
      Thanks guys. Good to hear. This thing can't download fast enough.
      cdj -
      Just finished a game....Ohio State 17, Miami (CPU) 10. No fumbles, BTW Rudy.

Going to upload them, hope to have it up by noon and more vids throughout the day.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by HWill View Post
      Thanks guys. Good to hear. This thing can't download fast enough.
      Hah ... 5PM can't come fast enough.
      Solidice -
      I've seen the "pro-tak" gang tackling 2 times in 2 games so far(I've been passing more though). both times it seemed good and like it "should".
      Buckeye -
      JB- I was hoping it would be earlier than 5pm for us PS3 guys considering it's E3 week. Guess not!
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
      JB- I was hoping it would be earlier than 5pm for us PS3 guys considering it's E3 week. Guess not!
      As Jeff mentioned, today is not a normal PSN Update day so it could release at any time. Their usual time is between 2-5pm ET on Tuesdays so that's all we have to go off of.
      JBHuskers -
      Well I have both a 360 and PS3, but I'm at work and won't be home until then
      Buckeye -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Well I have both a 360 and PS3, but I'm at work and won't be home until then
      Great! I look forward to your impressions on the demo
      Kwizzy -
      I'm with ya JB.... get off work hopefully around 4 ish... I'm gonna start the DL & then I've got a trap shooting league on Monday nights so I probably wont be able to play it until after that. :rolleyes:
      JBHuskers -
      Great! I look forward to your impressions on the demo
      Got to play the demo back at the end of April...curious to see if much changed. At that point, I think they were about one or two weeks from having to finalize the demo and sending it to Microsoft and Sony.
      Solidice -
      playing as FSU against Florida now. read option in Pistol formation now, didn't work too well for me. lol

also, the slant play in shotgun spread is changed, the outside WRs still does the slant, but the inside now does a bubble route(like the bubble screen, but with no blockers), instead of running a weird angle to the sidelines and turning 180 degrees like in the past.

Edit: NM. it's a new play. the one I was thinking about that was there last year is called quick slant. the new one is slant bubble. and they are both there.
      AustinWolv -
      Pulled it this morning and played about 7 quarters.

Wow, it is a gorgeous game. It feels like the previous game in some aspects, but very different in running the ball. Had a effing beautiful off-tackle run out of shotgun for a TD......the blocking was textbook-awesome. The blocking definitely looks better, but the defense still can blow it up, as I saw a stud LB shoot past an attempted block and stuff a run. It just looked like just good 'ol plain football, not suction crap. I was really trying to force the run at points, so the defense was keying on that and blew up some plays which was cool.

Didn't get a great feel for the read option yet, so need to practice with that. As I said, I was forcing the run a lot, so they were waiting on it. They jumped the speed option plays also.

Only ran a couple plays from under center, and the run blocking looked really good in-play. Would have loved to see the replay of the earlier-mentioned TD and a couple other runs.

Didn't play around with menu items at all, just sent the online invite out and went straight into game.

Squib kick is cool.

The bubbles, middle screens, and WR screen looks badass. Saw how coverage can blow them up and how one missed tackle turns into an 8 yard gain when the play looks bottled up..........very impressive in that is the type of stuff you see on Saturdays and how the agility and acceleration of playmakers could come into play.

Playing defense felt different as you can't just jet over to something and have to get used to the player's momentum.....I screwed up in coverage and gave up a TD due to that. Nice.
      Didn't see a lot of changes in the defensive playbook, but the coverage animations and the way defenders go after the ball looks cleaner, not as video game hokey.
      My CB picked off a nice pass in the endzone which looked natural, not morphed....he reacted to the ball as he was getting back into the play.

Initial impressions: I'm excited to play more. Can't wait to try more tonight and more of the plays and sets.
      cdj -
      The Draw play is deadly, especially Lead Draw out of I-Form. Just beat Texas 22-10. No fumbles in this game either.
      AustinWolv -
      Posted in the other thread by mistake:
      http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ull=1#post4196

Camera seemed pretty good.
      Buckeye -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Got to play the demo back at the end of April...curious to see if much changed. At that point, I think they were about one or two weeks from having to finalize the demo and sending it to Microsoft and Sony.
      Yeah you guys have a much better perspective, having played different builds. I would really like to read your impressions on how they tuned blocking AI - "fixing" it from an X's and O's standpoint but at the same time making sure that there are instances of missed assignments like real life.
      Solidice -
      started playing as Miami versus OSU, scored a touchdown on a long run, celebrated with the mascot.
      steelerfan -
      The scores you guys are posting are very high for 2 minute quarters. Is the game clock stopping between plays on the demo?
      Solidice -
      my 3 games so far have been 10-7 loss, 10-7 win in OT, 13-10 win in OT. clock always stops on 1st downs, and people are probably running no-huddle I suppose.