• NCAA Football 11 Demo: June 14, Unlock Pro-Combats

More details have been announced for the NCAA Football 11 demo. Each version (PS3 & 360) will be available on Monday, June 14. For playing each of the four match-ups, you will unlock those teams' Nike Pro Combat uniforms for full use in the retail game. By sharing news of the demo with a friend, you will unlock three more uniforms: Virginia Tech, LSU, and TCU.
    Comments 40 Comments
      Solidice -
      according to the NCAA 11 web site, the demo will be 2 minute quarters.

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...DemoComingSoon
      UCFTirade -
      Man sifting through the facebook posts to find the real information was like running through a riot. I don't understand why people are so upset by this. it is literally just clicking on the send invite button and that's it.

The only thing is it's too bad for people not on live but if you really want them go pick up a month subscription of live and that solves that problem
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      One thing to keep in mind though is if it's like Tiger, you have to recommend it to someone who hasn't already downloaded the demo. So, unless you're one of the first to download it, you may not be able to suggest it to all of the people that you know will already download it.
      Just create a fake PS3 account and befriend them then
      Solidice -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Just create a fake PS3 account and befriend them then
      same for 360. I have a silver account(free) different from my main gold account that I pretty much never use. not sure why I made it originally, but I guess it could be handy. lol
      morsdraconis -
      It blows me away that people even care this much about uniforms. I think the Nike uniforms all look pretty damn stupid personally and I don't care about them being available to me in the real game or not. I'm playing the demo to test out the new offenses, see what's happening with the defense and whether or not you can even play defense in this game, and basically get a feel for the new controls and that's it. If the game sucks because you can't play defense, then who gives a flip what uniform your team is wearing?
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
      according to the NCAA 11 web site, the demo will be 2 minute quarters.

http://ncaafootball.easports.com/blo...DemoComingSoon
      Man that is a bummer! It's so hard to get the flow of a game going with that. Atleast we have all quarters, but I was hoping for 4 min.
      iBrandon -
      At least it's all 4 quarters. I just wish it was longer than 2 minutes a quarter.
      beartide06 -
      Any idea what time the demo will drop Monday? I'm central time and last year the demo was released at about 5 am.
      Solidice -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      Any idea what time the demo will drop Monday? I'm central time and last year the demo was released at about 5 am.
      the earliest Microsoft puts out demos is around 2 AM PST.
      beartide06 -
      well here is hoping that the demo comes out at that exact time lol. I'm too anxious to get my hands on all the new things in this game.
      psusnoop -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      One thing to keep in mind though is if it's like Tiger, you have to recommend it to someone who hasn't already downloaded the demo. So, unless you're one of the first to download it, you may not be able to suggest it to all of the people that you know will already download it.
      That should be fine, as my friends are lazy and slow LOL
      Rudy -
      My brother is a hockey guy and I'm shooting him the invite. Guaranteed uniforms for me.
      jaymo76 -
      Anyone have some non-football PS3 friends you wish to donate???
      iBrandon -
      You just have to send the demo to someone, they don't actually have to download it, do they?
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
      You just have to send the demo to someone, they don't actually have to download it, do they?
      Correct, but they can't have already downloaded it.
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by DookieMowf View Post
      At least it's all 4 quarters. I just wish it was longer than 2 minutes a quarter.
      I'd like to see them follow the lead of the NHL 10 demo. They simulated the first two periods of a Game 7 Stanley Cup, so every time you played the game it was a different situation.

I'd like a 8 or longer minute 4th quarter with different situations. That would be more enjoyable than 2 minute quarters, even if it is a full game.
      CLW -
      Seems easy to get the uniforms so it's no big deal to me. I'd rather have to "work" (make a couple of clicks for EA) than have to pay for these uniforms.
      iBrandon -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      I'd like to see them follow the lead of the NHL 10 demo. They simulated the first two periods of a Game 7 Stanley Cup, so every time you played the game it was a different situation.

I'd like a 8 or longer minute 4th quarter with different situations. That would be more enjoyable than 2 minute quarters, even if it is a full game.
      That's a great idea!
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post

I was just thinking that today. I totally agree. 2 mins is terrible because you get so few plays and with the clock ticking you don't really get to run the ball and drive down the field.
      morsdraconis -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      I was just thinking that today. I totally agree. 2 mins is terrible because you get so few plays and with the clock ticking you don't really get to run the ball and drive down the field.
      But, at the same time, it's really not that bad. I got a pretty damn good feel for '09 and '10 with the same setup. You always end up playing multiple games to really get a feel for the different offenses anyway. And, look at it this way, you have 4 minutes to put a decent drive together. Just hope that it isn't totally defenseless where you're scoring 28+ points in that 4 minutes.