• NCAA Football 11 Demo: June 14, Unlock Pro-Combats

More details have been announced for the NCAA Football 11 demo. Each version (PS3 & 360) will be available on Monday, June 14. For playing each of the four match-ups, you will unlock those teams' Nike Pro Combat uniforms for full use in the retail game. By sharing news of the demo with a friend, you will unlock three more uniforms: Virginia Tech, LSU, and TCU.
    Comments 40 Comments
      cdj -
      If you are wondering what 'sharing news of the demo' means, it is similar to what EA SPORTS did with Tiger Woods 11 this year. They will be an area on the main menu to 'share with friend.' This then pulls up your friends list and you manually select which friends you would like to send a pre-composed message about the demo via XBL & PSN.
      Iron Dragon -
      Does this mean the person has to download it or do you just have to send invites?
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
      Does this mean the person has to download it or do you just have to send invites?
      You have to download it. The Share Demo aspect is in the main menu of the demo.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
      I believe it is just send invites. For Tiger, you earned XP for every invite you sent... no matter if they downloaded it or not.
      gschwendt -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      You have to download it. The Share Demo aspect is in the main menu of the demo.
      He's meaning if he invites someone, do THEY have to download it in order for him to get credit.
      coogrfan -
      Oooooooooooooooh-kay. Guess I'll have to get some "friends"...
      I OU a Beatn -
      Sweet, that will be easy. I love this new fad where you unlock stuff in the demo for use in the final game.
      Kwizzy -
      Nice, between the 8 team in the demo & the 3 you get for sending the invites that's all the pro combat teams right? Nice little incentive.
      gschwendt -
      No one here thankfully but I'm amazed at other sites (sadly Facebook mostly) are turning this into a bad thing. It's giving us something for free with very little effort on our part. Yeah, it's a marketing tactic but a rather good one in my opinion and we get rewarded for it. It's a win-win... the only people I can see that have a downside are those that don't have internet access so they won't get the Pro Combats but I'm sure even then they can figure something out... that or I imagine EA will eventually offer them as DLC down the road.
      texacotea -
      Agreed, I like this and gives a reason to play with all teams in the demo.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      No one here thankfully but I'm amazed at other sites (sadly Facebook mostly) are turning this into a bad thing. It's giving us something for free with very little effort on our part. Yeah, it's a marketing tactic but a rather good one in my opinion and we get rewarded for it. It's a win-win... the only people I can see that have a downside are those that don't have internet access so they won't get the Pro Combats but I'm sure even then they can figure something out... that or I imagine EA will eventually offer them as DLC down the road.
      It's definitely an adventure reading Facebook comments, that's for sure.

I'll let EA announce/confirm, but last I heard everyone will be able to get the Pro Combats down the line. Unlocking them in the demo gets them on day one. This is a really cool feature IMO and with TW11 and NCAA 11, I really like the perks for playing each demo.
      MPDamon -
      Really like this model compared to the retail pre-order incentives. They may still use those I am sure but at least for the people that don't like to pre-order every game they want to buy this gives them something to look forward to unlocking on day 1.
      Sinister -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      that still don't make sense because to get a DLC you still need the net don't you?
      I OU a Beatn -
      I imagine a very, very, very small portion of buyers for this current generation don't have access to high speed internet of some sort.
      beartide06 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      If you are wondering what 'sharing news of the demo' means, it is similar to what EA SPORTS did with Tiger Woods 11 this year. They will be an area on the main menu to 'share with friend.' This then pulls up your friends list and you manually select which friends you would like to send a pre-composed message about the demo via XBL & PSN.
      How many times do you have to share in order to get all the 3 extra unis? Or how many different friends do you share with?
      Solidice -
      Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
      How many times do you have to share in order to get all the 3 extra unis? Or how many different friends do you share with?
      according to NCAA facebook page, just once.
      on the demo discussion on face book, they added:

"For those of you asking, here is info about how to share the demo:

There’s an option in the demo menu called “share with a friend”, selecting this brings up a pop-up that allows you to select anyone in your friends list. Select who you want to send the message to and a prepopulated message will appear using the XBL/Sony messaging system. Then all you need to do is send that message to get your uniforms unlocked.

You do need to be connected online to share the demo.

You only need to share the demo once to get all 3 uniforms."

"you will be able to choose which uniform you would like the teams to wear. However, you will not be able to have both teams where Pro Combat b/c there is no match up that has one home Pro Combat uniform and one away Pro Combat uniform. The way the match ups worked out the Pro Combat uniforms are either away-away or home-home."

"You will be able to preview what the teams Pro Combat uniforms look like in the uniform menu."
      coogrfan -
      So we don't have to have either team wearing PC's? Outstanding.
      JBHuskers -
      I think you just have to share it to anyone.
      coogrfan -
      "You only need to share the demo once to get all 3 uniforms."
      gschwendt -
      One thing to keep in mind though is if it's like Tiger, you have to recommend it to someone who hasn't already downloaded the demo. So, unless you're one of the first to download it, you may not be able to suggest it to all of the people that you know will already download it.