• NCAA Football 11 Demo Teams & Styles

Below are the teams that will be in the NCAA Football 11 demo this Monday. Additionally, their respective offensive styles are listed. The difference in no huddle and no huddle-aggressive is the aggressive will run no huddle most of the game, non-aggressive will run it situationally. Click Read More to see the full list.

Miami - Pro Style
    VS.
    Ohio State - Multiple

Florida - Spread
    VS.
    Florida State - Multiple

Missouri - Spread - No Huddle - Aggressive
    VS.
    Clemson - Spread - No Huddle

Oklahoma - Multiple - No Huddle - Aggressive
    VS.
    Texas - Spread - No Huddle
    Comments 24 Comments
      Kwizzy -
      Seems like all the teams have similar styles, probably trying to show how teams with similar overall styles can still feel different (hopefully). Would be nice to see a few different styles in the last matchup.
      coogrfan -
      I'm intrigued by the description of Mizzou's offense. Are the variations like this for all offenses or just the Spread/Air Raid teams?
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
      I'm intrigued by the description of Mizzou's offense. Are the variations like this for all offenses or just the Spread/Air Raid teams?
      All teams can be no-huddle and/or aggressive, but certain offenses are more likely to be those ways as compared to others.
      UGA14 -
      There's also a (blah) ACC team in every game.
      beartide06 -
      Well there are a few trends it looks like:

- Nike pro combat
      - ACC team in every game
      - They are all good teams
      - Both teams have not been the same style of offense in one matchup
      - All Nike teams

So I wonder what the other teams could be? Texas and Oklahoma both have pro combat, It's a big rivalry, and they are two top teams. Also, Texas was in the national championship game.

Georgia Tech has the option, which hasn't been displayed, they are ACC, EA has added to the triple option playbook so that would give them reason to show it off. Virginia Tech could play GT because VT has pro combat, it's a rivalry, and VT is in the ACC.

Alabama was in the national championship game, they have the one back O which hasn't been displayed yet, and they don't have pro combat, but they are Nike. Also, Alabama and LSU are rivals and LSU has the pro combat so that's another reason bama could be in and gives a reason for LSU to jump in the talk as well.

SMU and Nevada have the Run&Shoot and pistol which neither have been displayed. They are two smaller schools which would add a spin on the demo. It would also be a rematch of the Hawaii bowl last year.

TCU has pro combat and they are a top 10 team. That would give reason for them to sneak in there somewhere too.

Those are just my thoughts and ideas of who might be some contenders for the final matchup.
      lilheavy -
      I'm praying for a flexbone team. I can't wait to see the misdirection plays and whatever else they added to the playbooks.
      jaymo76 -
      I would love to see a PISTOL formation team and see if it actually works this year.
      Jayrah -
      Alabama - Texas

GT - Michigan

GT - VT

my three top choices here.

Just waiting....
      Iron Dragon -
      I just want to see flexbone in the fourth matchup. Why not Navy/Army?
      lilheavy -
      Am I the only one sitting at the computer waiting for the 4th match up
      I OU a Beatn -
      I wish it were Texas Tech vs someone, but I doubt that will happen. Texas Tech vs Oregon would be awesome.
      coogrfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by IOUaBeatn View Post
      I wish it were Texas Tech vs someone, but I doubt that will happen. Texas Tech vs Oregon would be awesome.
      Houston vs UO would be even more awesome. UH has a better wr corps (three returning starters, all of whom had over 1000 receiving yds last season) and a much better qb in Case Keenum than either Potts or Sheffield.

Come on, EA. Make it happen.
      I OU a Beatn -
      That would work, too. I really want an Air Raid offensive team to play around with in the demo, but I severely doubt it happens.
      Buckeye -
      Navy/Air Force vs SMU (R'nS)/Nevada (Pistol) would make for a great demo matchup for me.
      Coachdenz -
      does any of these teams run the 3-4 defense?
      BlindRedBaron -
      Well I hope Texas makes it in... but who knows, it's looking a little bleak
      coogrfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
      Navy/Air Force vs SMU (R'nS)/Nevada (Pistol) would make for a great demo matchup for me.
      If I can't have UH, I really hope we get a wishbone/flexbone team.
      vertigho -
      This needs to be updated for OU and TX.
      JBHuskers -
      The styles are updated for the 4th matchup between Oklahoma and Texas.
      coogrfan -
      "Oklahoma - No Huddle - Aggressive"

Isn't this missing something?