• Sports Anomaly Podcast: NCAA 11 Preview

In the final edition ever of 1up.com's The Sports Game Guy's Sports Anomaly podcast, Todd Zuniga and crew chatted with NCAA Football 11 developers Ben Haumiller and Russ Kiniry about the upcoming football game. (During the over three hour podcast, there is also an interview with Madden NFL 11 producer Ian Cummings and Art Director Michael Young.)

Among the topics discussed are the features they are most excited for, the optional Auto-Sprint feature, the tendencies of the average NCAA Football gamer, the changes to recruiting in Dynasty Mode, some vague hints & mentions on yet to be announced features and more. Click Read More to listen to the NCAA Football 11 segment.

Listen to the 20-minute NCAA-centric portion of the podcast on our new The Gaming Tailgate MP3 Player:
    Comments 8 Comments
      gschwendt -
      Pretty good listen. Nothing really huge to take away from it but nice to hear them discuss the impact of the recruiting changes and also just their general thoughts on this years game.
      JBHuskers -
      Ben did a great job of explaining what will make draw plays actually work this year.
      coogrfan -
      Thank you for doing this, the thought of having to wade thru 3+ hours of Zuniga and co. to get to the NCAA info was more than I could bear.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
      Thank you for doing this, the thought of having to wade thru 3+ hours of Zuniga and co. to get to the NCAA info was more than I could bear.
      You're telling me. They do a good job, but it's just not my cup of tea.
      Kwizzy -
      Ability to create open online dynasties so anyone can join.

Might be good for people who don't frequent community sites like this to help them get into leagues. Personally, I would rather find my dynasty here because I know the type of player I'll get here but that's a new bit of info.
      BlindRedBaron -
      It's definitely good to hear about the "public" online dynasties, but I'll definitely have to agree in that that podcast was very lackluster. I mean, if you're going to interview someone, why would you willfully be SO under-informed about the game, when you could go to any number of community sites, take 5 minutes, and know something about the game...

But hey, it's an interview, so I've got to appreciate that... and we got a tidbit of information!
      Jayrah -
      Nuts. I'm expecting a blog every day next week
      JeffHCross -
      Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
      This does make me nostalgic for Official Playstation Magazine and Todd's reviews.