• NCAA Football 11: New Features Developer Video Blog

A new video from NCAA Football developers Russ Kiniry and Ben Haumiller breaks down some of the previously announced features coming to the game.

The six-minute video allows Russ & Ben to share some personal thoughts on these items not only as developers, but also fans of college football and the game. Among the topics discussed are presentation, 120 Ways to Win & Real Assignment AI, and Locomotion.

Click the Read More to watch the video after the break.

Comments 26 Comments
      cdj -
      Thanks for posting, BigBlue! Nice to hear the devs thoughts on these features and their personal experience with it.
      BlindRedBaron -
      Great post, great video

It's nice to hear their take on things so far, and see a little more of the game in action. I liked the presentation tidbits, and seeing more offensive run plays is always good.

This is the 3rd "update" on the game this week from the development team. I hope this is a sign of more to come, especially since everything we've gotten this week has been high quality information.
      AustinWolv -
      Cool video.
      I like the wall behind them also. Desmond!

Want demo.
      Jayrah -
      Good Info!
      champ195797 -
      Great video hopefully we continue to get info like this seeing that the demo will be out soon
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      need that demo right now.
      Jayrah -
      Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
      need that demo right now.
      Aaaaaaah! What up Brotha! Stickx in the house! Oh, and I agree
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      man that vid looks good... glad to hear they have added a ton of plays to everyones playbooks... the misdirection stuff for flex will be nice to finally have... overall... im pretty darn pumped about everything... i can already tell im going to have to force myself to NOT POST for at least 2 whole days of playing the demo to let the shock value of new features wear off so i can start giving some unbiased feedback lol... i know the demo still wont be the "game" in its finished stage, but you know what im saying...

"E"
      Solidice -
      the bad thing I noticed was the throwing animation that the SMU QB(i think it was SMU) did on his throw. didn't look good at all. other than that I though everything else was great.
      Rudy -
      They said the demo would be out soon. Define soon! That made it sound as though it would be out before E3. I don't think they would release the demo more than a month early but who knows.
      JeffHCross -
      I think the demo will probably hit right after E3. That would make the most sense, overall. Take advantage of the major hype they'll be getting out of E3.

That misdirection speed sweep out of the Flexbone looked sick.
      xGRIDIRONxGURUx -
      Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
      yeah... i liked that a lot... from backfield action, looks like they will have that fly sweep style available as a fake, with the FB diving, that you can run speed option off of as well... was a short clip, but, from what i saw, i am almost positive thats what it will be like...

"E"
      Keontez -
      WHAAAAAAAAT! *Wipes drool from mouth*
      xMrHitStickx904 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
      Aaaaaaah! What up Brotha! Stickx in the house! Oh, and I agree
      You know the deal! hahah. definitely ready to play this gm.
      Deuce -
      Very cool. I found it interesting when they spoke about OL/DL and how much acc and agi ratings will matter. Makes sense, but I was just thinking about the 'skills' guys. I'll actually have to pay attention to what kind of OL/DL I recruit now.
      Iron Dragon -
      Very nice video, like Jeff that misdirection play was my favorite in that video. Alot of game action was nice too see.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
      Very nice video, like Jeff that misdirection play was my favorite in that video. Alot of game action was nice too see.
      Misdirection really looked good at the Community Day, I will agree.
      Iron Dragon -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Misdirection really looked good at the Community Day, I will agree.
      Also it's a help for online play if run commit is crappy again.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Solidice View Post
      the bad thing I noticed was the throwing animation that the SMU QB(i think it was SMU) did on his throw. didn't look good at all. other than that I though everything else was great.
      Yeah, that was really weird. At the CE, there were some weird throws they were still in the process of eradicating, but I don't think I saw that one. I hope the pass in the vid was one they pulled.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
      Also it's a help for online play if run commit is crappy again.
      The Real Assignment AI (RAAI)feature will help immensely with the issue that plagued Run Commit (RC) last year. Last year, the OL would get confused at the point of attack, but the RAAI helps address that. At the CE, I played against Russ for 30-60 minutes and we would set RC to all different directions to see what would happen versus different run plays. Unlike last year, if you RC wrong, Locomotion has defenders unable to recover like in NCAA 10. There were also times that a run play going the same way the RC was called would get solid yardage.

Now, who knows what will happen when people start working and devising ways to break the game for hours & days on end, but straight up the RC is vastly improved and the way we all had hoped it would be last year thanks to RAAI.