• EA SPORTS College Football Currently in Development

EA SPORTS has officially announced that EA SPORTS College Football is in development, marking the studio's return to college football gaming after the NCAA Football franchise's cancellation in 2013.

ESPN has some of the first information regarding the franchise's eventual return: "[EA Sports vice president and general manager Daryl] Holt said there is not a date on when the game will return or even a date when the return will be announced other than it won't be coming back for this year."

The company has been working with the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) to attain rights to the FBS schools, traditions, uniforms, and playbooks. As of the article's publishing, over 100 schools are planned for inclusion in the game. Until name, image, and likeness (NIL) licensing is resolved by the NCAA, the game will go ahead without real player rosters. Holt added that the current focus for the title will be on the "FBS Division I schools and the road to the College Football Playoff and college football championship."

As the NCAA and colleges began to distance themselves from the franchise, EA SPORTS planned to move ahead as EA SPORTS College Football 15 before cancellation. Developers on the franchise even received marketing materials with the name and logo.

With this exciting news, what are you hoping for most from the return of EA SPORTS College Football?
    This article was originally published in forum thread: EA SPORTS College Football Currently in Development started by cdj View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      razorback44 -
      3rd happiest day of my life. Cant wait to be back.
      psusnoop -
      This is great news! Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      CLW -
      NCAA Football is back BEFORE Texas
      HuskerBlitz -
      Sweet!
      razorback44 -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      NCAA Football is back BEFORE Texas
      ryby6969 -
      Someone say a college football game?
      oweb26 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      I scrolled really fast and say Ram29Jackson and I thought " Hey Ram is back" ...lol
      razorback44 -
      Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
      I scrolled really fast and say Ram29Jackson and I thought " Hey Ram is back" ...lol
      100% thought the exact same thing.
      steelerfan -
      Sorry to disappoint you guys! [emoji38]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk