• Join the '18-19 TGT Bowl Mania Group

Think you know how bowl season will shake out? Prove it and join The Gaming Tailgate's Capital One Bowl Mania group on ESPN.com.

This game challenges you to select the winners of each of the NCAA college football bowl games with a Confidence scoring system (assign confidence points to your picks). Best of all, the game is FREE to play!

Get in the action now!

Group: The Gaming Tailgate

The winner - provided they are a member of TGT in good standing - will receive their choice of a $20 PSN/XBL/Nintendo card. It is free to enter, so feel welcome to invite family and friends.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Join the '18-19 TGT Bowl Mania Group started by cdj View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      CLW -
      LOL put the picks in but for some reason saying I didn't get it in in time so i'm already down 28 points on my NC AT&T pick
      SmoothPancakes -
      It's down to a three man race.

With one game to go, I lead the TGT group with 477 points (40 remaining) , followed closely by Tigerjustin who has 471 (39 remaining) and then cdj who has 456 (40 remaining).

Unfortunately CLW is 53 points out of 1st with only a max of 36 points remaining. Those lost 28 points on the NC AT&T pick comes back to haunt CLW.

So it's all down which team cdj, Tigerjustin and myself pick. Either we all pick the same team and I end up guaranteed victory regardless of the result, or we pick differently and I'm sweating out the National Championship Game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      And it all comes down to me and Tigerjustin13. I picked Alabama (cdj also picked Alabama, so he can't catch up to me) while Tigerjustin13 took Clemson.

Now I've got to sweat out this national title game and hope for Alabama to actually win if I'm gonna win the group.

cdj -
      So far, it's been big plays. Bama up 16-14 early second.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Goddamnit Alabama. The ONE time I'm actually rooting for you to win.

cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Goddamnit Alabama. The ONE time I'm actually rooting for you to win.

Rooting for Clemson here, but really shouldn't care either way. These two programs are so far ahead of everyone else right now, they don't need any additional titles/help.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Rooting for Clemson here, but really shouldn't care either way. These two programs are so far ahead of everyone else right now, they don't need any additional titles/help.
      Yeah, only reason I have for rooting for Alabama is to win this. Otherwise, I'd much rather see Clemson win.

I will say, this is one hell of a game so far! Despite yet another Clemson-Alabama match-up, I'd definitely rather have these two playing tonight than Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Georgia, Ohio State or UCF. Much more explosive game than we'd like see from the other teams that were in the running.

SmoothPancakes -
      Alright, now this game has just turned plain embarrassing. Good god Nick Saban and Alabama are getting their asses handed to them.

bdoughty -
      Happy for Clemson. mainly due to the success Venables has had with their defense. He got a bum rap from the OU fans, including myself after a few of the games. Of course nobody expected Mike to turn us into one of the worst defenses in the country.

Much more explosive game than we'd like see from the other teams that were in the running.
      OU did put up 34 points on Bama. Spotting anyone 28 points is bad, spotting Bama 28 points is suicide. Before tonight it was the most points against Bama since Clemson threw up 35 on them in the 2016/2017 title game. Just FYI.