• TGT's Guide to E3 2018

E3 2018 and accompanying developer conferences are upon us. Once a three-day event, studios have spaced announcements over a week+ span to get what they believe is a proper share of the limelight and avoid being lost in the shuffle. However, one could argue that due to the sheer volume of announcements, game information could still get overlooked despite attempts to stand out.

To help keep you up-to-date with all the happenings at and surrounding E3, TGT has put together a guide to all of the press conferences by companies and studios such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and others.

Continue on to see TGT’s guide to E3. Check back often as we update this article with the latest links, information, recaps, discussion, and more. Threads devoted to new games announced will likely be added to our Other Games Forum.

EA Play 2018 – June 9-11

Livestream June 9 @ 1 PM CT. Watch archive here:

EA Play Recap:
    Battle V Multiplayer
    FIFA 19
    Origin access Premier
    Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
    Star Wars Battlefront II: Discussion of future updates
    Unravel 2
    Sea of Solitude
    NBA LIVE 19
    Madden NFL 19
    Command & Conquer Rivals
    Anthem

Microsoft

Livestream June 10 @ 3 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Bethesda

Livestream June 10 @ 8:30 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Devolver Digital

Stream June 10 @ 10 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Square Enix

Livestream June 11 @ 12 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Ubisoft

Livestream June 11 @ 3 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Sony

Livestream June 11 @ 8 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Nintendo

Games expected to be shown/showcased: Untitled Super Smash Bros. game, Splatoon 2, RollerCoaster Tycoon, & more.

Livestream June 12 @ 11 AM CT. Watch here:

This article was originally published in forum thread: TGT's Guide to E3 2018 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 271 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Looking good for the schedule. Only one that might interfere with my work schedule is Square Enix, and I'm fine as long as they keep it under an hour. And even then, the only game of theirs I give a damn about is hoping to see any new info on Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Everything else I'll be good for. Anxious to see what Ubisoft, Microsoft, Sony and Bethesda have. EA, eh, not so much, only Battlefield V has any interest for me.

Whereas I used to buy NHL, FIFA and NCAA nearly every year and Madden maybe every other year, I'm to the point that Madden is a once a decade purchase (or an extreme $15 or less February sale purchase), and I'm probably going to dial FIFA and NHL back to once every 2-3 years purchase going forward here as I end up not giving them enough gameplay to justify the cost with all the other games I try and shuffle time on every year.

My most wanted list for info and new video of games at E3: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Battlefield V, Halo 6, Gears of War, new TES game, Fallout 76, The Division 2, Skull and Bones, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Death Stranding, Battle of Tsushima, Days Gone, The Last of Us 2 and Spider Man.

And I wish Rollercoaster Tycoon wasn't just Nintendo. If that was a full release on PS4 or Xbox One, I'd buy the hell out of that. Though I'm sure there are plenty of options on Steam to scratch my Rollercoaster Tycoon itch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Looking good for the schedule. Only one that might interfere with my work schedule is Square Enix, and I'm fine as long as they keep it under an hour. And even then, the only game of theirs I give a damn about is hoping to see any new info on Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Everything else I'll be good for. Anxious to see what Ubisoft, Microsoft, Sony and Bethesda have. EA, eh, not so much, only Battlefield V has any interest for me.

Whereas I used to buy NHL, FIFA and NCAA nearly every year and Madden maybe every other year, I'm to the point that Madden is a once a decade purchase (or an extreme $15 or less February sale purchase), and I'm probably going to dial FIFA and NHL back to once every 2-3 years purchase going forward here as I end up not giving them enough gameplay to justify the cost with all the other games I try and shuffle time on every year.

My most wanted list for info and new video of games at E3: Final Fantasy VII Remake, Battlefield V, Halo 6, Gears of War, new TES game, Fallout 76, The Division 2, Skull and Bones, Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Death Stranding, Battle of Tsushima, The Last of Us 2 and Spider Man.

And I wish Rollercoaster Tycoon wasn't just Nintendo. If that was a full release on PS4 or Xbox One, I'd buy the hell out of that. Though I'm sure there are plenty of options on Steam to scratch my Rollercoaster Tycoon itch.

After all these years of waiting... I just want to hear/see something about Cyberpunk !!!
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      After all these years of waiting... I just want to hear/see something about Cyberpunk !!!
      I'll be honest, while I've heard of Cyberpunk, I haven't really followed anything on the game, so I have no clue what it's even supposed to be about. But if I see video of and it impresses me, it may jump on my radar. E3 is terrible for my bank account.

New games I'd like to see announced, besides a new TES game, I'd love to get surprised with announcement of Just Cause 4. I doubt it'd happen though, it's only been 3 years since 3 was released. JC1 released in 2006, JC2 in 2010 and JC3 in 2015. Based on that time line, I'm guessing 2020 before JC4 would maybe be released.

I'd also love to see some more remasters or ports of Final Fantasy games. I have the original FF7, FF9, FF10, the remastered FF12 International edition, FF Type-0 HD and FF15 all for PS4. I'd love to see Square Enix announce the release of FF8 (even though it gets shit on by Final Fantasy fans, I always enjoyed the hell out of that game) and FF Tactics for the PS4 at E3.

bdoughty -
      Red Dead Redemption 2 is my most anticipated game, unless Bethesda decides to talk about ES6. Though I doubt it will be mentioned due to the new Fallout game.

Top Spin 5 or a new Virtua Tennis would be make me the happiest.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Another game I completely forgot about, a new Splinter Cell! I am full expecting a new Splinter Cell to be announced, after Sam Fisher made an appearance as a DLC mission in Ghost Recon Wildlands. I can't see them going through the effort of creating Sam Fisher for a simple DLC mission in Wildlands without there being some sort of message behind it.

bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      I'd love to get surprised with announcement of Just Cause 4. I doubt it'd happen though, it's only been 3 years since 3 was released. JC1 released in 2006, JC2 in 2010 and JC3 in 2015. Based on that time line, I'm guessing 2020 before JC4 would maybe be released.
      Might be even longer with Avalanche working on Rage 2 and this new announcement today of a new franchise.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/...asing-new-game
      cdj -
      The new title announced this morning by PlayStation is Tetris Effect:

Lots of rumors swirling around, but some of the more interesting:

- Rumor: Crackdown 3 delayed to 2019?

- Rumor: Rocksteady's unannounced DC game is a Superman title including other playable DC characters and Brainiac as the villain.
      cdj -
      Today's PlayStation announcement: Days Gone will release February 22, 2019.

SmoothPancakes -
      Well I'll be damned. We might just see Just Cause 4 announced! If it is unveiled at E3, I still don't see it having release date any earlier than spring 2019, only three years just seems way too quick to pump out an entire new Just Cause game. But then who knows, I wasn't expecting (hoping, but not expecting) a new Fallout so soon.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ju.../1100-6459492/

Rudy -
      Curious to see Anthem. Wonder what surprise things we might see.
      CLW -
      Moving days gone to February is probably smart. I think it looks solid but no where near the quality of GOW or HZD.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Curious to see Anthem. Wonder what surprise things we might see.
      Quasi gambling pay to win loot boxes to help you gain an advantage in battle Royale mode BOOM
      bdoughty -
      Speaking of moving games to February...

https://m.windowscentral.com/crackdo...-february-2019

Crackdown 3 pushed to Feb 2019.

On one hand, it probably needs the extra time, since it has only been in development for five+ years. Was originally coming out in 2016 then 2017 and 2018. The other hand is looking pretty barren for first party MS games in 2018.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Speaking of moving games to February...

https://m.windowscentral.com/crackdo...-february-2019

Crackdown 3 pushed to Feb 2019.

On one hand, it probably needs the extra time, since it has only been in development for five+ years. Was originally coming out in 2016 then 2017 and 2018. The other hand is looking pretty barren for first party MS games in 2018.
      Wasn't aware that MS still made games
      cdj -
      Today's PlayStation reveal, Twin Mirror:

bdoughty -
      Alan Wake vibes from Twin Mirror. Also another game being set in West Virginia.
      bdoughty -
      Unravel 2 coming. Really enjoyed the first one, glad to see a sequel.

cdj -
      Unravel about to be EA's greatest current franchise? (Half-joking....maybe?)
      cdj -
      EA play is now underway:

SmoothPancakes -

I was planning all day on watching this live at 2pm ET, and instead I get distracted with something else and completely forgot about it until it was already after 3:30. I'll have to find some time later tonight to sit down and watch the archived stream.