• TGT's Guide to E3 2018

E3 2018 and accompanying developer conferences are upon us. Once a three-day event, studios have spaced announcements over a week+ span to get what they believe is a proper share of the limelight and avoid being lost in the shuffle. However, one could argue that due to the sheer volume of announcements, game information could still get overlooked despite attempts to stand out.

To help keep you up-to-date with all the happenings at and surrounding E3, TGT has put together a guide to all of the press conferences by companies and studios such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and others.

Continue on to see TGT’s guide to E3. Check back often as we update this article with the latest links, information, recaps, discussion, and more. Threads devoted to new games announced will likely be added to our Other Games Forum.

EA Play 2018 – June 9-11

Livestream June 9 @ 1 PM CT. Watch archive here:

EA Play Recap:
    Battle V Multiplayer
    FIFA 19
    Origin access Premier
    Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
    Star Wars Battlefront II: Discussion of future updates
    Unravel 2
    Sea of Solitude
    NBA LIVE 19
    Madden NFL 19
    Command & Conquer Rivals
    Anthem

Microsoft

Livestream June 10 @ 3 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Bethesda

Livestream June 10 @ 8:30 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Devolver Digital

Stream June 10 @ 10 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Square Enix

Livestream June 11 @ 12 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Ubisoft

Livestream June 11 @ 3 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Sony

Livestream June 11 @ 8 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Nintendo

Games expected to be shown/showcased: Untitled Super Smash Bros. game, Splatoon 2, RollerCoaster Tycoon, & more.

Livestream June 12 @ 11 AM CT. Watch here:

This article was originally published in forum thread: TGT's Guide to E3 2018 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 271 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Phil Spencer introing Kingdom Hearts now. Showing the Kingdoms Hearts crew along with characters from Frozen, Wreck It Ralph, Hercules, Toy Story, Monsters, Inc, and a bunch of others.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      Now talking about Xbox exclusive Sea of Thieves and previewing what's to come to the game in future updates.

Two new additions, Cursed Sails in July and Forsaken Shores in September.

SmoothPancakes -
      Fast and furious with the previews.

Text on screen now.

Nordyls is the story of a young Norwegian Resistance fighter during the German Occupation.

You must pay an unthinkable price to save not only yourself, but also your family.
      A brief video for Battlefield V.

SmoothPancakes -
      Moving onto an exclusive and world premiere, it's a game play video for Forza Horizon 4.

Now Ralph Fulton from Playground Games is on stage to talk about FH4. The game. Is set in Britain. It features dynamic seasons and a shared open world.

It's truly shared open worlds, you'll be playing in a instance of the game with a bunch of other actual players.

They have four people on stage playing with different vehicles. Seasons just changed from summer to fall. You can seemlessly enter co-op from within the game world. Now transitioning to winter. The lake freezes over in winter and can be driven on, and you can reach previously inaccessible areas. And now onto spring, with driving in rain.

Forza Horizon 4 is releasing October 2nd and will be available on Xbox Game Pass from day one.

SmoothPancakes -
      Phil Spencer is back. Talking about increasing investment in game worlds you already love and new worlds.

Announcing a new Microsoft Studio, The Initiative, based in Santa Monica. Also welcoming Undead Labs to Microsoft Studios.

Over 2 million players in the first two weeks for State of Decay 2.

Spencer now announcing that Microsoft Studios has acquired Playground Games. In addition to Forza, they have a new project that will be announced later.

A fourth new studio joining Microsoft Studios, Ninja Theory, the studio behind Hellblade.

Now a fifth. Compulsion Games is now part of Microsoft Studio. The game We Happy Few is close to release according to Spencer.

Now showing a game play video for We Happy Few. Man, this game looks even more nuts than it did when announced in past E3s.

And We Happy Few has a release date of August 10th.

SmoothPancakes -
      Exclusive, video of game play for PUBG.

War Mode is coming. Something shown on buildings with Summer 2018 listed and snow in Winter 2018.

Now onto Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition. Remaster of the original with all new content never available in the West before. Releases this winter.

Moving onto the next video, a world premiere. The Division 2 indeed set in Washington DC. No actual game play, but the premiere video/backstory looked damn awesome.

Now they are showing game play. Showing a four person team, must he in co-op. The group runs into another group armed with weapons, though they're friendly. Apparently you will have both friendly and hostile groups of people, rather than just enemies and useless civilians in the streets.

Approaching a crashed Air Force One, the group of three split up to attack a group of hostile from different directions and flanks. It appears the environment is destructive. One player got their foot stuck in rocks, another player destroyed the rocks with a shotgun, as well as blew up a enemy's cover.

The Division 2 will release March 15, 2019.

Now Ashley Speicher is on stage, the head of Xbox Game Pass. Invented a way to start games twice as fast, called Fast Start, using machine learning techniques based on ways gamers play games, and will get better over time. Fast Start will release for select titles in the June update coming later this month.

New games being added to Game Pass include Halo: Master Chief Collection, all new exclusives from Microsoft Studios including Forza Horizon 4 and Crackdown 3 from day 1.

Releasing on Game Pass today: The Division, Fallout 4 and The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited. All enhanced for Xbox One X

SmoothPancakes -
      Now onto non-gameplay video of Shadows of the Tomb Raider, releasing September 14th.

Now onto an exclusive, people skateboarding in a city. Game is called Session, no release date given.

Anotehr exclusive now, showing a trailer for a game called Black Desert, apparently an MMORPG with beta beginning in Fall 2018.

A world premiere now, a trailer for Devil May Cry 5, coming Spring 2019.

Producer Matthew Walker and Director Hideaki Itsumo from Capcom now on stage. They feel 5 will be better than any action game they have ever made. Hideaki is convinced it's the best game he's ever made.

Now into video for Cuphead DLC, called The Delicious Last Course, coming in 2019.

CLW -
      "exclusive" meaning available on at least 1 other platform other than Xbox one
      SmoothPancakes -
      Next up is a trailer for console launch exclusive Tunic.

Phil Spencer is back on stage talking about sharing the love of gaming.

The rest of this briefing is 100% world premieres of games no one has seen before.

Bandai Namco up first with their next new game. A weird looking game called Jump Force. Coming in 2019.

Next unveil is Dying Light 2. Narrative designer Chris Avellone now on stage. Fluid parkour, deepened melee combat, and terrifying enemies at nights. They're calling the setting the modern dark ages.

A new feature is technical and narrative advancement for the franchise. Your choices will have genuine consequences, from how it looks, to how it plays and the events that occur, everything in the game world can change based on your decisions.

Now showing off a demo gameplay trailer. It features a functioning ecosystem that reacts on multiple levels to the things you do and the choices you make. In a shown example, the protagonist is undertaking a mission for a faction to bring water access to the faction. After the mission, the faction brings brings stability and development to the surrounding area and city, including running water on the street level, raising morale and you can replenish your energy on the go. There's a cost however, the faction has a rigid approach to law and order, so while the streets may be safer, it's only safer for those who side with them, and if you get on their bad side, life is gonna get difficult.

Now going back to the previous mission and instead of doing the mission and killing the group for water access, you decide to team up with the group and instead supply water on the black market. Consequences change. With water being a precious currency, it brings you access to new resources and trade, but it in turn attracts the worse type of people to the area.

It is just one choice in a game full of choices that have consequences.

SmoothPancakes -
      Exclusive world premiere now, from Microsoft Studios, the new game is Battletoads, returning in 2019.

Next world premiere, Just Cause 4! The enemy is the Black Hand. There are definitely tornadoes in at least one mission for sure. This trailer is bitching!

And it comes out December 4, 2018! Yes!

SmoothPancakes -
      New world premiere by Microsoft Studios, Gears Pop coming in 2019.

Rod Fergusson now on stage.

Gears Tactics also announced, coming to PC, their take on the turn based strategy genre.

Gears of War 5 now announced. Biggest world they've ever created. Now showing the gameplay trailer for it. Gears 5 comes out in 2019.

Almost to the end, 15 minutes left in an hour and 45 minute long presser.

SmoothPancakes -
      Phil Spencer back on stage. Recapping the conference. 50 games, 18 titles with exclusivity and 15 world premieres.

Their cloud engineers are working to build a game streaming network to allow console quality streaming on any device, on your Xbox, PC or even phone.

And the hardware group is already working hard on building the next Xbox console.

Closing out the conference with a world premiere video of Cyberpunk 2077.

jaymo76 -

Finally some info...
      Rudy -
      Is Cyberpunk a futuristic GTA from the Witcher crew? What was that? I was hoping to hear more about Skull and Bones.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Is Cyberpunk a futuristic GTA from the Witcher crew? What was that? I was hoping to hear more about Skull and Bones.
      Yeah, I thought we'd hear something on Skull and Bones considering they had a 7 or 8 minute section on solely The Division 2, which is also an Ubisoft game. I guess Ubisoft decided to hold back S&B until they press conference tomorrow afternoon.
      Rudy -
      I know Skull and Bones got delayed. Plus the new AC has naval battles again. Maybe that game gets cut?
      SmoothPancakes -
      15 more minutes until Bethesda starts! Gonna go hit the john and fill up my water bottle and settle in for the next hour+.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Here we go!

Pete Hines, Global Senior VP of Bethesda on stage to start the show.

Starting with Rage 2, as Pete said, announced a few weeks ago through their partners at Walmart.

The hell? There's a live band performing on stage now. Even some of the crowd has looks on their face like "what the hell is happening right now?"

Studio Director for ID Software and Game Director for Avalanche Studios now on stage. In a dystopian future, you play as Walker, the last ranger of the wasteland. Now taking a look at the extended world and gameplay of Rage 2. Now showing Pre-Alpha gameplay footage of a mission.

I'm getting some very strong Bulletstorm-type vibes from watching this gameplay trailer of Rage 2.
      bdoughty -
      Crap just work up and missed the MS conference thanks for the recap Smooth. At least I can watch some of Bethesda.
      bdoughty -
      Rage 2 looks great. Randy better get off his ass and show some Borderlands 3 footage.