• TGT's Guide to E3 2018

E3 2018 and accompanying developer conferences are upon us. Once a three-day event, studios have spaced announcements over a week+ span to get what they believe is a proper share of the limelight and avoid being lost in the shuffle. However, one could argue that due to the sheer volume of announcements, game information could still get overlooked despite attempts to stand out.

To help keep you up-to-date with all the happenings at and surrounding E3, TGT has put together a guide to all of the press conferences by companies and studios such as Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and others.

Continue on to see TGT’s guide to E3. Check back often as we update this article with the latest links, information, recaps, discussion, and more. Threads devoted to new games announced will likely be added to our Other Games Forum.

EA Play 2018 – June 9-11

Livestream June 9 @ 1 PM CT. Watch archive here:

EA Play Recap:
    Battle V Multiplayer
    FIFA 19
    Origin access Premier
    Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
    Star Wars Battlefront II: Discussion of future updates
    Unravel 2
    Sea of Solitude
    NBA LIVE 19
    Madden NFL 19
    Command & Conquer Rivals
    Anthem

Microsoft

Livestream June 10 @ 3 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Bethesda

Livestream June 10 @ 8:30 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Devolver Digital

Stream June 10 @ 10 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Square Enix

Livestream June 11 @ 12 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Ubisoft

Livestream June 11 @ 3 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Sony

Livestream June 11 @ 8 PM CT. Watch archive here:

Nintendo

Games expected to be shown/showcased: Untitled Super Smash Bros. game, Splatoon 2, RollerCoaster Tycoon, & more.

Livestream June 12 @ 11 AM CT. Watch here:

This article was originally published in forum thread: TGT's Guide to E3 2018 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 271 Comments
      bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Unravel about to be EA's greatest current franchise? (Half-joking....maybe?)

CLW -
      I'm bored to tears and all they have given to Madden so far is a CGI trailer yet they give some damn phone game a head to head match
      bdoughty -
      Anthem footage. Did nothing for me.

Not making any official threads. Just posting any new content here and let CDJ or CLW make the OT.

CLW -
      Sort of surprised Live didn't get CANNED.

EA makes some low level Dev come out an apologize for star wars meanwhile the CEO comes out and brags about how the company stands with SJWs as some sort of PR boost.
      CLW -
      EA conference = D+

Not impressed with anything they showed on the positive side they are clearly scared of loot boxes in their non sports titles
      bdoughty -
      I would raise it to a C- for the Unravel 2 reveal and having it available for purchase today. That was a nice touch.

Will still buy FIFA and Madden but nothing else really piqued my interest.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      I would raise it to a C- for the Unravel 2 reveal and having it available for purchase today. That was a nice touch.

Will still buy FIFA and Madden but nothing else really piqued my interest.
      It's not just what they showed but how they showed it. Just show trailers I bet over half of that conference was just someone running their mouth
      He'll most if Madden was just that tourny guy and some Steeler and they didn't even talk about what's new in the game.

Below average games + piss poor presentation
      bdoughty -
      The Division 2 will be in DC?

cdj -
      I thought the games looked OK (need more info on most though), but the presentation didn't help get me get hyped for any of them. I'd rate it a C+.

Some games/demos don't translate well to watching, but personally the Anthem demo dampened my enthusiasm for the game.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Well, as far as I'm concerned, with the previous leaks and now this, Just Cause 4 is confirmed, just a matter of waiting for an official announcement now.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/7/174...-steam-e3-2018

The next entry in Avalanche Studios’ open-world sandbox adventure series, Just Cause, appears to have leaked on Steam. Promotional images for Just Cause 4, which has not yet been announced by Avalanche or publisher Square Enix, have appeared on Valve’s storefront.

Here’s a look at what Steam users have been served tonight: an image of what appears to be Just Cause series protagonist Rico Rodriguez overlooking a dark and stormy jungle scene. The image indicates that Just Cause 4 will be announced and available for pre-order soon.

The image doesn’t offer much in the way of detail on what to expect from Just Cause 4, but the game’s existence isn’t a surprise. Just Cause 4 was one of the unannounced games that appeared on Walmart Canada’s website last month alongside Rage 2, Lego DC Villains and a new Assassin’s Creed game. Those titles have all since been confirmed by their publishers.

If Steam’s listing is accurate, Just Cause 4 would be one of three in-development projects at Avalanche Studios alongside Rage 2 for Bethesda Softworks and Generation Zero, which Avalanche will self-publish.

The most recent entry in the Just Cause series, Just Cause 3, was released for PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One in 2015.

Rudy -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      I thought the games looked OK (need more info on most though), but the presentation didn't help get me get hyped for any of them. I'd rate it a C+.

Some games/demos don't translate well to watching, but personally the Anthem demo dampened my enthusiasm for the game.
      Reffaeding Anthem, the idea of a third person Destiny with Iran Man suits sounds cool. I like the fact it is more story based and geared more for solo play. But that demo video wasn’t super smooth. I don’t like the damage results on screen either. Hopefully that can be made smaller or turned off. The core fighting will have to be good. Just comparing Destiny 2 vs MEA and Destiny won by a mile. Bioware has some time before release to fix things.
      SmoothPancakes -
      New screens of Just Cause 4 have leaked. if they don't have Welcome to the Jungle as the intro song on the main menu, I am going to be very disappointed. And we got tornadoes! Or at least one tornado. Hopefully this means we're getting dynamic weather introduced to the Just Cause series, similar to Fallout and other series. Except instead of just simple clear, cloudy, rain, storm, hopefully that includes tornadoes as well, unless that's a screenshot from a mission.

First Batch of Just Cause 4 Screenshots Leaked Online

Leaks keep happening at an ever-growing rate this year. The same source that provided the first leaked images for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, German website GamePro, also did the same for Just Cause 4. Clearly, they jumped the gun in both cases by publishing the assets way earlier than intended.

Anyway, below you can find the six screenshots showcasing the rather beautiful game world of Just Cause 4. Ironically, we first learned of the game thanks to another leak, that time originated from Steam itself.

The developer hasn’t been confirmed yet, but it should be Avalanche Studios. The team has been in the news frequently these past weeks, between the partnership with id Software and Bethesda to create RAGE 2, their self-published open world co-op game Generation Zero and their acquisition by Nordisk Film. Oh, they’ve also opened a third studio in Malmö, Sweden, in addition to the existing offices located in Stockholm, Sweden, and New York City.

We’ll probably learn a lot more about Just Cause 4 during the Square Enix E3 2018 Showcase, scheduled for June 11th, 10 AM Pacific Time.

https://wccftech.com/just-cause-4-screenshots-leaked/

bdoughty -
      I loved the first two JC games but shied away from the third because the framerate was horrific. Did they ever fix that? Might have to pick it up on the cheap.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      I loved the first two JC games but shied away from the third because the framerate was horrific. Did they ever fix that? Might have to pick it up on the cheap.
      I don't recall any glaring framerate issues when I played. Of course that was well after release when they had the JC3 XL Edition with all three DLC packs included (basically a Complete Edition), so they may fixed any issues by the time I got it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      I'm running 15 minutes behind live, but the MS presser started off with a video unveil of the new Halo, called Halo Infinite.

Now showing a video of an Ori sequel, Xbox exclusive.

jaymo76 -
      The Fallout 76 clip was good but not a lot of new information was presented. It's definitely a lot greener and lusher of an environment though.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Next up is the world premiere of a samurai looking game, looks like it's set in ancient Japan. Title is Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Now Bethesda's Todd Howard is on stage. Talking about their long history with Xbox. Announcing that Fallout 4 is launching today on Xbox Game Pass, and now giving an exclusive world premiere trailer of Fallout 76.

4 times the size of Fallout 4. Set in the hills of West Virginia. Sirens are going off as someone walks in power armor. Streaks in the sky, a bright flash, a fireball as a nuke goes off and the guy is shown falling to the ground. Now a news conference talking about Vault 76 being completed. Showing video of the game and Lone Wanderer while the song Country Roads plays.

A LOT of new nasty enemies this time around. Some massive machines and buildings also shown.

You can pre-order beginning June 15th.

jaymo76 -
      SmoothPancakes -
      A new world premiere, in the Life is Strange universe, The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit.

It releases June 26th on the Xbox Store and will be free.

SmoothPancakes -
      Showing game play video of Xbox exclusive Crackdown 3 now.

Next up is video of Nier: Automata Become as God's edition, releasing later this month.

Moving onto is a FSP that sounds and appears to be set in Russia. Lots of destruction, lots of snow. We got monsters instead of normal enemies. Welcome to Metro Exodus.