• After Six Years, Rex Dickson Steps Down as Madden NFL Creative Director

Via his Twitter account, Rex Dickson has announced he has left his role of Creative Director on the Madden NFL franchise.

In his statement, Dickson stated his decision was made after many discussions with other leaders on the team and it provided the franchise a chance to go "in a new direction." In addition he will not be granting interview requests or responding to question on Twitter regarding the subject.

Dickson took over the role six years ago from then-Creative Director Ian Cummings. The move was apparently made some time ago as Dickson's Twitter profile now lists him residing in Boulder, Colorado and he has also tweeted that he is now an employee of Backflip Studios, a mobile gaming company that has produced such titles as DragonVale, Transformers Earth Wars, Spellfall, and Seabeard.

This article was originally published in forum thread: After Six Years, Rex Dickson Steps Down as Madden NFL Creative Director started by Rudy View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      cdj -
      It'll be interesting to see who gets the job; someone internally is my guess.

I would add that EA might be best suited to look at a former Creative Director who worked for them on their last really fun football title (NCAA 14) that happened to feature a well-regarded Dynasty (Franchise) Mode, especially since it is considered very lacking in Madden.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      It'll be interesting to see who gets the job; someone internally is my guess.

I would add that EA might be best suited to look at a former Creative Director who worked for them on their last really fun football title (NCAA 14) that happened to feature a well-regarded Dynasty (Franchise) Mode, especially since it is considered very lacking in Madden.
      EA doesn't care about franchise because it doesn't generate the insane revenue from pay to win quasi gambling mut. Honestly u wouldn't be stunned if they didn't just drop franchise as a side all together at some point.
      Rudy -
      I don’t think they drop it but it’s clear that the modern gaming age caters to Kline revenue. Although God of War is proving good offline gameplay is still valuable.
      jaymo76 -
      Well I wish him and his family all the best. There were lofty expectations for Franchise mode that were never realized nor seemingly even attempted. Madden has the worst franchise mode of all major sports titles. It's hard to say where the fault begins but I suspect it goes closer to the front door of the EA Sports brass rather than the creative directors and game designers.

In the absence of a college title, simply bring over all the applicable features from NCAA into Madden and I will be content.