• Join the '17-18 TGT Bowl Mania Group!

Think you know how bowl season will shake out? Prove it and join The Gaming Tailgate's Capital One Bowl Mania group on ESPN.com.

This game challenges you to select the winners of each of the NCAA college football bowl games with a Confidence scoring system (assign confidence points to your picks). Best of all, the game is FREE to play!

Get in the action now!

Group: The Gaming Tailgate

The winner will receive their choice of a $60 PSN/XBL card or game. It is free to enter, so feel welcome to invite family and friends.

Bowls
    Saturday, December, 16th
    New Orleans Bowl : North Texas vs. Troy 12:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Cure Bowl : Georgia State vs. Western Kentucky 1:30 pm CBSSN / CBSSN Video
    Las Vegas Bowl: Boise State vs. Oregon 2:30 pm ABC / espn3 Video
    New Mexico Bowl : Colorado State vs. Marshall 3:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Camellia Bowl : Arkansas State vs. Middle Tennessee 7:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Tuesday, December, 19th
    Boca Bowl : Akron vs. Florida Atlantic 6:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Wednesday, December, 20th
    Frisco Bowl: Louisiana Tech vs. SMU 7:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Thursday, December, 21st
    St. Petersburg Bowl: Florida International vs. Temple 7:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Friday, December, 22nd
    Bahamas Bowl: Ohio vs. UAB 11:30 am ESPN / WatchESPN
    Idaho Potato Bowl: Central Michigan vs. Wyoming 3:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Saturday, December, 23rd
    Birmingham Bowl: South Florida vs. Texas Tech 11:00 am ESPN / WatchESPN
    Armed Forces Bowl: Army vs. San Diego State 2:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Dollar General Bowl: Appalachian State vs. Toledo 6:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Sunday, December, 24th
    Hawaii Bowl : Fresno State vs. Houston 7:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Tuesday, December, 26th
    Heart of Dallas Bowl: Utah vs. West Virginia 12:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Quick Lane Bowl: Duke vs. Northern Illinois 4:15 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Cactus Bowl : Kansas State vs. UCLA 8:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Wednesday, December, 27th
    Independence Bowl: Florida State vs. Southern Miss 12:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Pinstripe Bowl : Boston College vs. Iowa 4:15 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Foster Farms Bowl: Arizona vs. Purdue 7:30 pm FOX / FSGo Video
    Texas Bowl : Missouri vs. Texas 8:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Thursday, December, 28th
    Military Bowl : Navy vs. Virginia 12:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Camping World Bowl : Oklahoma State vs. Virginia Tech 4:15 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Alamo Bowl : Stanford vs. TCU 8:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Holiday Bowl: Michigan State vs. Washington State 8:00 pm FS1 / FSGo Video
    Friday, December, 29th
    Belk Bowl : Texas A&M vs. Wake Forest 12:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Sun Bowl: Arizona State vs. North Carolina State 2:00 pm CBS / CBS Video
    Music City Bowl : Kentucky vs. Northwestern 3:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Arizona Bowl: New Mexico State vs. Utah State 4:30 pm CBSSN / CBSSN Video
    Cotton Bowl : Ohio State vs. USC 7:30 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Saturday, December, 30th
    Gator Bowl : Mississippi State vs. Louisville 11:00 am ESPN / WatchESPN
    Liberty Bowl : Iowa State vs. Memphis 11:30 am ABC / espn3 Video
    Fiesta Bowl : Penn State vs. Washington 3:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Orange Bowl : Miami vs. Wisconsin 7:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Monday, January, 1st
    Outback Bowl: Michigan vs. South Carolina 11:00 am ESPN2 / WatchESPN
    Peach Bowl : Auburn vs. UCF 11:30 am ESPN / WatchESPN
    Citrus Bowl : LSU vs. Notre Dame 12:00 pm ABC / espn3 Video
    CFP Semifinal : Rose Bowl: Georgia vs. Oklahoma 4:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    CFP Semifinal : Sugar Bowl: Alabama vs. Clemson 7:45 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    Monday, January, 8th
    CFP Final 7:00 pm ESPN / WatchESPN
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Join the '17-18 TGT Bowl Mania Group & Bowl Schedule/Discussion started by cdj View original post
    Comments 53 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Georgia gets lucky and they manage to stop the Sooners offense. And we are headed to overtime!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      What a horrible timed drop for Georgia. Their defense is going to have to play the best series they have ever played in their lives right here.

SmoothPancakes -
      Wow! In double overtime, Georgia blocks Oklahoma's field goal attempt. Any score and Georgia wins!

SmoothPancakes -
      And just like that, a 27 yard touchdown rush and Georgia knocks off Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl, 54-48 in double overtime! What a game!

cdj -
      Oklahoma went too conservative in the OTs and deserved to lose that one after withstanding the UGA rally initially.

Clem-Bama is a slugfest compared to the shootout from the first game. Hoping Clemson can pull it out to avoid an all SEC championship.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Oklahoma went too conservative in the OTs and deserved to lose that one after withstanding the UGA rally initially.

Clem-Bama is a slugfest compared to the shootout from the first game. Hoping Clemson can pull it out to avoid an all SEC championship.
      Yeah, they really dialed it back in OT. Outside of that throw on the defensive offside penalty that Mayfield chucked into the end zone (and still had intercepted), they didn't really take any risks or try for any major plays like they did in regulation.

And God, I didn't even realize that initially, that we could end up with an all SEC final.

If that happens, I may just skip the national championship game entirely for the first time. I'm not sure I can deal with the SEC mass masturbation.

SmoothPancakes -
      Jesus Christ Clemson sucks.

And with that, I am officially skipping and ignoring this year's national championship game because fuck the SEC.

Maybe I'll spend national championship game night playing my NCAA dynasty instead.

souljahbill -
      SEC-It just means more.
      [emoji38]

Alabama and Georgia have to carry the torch for how terrible the SEC was during bowl season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      steelerfan -
      Was hoping for Georgia vs Clemson but I was expecting Oklahoma vs Alabama. I'm glad Georgia is in the championship and I really hope they win it (but I doubt it).
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Was hoping for Georgia vs Clemson but I was expecting Oklahoma vs Alabama. I'm glad Georgia is in the championship and I really hope they win it (but I doubt it).
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      Jesus Christ Clemson sucks.

And with that, I am officially skipping and ignoring this year's national championship game because fuck the SEC.

Maybe I'll spend national championship game night playing my NCAA dynasty instead.

As it stands now, I really don't have any reason to watch the game. In addition to hating Alabama I am STILL in the camp that Alabama should NOT have been in the playoff, regardless of their victory. It makes a mockery of the whole concept of conference championships.
      CLW -
      I was at the Rose Bowl and it felt like an Epic game in the stands no idea how well it came across on TV. OU went down the only way I thought they could lose in a wild shoot out where the lack of defense just finally burnt them.
      CLW -
      BTW - looks like the banned RAM is the winner. Interesting.....
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      BTW - looks like the banned RAM is the winner. Interesting.....
      So I take that makes you the winner by default as the highest non-banned finisher?

And amazing he somehow managed to finish on top of this. Must have gotten tired of my bitchslapping him in the NFL Pick Em for the last three straight years. For as much as he claimed to know about the NFL being "rigged", he sure sucked massively at picking NFL games over the course of a season.

jaymo76 -
      I was at the Rose Bowl and it felt like an Epic game in the stands no idea how well it came across on TV. OU went down the only way I thought they could lose in a wild shoot out where the lack of defense just finally burnt them.
      It was one heck of a game to watch on TV!
      CLW -
      LOL Ram is talkin' smack on the ESPN page
      SmoothPancakes -
      LOL Ram is talkin' smack on the ESPN page
      Time to go knock him down a peg.
      cdj -
      We will have to evaluate the process once bowl season is officially over. We didn't foresee or think someone banned would win an event pick 'em.
      cdj -
      With UCF claming to be a "National Champion" before waiting for an actual outlet to proclaim them as such, Tulane is now retroactively producing 1998 National Champion t-shirts for their undefeated season. I hope UCF is proud of what they've started.
      souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      With UCF claming to be a "National Champion" before waiting for an actual outlet to proclaim them as such, Tulane is now retroactively producing 1998 National Champion t-shirts for their undefeated season. I hope UCF is proud of what they've started.
      🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      You know what, I actually love like these moves! If Alabama and Texas A&M and others can arbitrarily claim national championships just because some random poll (out of like 50 at the time) had them ranked #1 a hundred years ago, to hell with it, let these guys claim national titles. After all, UCF was the sole unbeaten team this year. Any other year in college football history, if a major team did that, they'd probably be claiming it too.