• NBA LIVE 18 Demo Arrives August 11 & More

In a series of videos showcasing the seven real-life streetball courts in the game, EA SPORTS has announced the NBA LIVE 18 demo will be available on Friday, August 11. No further information on the demo were made available at this time.

In a new area of the official product website, more on 'The Streets' aspect of 'The One' mode were disclosed. Users can participate in Live Events (appearing similar to the temporary challenges/events found in LIVE Mobile), LIVE Run (competitive multiplayer games), and Pro-Am Tour (solo story and throwback challenges).

The seven real-life venues are Rucker Park, the Drew League, Venice Beach, The Crawsover, Dyckman Park, Barry Farms, and Chesashore Playground.

With the demo coming in 10 days from now, it seems relatively safe to assume the NBA LIVE mobile & facescanning app will be available on or before that date as well.

As of this writing, the game is still not appearing available for pre-order for both consoles on any major retailer website. If NBA LIVE 18 needs a big year to stay alive as some have assumed, it's going to need to begin a stronger marketing campaign targeting the masses and put itself into a position to be purchased.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: NBA LIVE 18 Demo Arrives August 11 & More started by cdj View original post
    Comments 19 Comments
      Rudy -
      Looking forward to it!
      cdj -
      If you have an account with the location set for New Zealand, the NBA LIVE 18 demo is now available.

I'm planning on playing and recording some videos tonight.
      Rudy -
      I have both kids in separate baseball tournaments this weekend for 9-10 games. My play time will be limited initially. Next week most of it is over.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      If you have an account with the location set for New Zealand, the NBA LIVE 18 demo is now available.

I'm planning on playing and recording some videos tonight.
      I still remember back in 2013 when Tiburon gave you a whole bunch of download keys for the full version of Live 14. That was awesome!
      bdoughty -
      Demo Time with NBA Live. This is where I get my enjoyment of the series. Some of the previous demos provided much laughter.

Rudy -
      Why do I have to create a my player guy and do that crap before I can actually play an NBA game. I don't care about that stuff at all. Annoying.
      bdoughty -
      Seems to be getting pretty positive feedback, even on Neogaf. Someone captured this gif which was a pretty neat animation where the player gets flipped over the defender.

JBHuskers -
      Yeah I'm really digging the physics, especially with the ball. With tips and coming off the rim, it's unique.
      cdj -
      Update 1.03 is now available for the demo. On PS4, it is only 84.02 MB and the Update History says only that it contains "minor bug fixes."
      cdj -
      Not sure which I enjoyed more here: the vicious screen or the crowd reaction to it.

Rudy -
      FInally played through the My Player stuff to unlock the NBA game. Played one game and enjoyed it. Felt like Live. Good control over players and not animation driven. I am bad at r-stick controls. Didn't break people down getting into the lane or use any cool post moves. Played with Warriors and started first quarter on default Pro. Was up by 10 after 1q so switched to all star and lost the game in the fourth. I was too 3 point shooting heavy.

A couple small negative things. I like the sideline cams but the EA broadcast camera was slow to keep up a few times. A long pass and I couldn't see the ball a couple times. The euro step animations look slow and clunky to me. Overall a fun game. Going to take Lebron next time and see if I can get to the hole better.
      Rudy -
      Rudy -
      I have to go to practice mode and work on my dribble moves. I find it hard to drive past my man with LeBron.

I read people complaining about making inside shots too easily. I'm not seeing this after two games. I see misses and lots of blocked shots too.

The game looks really good. I like the look. Not sure if I've seen many signature animations but I'm not a good judge of that either.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      The game looks really good. I like the look. Not sure if I've seen many signature animations but I'm not a good judge of that either.
      IMO, a lot of the sig stuff comes in signature dribbles (Curry has his behind the back in the game), shooting animations, body language (as shot goes up/their landing), celebrations, et al. Curry also has a sig floater, I believe.

Curry & Durant have some of the most of players in the demo, IMO.
      Rudy -
      Lebron with the kiss!

cdj -
      Thought this was a cool pic/comparison:

WTF posts a lot of great game screenshots and images. In fact, I would say he does what marketing should be doing for the title. EA has hit another big lull in promoting the title in a week when 2K is unloading their big guns and LIVE hits EA Access next week. They are going to have to start revving it back up again soon or all hype/traction that was established will be gone.
      Rudy -
      Wtf definitely helps a lot. The default opinion of the average gamer out there is Live is bad, 2K is the greatest ever. I frequent a Canadian forum on video game deals and when someone announced Walmart as having the game at $50C (a few extra bucks off) I see people still posting the Jesus video from Elite for crying out loud. The cheap preorder price is a good start along with the demo. Hopefully it sells well enough to continue. Sports games are better with competition to push them.

Personally I will pick this game up around Christmas. While there is still a chance I buy it on reduced price early, I'm still playing For Honor, The Show and have Mordor and AC Origins coming in October. I only have so much time to game.
      cdj -
      Patch update 1.05 now available:

cdj -
      Patch update 1.06 now available. It adds two new teams (Boston & Houston), includes updated rosters (Kyrie in BOS, IT & Crowder in CLE, et al.), and also some visual updates (new hair for Derrick Rose).

Some screens: