• NCAA Football 11 - Offensive Styles

Check out the latest video from EA Sports above in regards to the Offensive Styles.

Comments 9 Comments
      Kwizzy -
      Guys who went to the CD,

Once a Blog is released on 120 ways to win, will you be able to give us a good idea of how in depth they were able to get with this feature? How distinctly different are different offenses with the same "style"?
      JBHuskers -
      Yeah I'm sure there is going to be a blog detailing different aspects of the tagline "120 Ways to Win" .... once a blog is out, we'll definitely be able to expand on what they say.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
      Guys who went to the CD,

Once a Blog is released on 120 ways to win, will you be able to give us a good idea of how in depth they were able to get with this feature? How distinctly different are different offenses with the same "style"?
      There should be a Playbook blog and one on Offensive Styles + no-huddle which will explain the biggest part of it.
      Rudy -
      I'm looking forward to hearing about playbook improvements - both offense and defense.
      Solidice -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      I'm looking forward to hearing about playbook improvements - both offense and defense.
      same here. I'm hope that shovel passes could make it in the game this year.

I also wonder how close they follow the teams that have coaching changes in the off-season. like Texas Tech. pretty much every coach was replaced, offense will mostly stay the same(should be same playbook + any "new" plays like shovel passes, etc..), but the new OC(Neal Brown) plans on running a very fast no-huddle offense with it, saying that he wants to run 100+ plays a game. I think some of the players refer to it as the Nascar offense. :p

defensively, Texas Tech is supposedly switching over to a 3-4 defense with James Willis now the DC.

while I can easily set this myself when I play as TTU, just wonder if EA is watching that close to teams that are not as popular as most.
      Rudy -
      It would be great if the coach and his strategy were part of the roster file. That way you could edit names and schemes and all be part of a roster download.
      gschwendt -
      Regarding new offenses at schools, I will say that Anthony White (the playbook guy) tries to keep up-to-date on whats going on with different teams. For example, at Community Day he knew about Arkansas State's shuffling OCs (fired returning one, hired a replacement in December, he was hired away to USC, so we hired Hugh Freeze away from SJSU in February). He already had notes about Freeze's offense (granted White is from Memphis where Freeze is from) and what to expect out of them. He had a decent idea of how their offense would appear in the game and from the way he described it, it sounded about right.
      texacotea -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Regarding new offenses at schools, I will say that Anthony White (the playbook guy) tries to keep up-to-date on whats going on with different teams. For example, at Community Day he knew about Arkansas State's shuffling OCs (fired returning one, hired a replacement in December, he was hired away to USC, so we hired Hugh Freeze away from SJSU in February). He already had notes about Freeze's offense (granted White is from Memphis where Freeze is from) and what to expect out of them. He had a decent idea of how their offense would appear in the game and from the way he described it, it sounded about right.
      This is good especially with all the shuffling around that goes on in college football. at what point will they not be able to make any updates to the game?
      iceman808 -
      so one guy is keeping track of all the offensives? cause Hawaiis playbook has never been right also i would love to have the shovel pass in this game cause hawaii was know for it When june jones was running the offense but we run it once in a great while now that Rolo is calling the plays.........