• Madden NFL 18 Unveils Story Mode "Longshot" at EA Play 2017

During EA Play 2017, Madden NFL 18 revealed "Longshot", the first story mode to be a part of the Madden NFL franchise.

Longshot is led by an impressive cast: J.R. Lemon (The Night Shift) as Devin Wade, Mahershala Ali (The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, House of Cards, Moonlight) as his father Cutter Wade, Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights) as his friend Colt Cruse, and Dan Marino (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective) who will serve as Devin's mentor. It also includes Chad Ochocinco and NFL coaches & players.

In development for the last four years, the mode will play out as an interactive movie with influence from the Telltale Games series. There is no hub or in-mode interface for users, but rather the player will go straight from cutscene(s) to gameplay. Users will play high school, college, combine, 7v7, et al. but will not play as Wade in an NFL game. Once the mode ends, users will receive rewards and content for use in Madden Ultimate Team.

Worth noting in the trailer is the inclusion of college football teams, namely the Oregon Ducks and Texas Longhorns. As of this time, it is unknown if additional college teams will be the mode and if the user will be able to spend significant time playing as either.

(Sidenote: How or why did EA pick these two schools? Neither the Longhorns or Ducks are represented by the Collegiate Licensing Company. Texas left the CLC in 2005 and signed a ten-year deal with 289c Apparel as their official master licensee for retail needs. Oregon signed a seven-year partnership with Fermata Partners to serve as the University’s first-ever trademark licensing agency in 2014. This leads to a series of questions of which we may never know the answer: Did part of the NCAA Football settlement restrict deals between EA & the CLC? Is it easier to reach a deal with schools not part of the CLC? Is there bad blood between EA and the CLC? Does this begin the road towards the return of NCAA Football and college gaming?)

Continue on to see the Longshot trailer and cast descriptions.

MEET THE CAST

DEVIN WADE

This forgotten college star, played by JR Lemon, returns home to pursue his dreams and find football redemption.

CUTTER WADE

Played by Academy Award-winning actor Mahershala Ali, Cutter was once a great athlete who dedicated his life to Devin and their shared passion for football.

COLT CRUISE

Played by Scott Porter, this happy-go-lucky jokester is a fiercely loyal friend who cares about Devin’s shot in the NFL as much as his own.

DAN MARINO

One of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, Marino serves as Devin’s mentor who doesn’t always play by the rules.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Madden NFL 18 Unveils Story Mode "Longshot" at EA Play 2017 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 24 Comments
      bdoughty -
      bdoughty -
      I figured it was OS or Gaf but I got a good laugh when I saw this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=145

Please go to the OT and post in a political forum. I just want to see how many posts it would take for you to get banned. I would go with 10 posts or less.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Saw some interesting posts today at other sites saying that EA has stopped Amazon from selling pre-orders of physical copies of their games due to the 20% off and release day delivery with Amazon Prime. Went and checked and sure enough only digital only shows up in the searches.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmm......
      Is EA the only one doing this?

I may have overlooked it, but last night I noticed only digital copies of NBA 2K18 as well - not physical. I *thought* the disc version was available previously, but maybe not.

EDIT - Seeing digital only for WWE 2K18 as well.
      Rudy -
      Wow. If Amazon doesn't have release day delivery then Prime for me isn't as valuable. The video game discount is what I like most about it. I did notice Madden did not have a good sale on it for the E3 sale so I didn't bother with Madden. I am still completely underwhelmed this year.