• First Madden NFL 18 Info: Release Date, Game Info, & Versions

Amazon's product listing for Madden NFL 18 provides the community's first information regarding the game.

The standard version of the game will release on August 25, with those who pre-order the 'g.o.a.t.' Edition able to play on August 25.

Among the early game info/features revealed: M18 will be powered by the Frostbite Engine and Play Now Live will allow users to play that week's NFL match-ups.

Gameplay improvements include target passing, three play style options (Arcade, Simulation, Competitive), coverage assignment options, and coach adjustments.

Continue on to see the official game info and description courtesy Amazon.

• Powered by Frostbite - Madden Like You've Never Seen Before
    • Play Now Live - Play the best real world NFL match ups each week
    • Target passing; Play Styles: Arcade, Simulation, Competitive; Coverage Assignment, Coach Adjustments
    • Favorite Ways To Play MUT and Franchise

"Madden nfl 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of nfl game day come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before. Pre-order today and receive up to $50 in additional value including three days early, full game access to Madden nfl 18: g.o.a.t. Edition. Start building your dynasty on day one with one of five Elite g.o.a.t. players, an Elite Player from your favorite nfl team, 12 Squad Packs, 2500 contracts and one uniform pack in Madden nfl 18 Ultimate Team, the complete nfl team-building mode where you build, play and win with your ultimate team of today's nfl superstars and legends."
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First Madden NFL 18 Info: Release Date, Game Info, & Versions started by cdj View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      skipwondah33 -
      Please no to the Coach Adjustments if it's anything like NCAA's set it and forget it system was of Aggressive, Balanced or Conservative.

Love to hear more specifically regarding how Target Passing will work. Especially if it is how I envision of being able to throw to a targeted area or spot..pylon, and not just directly at the WR.

Simulation mode and Coverage assignments, definitely would love to get that back in the game.
      Rudy -
      The passing target interests me. Coverage assignments would be nice. I've been frustrated the last two years with this game. I need to see some nice improvements if I pick this up again.
      cdj -
      bdoughty -
      Oh Tom, what were you thinking.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/madd...owski-its-real

bdoughty -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      this is Madden like you've never seen before.
      CLW -
      Is it just me or is it "telling" that we are basically 2 months out from release and little to no info actually exists about this year's "improvements"/changes?

Best I can tell there is a movie mode 3 on 3 MUT and that's about it other than some vague reference to a new ability to control your passes more.
      Rudy -
      It doesn't sound like there are major improvements. In doubt there is a demo this year either. Just EA Access.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      It doesn't sound like there are major improvements. In doubt there is a demo this year either. Just EA Access.
      Not even a blip on my radar this year. Madden has killed video game football for me. The game still boasts the worst immersion in sports games. It's sad really...
      Rudy -
      Madden will always be a blip on my radar. I bought it last year when I got it for $30 off on an E3 sale. No great deal this time as I probably would have bought it at that price even as a rental. My biggest disappointment was War of the Shadow was supposed to come out late August and got pushed back. Probably not getting Madden this year. Looking more forward to NBA Live.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Patrick3 View Post
      [emoji19]