• MLB The Show 17 - Game Update 1.03 Now Available

MLB The Show 17 has released game update 1.03. This update addresses gameplay, uniform, and functionality issues.

Among the most notable improvements include online gameplay fixes, adding in names to the back of the Tigers' road uniforms, as well as rectifying issues with year to year saves and message handling.

Continue on to see the released patch notes from Sony San Diego.

* Online gameplay fixes and improvements (both in menus and in the field)
    - Time outs, bullpen and substitution menus.
    - Pausing/unpausing at the same time as your opponent.
    - Double switching and pinch hitters/runners.
    * Detroit Tigers road uniform name fixed.
    * Year to year save fixes and message handling.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: MLB The Show 17 - Game Update 1.03 Now Available started by cdj View original post
    Comments 8 Comments
      steelerfan -
      Lol. Everyone was insistent that the Tigers uniforms wouldn't be fixed. Their reasons for saying so were based purely in conjecture and trying to read between the lines. (Posters at OS)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
      Rudy -
      That isn't true. SDS tweeted at the question about fixing the Tigers uniforms and they said they don't patch art assets. Maybe this wasn't an art asset to fix the names or maybe they caved to a blunder. But they hinted it wouldn't be fixed right after.

steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      That isn't true. SDS tweeted at the question about fixing the Tigers uniforms and they said they don't patch art assets. Maybe this wasn't an art asset to fix the names or maybe they caved to a blunder. But they hinted it wouldn't be fixed right after.

I saw that but always figured it was someone at SDS talking out of turn. Uniforms are not "huge art assets" and they have fixed them in the past. I guess I always just figured that there was a bug that was causing the names to not be displayed and not that the code for them to be displayed didn't exist. (ie relatively easy fix compared to adding it in or re-making the jerseys from scratch)

Regardless, it's good that it's been addressed. ☺
      jaymo76 -
      My wife and I got in a fight... she apologized the next day by picking up this game for me.

I'm glad she did. It really is a great game. Right now I'm starting a new RTTS as a Closing Pitcher. More details to follow...
      Rudy -
      I need to get in more fights with my wife! But she has never picked me up a video game to make up lol.
      cdj -
      Another patch coming out in the morning....
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Another patch coming out in the morning....
      Any details yet?
      cdj -
      Not that I have run across. Here is what they shared on Twitter: