• EA Play 2017 - June 10-12, 2017

EA Play 2017 will take place June 10-12 from Hollywood, California. At this event, fans will learn about upcoming titles such as Star Wars Battlefront II, the next Need for Speed title, Madden NFL 18, EA SPORTS FIFA 18, and NBA LIVE 18.

EA Play began in 2016 when the company, Electronic Arts, decided to hold their own event around the same timeframe as the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). This change allowed them to standout from the gluttony of gaming news that emerged at once, while also giving them more freedom (or control, depending on your point of view) for presentations, media & public access, etc.

If you plan on being in the area, tickets will be available beginning April 20. EA plans to announce details on the ticketing process relatively soon. As an aside, E3 takes place just days later, June 13-15 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Continue on to read the first information on EA Play straight from EA SPORTS.

Hello Players!

We've had a lot of fun conversations over the past couple of months about what you're looking forward to seeing at EA PLAY. We're all hard at work putting together a great event for everyone, and we're excited to share today a little more about some of the games you can expect to see in June.

So let's get to it. From June 10 - 12, players joining us in Hollywood will get hands on with the next Star Wars™ Battlefront and Need for Speed™ experiences. You'll also get your first chance to play many of our upcoming EA SPORTS™ titles: Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18 and NBA LIVE 18. This isn't all, by the way...and we'll have more to share in the coming months.

Beyond the hands-on experience in Hollywood, we have an extensive content program for our players joining us online. Throughout the three-day event we will be providing you with detailed gameplay deep dives, competitive events and exclusive interviews with the development teams. So whether you're experiencing EA PLAY in-person or watching online, be sure to join us starting June 10.

If you are planning to make your way to Hollywood, circle April 20, 2017 at 9:00 am PST on your calendar. We will be opening up tickets to the public at that time, and we'll be providing more details in the coming weeks on how the ticketing process will work.

We will have a lot more to share soon about all you'll experience at EA PLAY this year, and are looking forward to hearing more from you about what you want to see.

Until then, stay up to date on all things EA and EA PLAY by following us on Twitter (@EA).

Link
    This article was originally published in forum thread: EA Play 2017 - June 10-12, 2017 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 53 Comments
      CLW -
      A Way Out looked really good.
      cdj -

CLW -
      So.... who wants to be my "friend" to play this game.
      JBHuskers -
      Dude! That game looks amazing...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Dude! That game looks amazing...

Yep. Could be a coop naughty dog like adventure. I'm DEFINITELY intrigued.
      CLW -
      Live has 0% chance they should just give it up
      CLW -
      Man the crowd at this conference must all be drugged or they think they are in a library.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Man the crowd at this conference must all be drugged or they think they are in a library.
      I dunno it's pretty loud in here.

CLW -
      wow EA just showed a PS logo its like they just learned there is another console out there with 2x the user base.
      cdj -
      Agreed. It is mic'd up terribly. Sounds like a morgue at the end of most clips.
      CLW -
      this star wars demo has gone on for WAY too long..........
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      Agreed. It is mic'd up terribly. Sounds like a morgue at the end of most clips.
      It's not a HUGE venue either...

cdj -
      this star wars demo has gone on for WAY too long..........
      Yep. Game looks great, going to get it....but they are losing me.

It would appear an NBA LIVE 18 multiplayer demo up next since it cut into the Star Wars segment at the start.
      JBHuskers -
      They were competing behind me lol

CLW -
      i'm just amazed how EA was basically the only games i played as a kid and now most of their stuff i'm just meh about.

potentially very excited about A Way Out.

battlefront looked the same too me which is a decent rental and the sports games haven't changed/improved in years.
      CLW -
      EA's conferences REALLY SUCK.

The flow is AWFUL and their games are so....... wide their audiences do not overlap much.

They'd probably be better off breaking it up and having a EA Sports show and then an everything else show (neither has to be at E3)
      cdj -
      I think your idea about an EA SPORTS show and a EA show is a good one. As is, the sports titles get more exposure now, but they do not go in-depth at all. Lots of great features & hard work by the teams does not get a chance to shine.
      cdj -
      As of now, the games that stood out to me (most excited for) are:

NBA LIVE 18
      Madden NFL 18
      Battlefront II
      Need for Speed Payback
      A Way Out

Could always change as more info comes out, but some good stuff shown today.
      jaymo76 -
      i'm just amazed how EA was basically the only games i played as a kid and now most of their stuff i'm just meh about.

potentially very excited about A Way Out.

battlefront looked the same too me which is a decent rental and the sports games haven't changed/improved in years.
      I feel the same way.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      As of now, the games that stood out to me (most excited for) are:

NBA LIVE 18
      Madden NFL 18
      Battlefront II
      Need for Speed Payback
      A Way Out

Could always change as more info comes out, but some good stuff shown today.
      I'm almost exactly the opposite.

1. A Way Out - i'm hoping this is a Naughty Dog esque story with coop
      2. Need for Speed Payback - probably rental for me
      3. Battlefront II - story mode has me intrigued in going from rental to potential buy
      4. Madden - all i've seen is they added the FIFA story mode to the same game
      5. Live - they are never going to surpass 2K and there just aren't enough potential customers out there for 2 games to really succeed so its going to flop and most likely get cancelled at some point.