• EA Play 2017 - June 10-12, 2017

EA Play 2017 will take place June 10-12 from Hollywood, California. At this event, fans will learn about upcoming titles such as Star Wars Battlefront II, the next Need for Speed title, Madden NFL 18, EA SPORTS FIFA 18, and NBA LIVE 18.

EA Play began in 2016 when the company, Electronic Arts, decided to hold their own event around the same timeframe as the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). This change allowed them to standout from the gluttony of gaming news that emerged at once, while also giving them more freedom (or control, depending on your point of view) for presentations, media & public access, etc.

If you plan on being in the area, tickets will be available beginning April 20. EA plans to announce details on the ticketing process relatively soon. As an aside, E3 takes place just days later, June 13-15 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Continue on to read the first information on EA Play straight from EA SPORTS.

Hello Players!

We've had a lot of fun conversations over the past couple of months about what you're looking forward to seeing at EA PLAY. We're all hard at work putting together a great event for everyone, and we're excited to share today a little more about some of the games you can expect to see in June.

So let's get to it. From June 10 - 12, players joining us in Hollywood will get hands on with the next Star Wars™ Battlefront and Need for Speed™ experiences. You'll also get your first chance to play many of our upcoming EA SPORTS™ titles: Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18 and NBA LIVE 18. This isn't all, by the way...and we'll have more to share in the coming months.

Beyond the hands-on experience in Hollywood, we have an extensive content program for our players joining us online. Throughout the three-day event we will be providing you with detailed gameplay deep dives, competitive events and exclusive interviews with the development teams. So whether you're experiencing EA PLAY in-person or watching online, be sure to join us starting June 10.

If you are planning to make your way to Hollywood, circle April 20, 2017 at 9:00 am PST on your calendar. We will be opening up tickets to the public at that time, and we'll be providing more details in the coming weeks on how the ticketing process will work.

We will have a lot more to share soon about all you'll experience at EA PLAY this year, and are looking forward to hearing more from you about what you want to see.

Until then, stay up to date on all things EA and EA PLAY by following us on Twitter (@EA).

Link
    This article was originally published in forum thread: EA Play 2017 - June 10-12, 2017 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 53 Comments
      cdj -
      The stream is now interviewing cast of Madden NFL 18 Longshot, which is pretty cool. However, there's no set schedule now for what -if any - games are coming up next, which is frustrating.
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      The stream is now interviewing cast of Madden NFL 18 Longshot, which is pretty cool. However, there's no set schedule now for what -if any - games are coming up next, which is frustrating.
      Yep which is FRUSTRATING to their consumers. Say I'm only interested in Starwars or that A Way Out game - why should I be forced to sit through all this sports stuff i know EA makes sports games.

Vice versa - say i only care about sports why should i have to sit through 1 hour of shooters to learn that nothing has changed in madden other than the fifa story mode.
      cdj -
      A schedule or ticker on the side/bottom of what is coming up next would be great. Almost feels like interview now is stalling to kill time; maybe not though.
      CLW -
      A schedule or ticker on the side/bottom of what is coming up next would be great. Almost feels like interview now is stalling to kill time; maybe not though.
      Yeah I'm really ONLY interested in A Way Out info right now but its on in the background as noise why they talk about story modes in their sports games masking the lack of any improvements to the gameplay.
      JBHuskers -
      Just played MUT Squads and took down the mighty Rex Dickson and two others 20-7

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      Just played MUT Squads and took down the mighty Rex Dickson and two others 20-7

You let that BUM Rex score? Wow JB I don't think I would have posted that proudly.
      CLW -
      Rudy -
      How much money does a Youtuber like Francis make?
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      How much money does a Youtuber like Francis make?
      I know a YouTuber that has over a million subscribers that makes at least $120k a year.

JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Live has 0% chance they should just give it up
      Not with what I played.

Also the general public at EA Play was really impressed with Live too.

Is it going to reach 2K levels? No, but I think it will be able to stand on its own this year.
      JBHuskers -
      As of now, the games that stood out to me (most excited for) are:

NBA LIVE 18
      Madden NFL 18
      Battlefront II
      Need for Speed Payback
      A Way Out

Could always change as more info comes out, but some good stuff shown today.
      For me it was:

Battlefront II
      NBA LIVE 18
      A Way Out (would be higher if co-op wasn't forced)
      Madden NFL 18
      Need For Speed Payback (need to see more, but had fun playing with what they showed)
      Rudy -
      Can you say anything about Maddens gameplay and frostbite engine JB that stood out in a different and positive way?
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      Can you say anything about Maddens gameplay and frostbite engine JB that stood out in a different and positive way?
      Didn't get a ton of time with Madden. Only a half or so, nothing negative stood out, and nothing seemed drastically different, so I would say that is a plus on a small sample.