• EA Play 2017 - June 10-12, 2017

EA Play 2017 will take place June 10-12 from Hollywood, California. At this event, fans will learn about upcoming titles such as Star Wars Battlefront II, the next Need for Speed title, Madden NFL 18, EA SPORTS FIFA 18, and NBA LIVE 18.

EA Play began in 2016 when the company, Electronic Arts, decided to hold their own event around the same timeframe as the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). This change allowed them to standout from the gluttony of gaming news that emerged at once, while also giving them more freedom (or control, depending on your point of view) for presentations, media & public access, etc.

If you plan on being in the area, tickets will be available beginning April 20. EA plans to announce details on the ticketing process relatively soon. As an aside, E3 takes place just days later, June 13-15 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Continue on to read the first information on EA Play straight from EA SPORTS.

Hello Players!

We've had a lot of fun conversations over the past couple of months about what you're looking forward to seeing at EA PLAY. We're all hard at work putting together a great event for everyone, and we're excited to share today a little more about some of the games you can expect to see in June.

So let's get to it. From June 10 - 12, players joining us in Hollywood will get hands on with the next Star Wars™ Battlefront and Need for Speed™ experiences. You'll also get your first chance to play many of our upcoming EA SPORTS™ titles: Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18 and NBA LIVE 18. This isn't all, by the way...and we'll have more to share in the coming months.

Beyond the hands-on experience in Hollywood, we have an extensive content program for our players joining us online. Throughout the three-day event we will be providing you with detailed gameplay deep dives, competitive events and exclusive interviews with the development teams. So whether you're experiencing EA PLAY in-person or watching online, be sure to join us starting June 10.

If you are planning to make your way to Hollywood, circle April 20, 2017 at 9:00 am PST on your calendar. We will be opening up tickets to the public at that time, and we'll be providing more details in the coming weeks on how the ticketing process will work.

We will have a lot more to share soon about all you'll experience at EA PLAY this year, and are looking forward to hearing more from you about what you want to see.

Until then, stay up to date on all things EA and EA PLAY by following us on Twitter (@EA).

Link
    This article was originally published in forum thread: EA Play 2017 - June 10-12, 2017 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 53 Comments
      Rudy -
      Are they doing this and e3 still?
      bdoughty -
      and we're excited to share today a little more about some of the games you can expect to see in June.
      E3 takes place June 13-15, 2017
      cdj -
      Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) announced today that EA PLAY 2017 in Hollywood will feature performances by the eight-time platinum recording artist Nas, DJ Green Lantern and Dave East. All three will perform on Saturday night, June 10th from 6-8pm PST, at the EA PLAY FanFest, one of the biggest pop culture events of the summer. The FanFest is at the heart of EA PLAY 2017, featuring more than 140 hands-on gaming stations where fans will be the first to play EA’s newest lineup of games including:

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II
      FIFA 18
      Madden NFL 18
      NBA LIVE 18
      The latest Need for Speed™ experience
      The Sims™ Mobile and The Sims™ 4
      Battlefield™ 1: In The Name of the Tsar
      New content from Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes and Titanfall 2
      Madden NFL Mobile
      NBA LIVE Mobile
      EA SPORTS™ FIFA on the Nintendo Switch

Widely celebrated as one of the greatest artists of all-time, Nas has received more than a dozen Grammy nominations since his debut album *Illmatic* in 1994. Joining the stage with Nas is DJ Green Lantern, a long-time DJ for some of hip hop's top artists, and Dave East whose mixtape *Kairi Chanel* hit the US Billboard 200 last year. These three artists will headline a lineup of musical talent that will perform each day at EA PLAY from June 10-12 at the Hollywood Palladium.

EA PLAY is open to the public and tickets are free. The FanFest schedule is:

Saturday June 10 from 4pm - 8pm
      Sunday June 11 from 12pm - 6pm
      Monday June 12 from 12pm - 5pm

For those that attend in-person at the Palladium in Hollywood, they can experience even more surprises. Each day of the show, the first 2000 fans that play Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II will receive a numbered, limited edition poster. On Sunday and Monday, the first 500 people to play Madden NFL 18 and EA SPORTS FIFA 18, will receive a free copy of Madden NFL 17 and FIFA 17 respectively.

For anyone joining digitally around the world, EA PLAY will come to life through a variety of different content including livestreams. From behind-the-scenes looks and developer interviews to in-depth gameplay walkthroughs and new gameplay footage, learn more about EA’s upcoming games and experiences directly from those behind them. EA is also empowering the creative storytelling of more than 300 of the best content creators in the community to develop their own unique way of sharing their gameplay impressions with their fans all over the world who love to watch them most.

Please visit http://www.ea.com/eaplay2017 to learn more about the event, and visit https://eaplay17.fishsoftware.com/public/ to get your free ticket. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more EA PLAY news and information.
      JBHuskers -
      I'm leaving for Hollywood in the morning!

If you want me to look at anything, gimme a holler and I'll try my best.

It's my first E3-like trip so not sure what to expect yet
      CLW -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      I'm leaving for Hollywood in the morning!

If you want me to look at anything, gimme a holler and I'll try my best.

It's my first E3-like trip so not sure what to expect yet
      #1 bring hand sanitizer and whatever you do, do NOT touch your eyes.
      bdoughty -
      Appreciate the offer but I already saw this unfold on TV.

If you see anything related to Tennis please pass on the details.
      cdj -
      Official press release heading into EA Play:

EA PLAY 2017: Tune Into “Live @ EA PLAY” To Get a First Look at Eight Games and More Surprises

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced today that “Live @ EA PLAY” will provide new looks and deep dives into its biggest games, new reveals and more. “Live @ EA PLAY” will also showcase the first live multiplayer match for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ called “Assault on Theed”. The match will utilize a prequel-era map and feature 40 of the biggest YouTube influencers in the world, including StoneMountain64. For the millions of fans who will not attend EA PLAY in Hollywood, EA’s show can be viewed from 12:00pm–1:30pm PT here.

“Live @ EA PLAY” will include the following blockbuster titles, as well as more surprises:

Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II – Featuring all Star Wars eras, a single player campaign and epic scale multiplayer battles, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II presents the most robust Star Wars game to date. The game is developed in partnership with three powerhouse studios: DICE, Motive™ Studios and Criterion™ Games, each with a rich background of creating award-winning games.

EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 – Powered by Frostbite™, EA SPORTS FIFA 18 blurs the line between the virtual and real worlds, bringing to life the heroes, teams, and atmospheres of the world’s game.

Madden NFL 18 – With Frostbite™, the spectacle of NFL gameday comes alive delivering photorealistic players, crowds and stadiums, and introduces an all-new mode to the Madden NFL franchise.

NBA LIVE 18 – Delivering gameplay innovations and a brand-new way to play with ‘The One’, NBA LIVE returns with an experience completely centered around a player’s individual journey.

Need for Speed™ Payback – This explosive adventure is filled with intense heist missions, high stakes car battles, epic cop pursuits and jaw dropping set pieces. It’s blockbuster gameplay never before seen from the series, fueled by a gripping story of betrayal and revenge. With Need for Speed Payback, it’s about building the perfect ride, getting behind the wheel and playing out an action driving fantasy.

Battlefield™ 1 – It's a Summer of Battlefield including the entry of the Russian Army and the biggest front of WW1 in Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar. Partake in the skirmishes of the Albion assault in a freezing archipelago and fight in the snow-covered ravines of the treacherous Lupkow Pass.

EXTENDED BROADCAST

Immediately following the press conference, on EA.com the livestream will continue until 3pm PT with a behind-the-scenes look at what’s happening in the FanFest at EA PLAY. The livestream will provide a closer look at five games – Star Wars™ Galaxy of Heroes, Need for Speed Payback, Madden NFL 18, FIFA 18 as well as a 64-person multiplayer match of the all-new Battlefield 1 map, Nivelle Nights.

FANFEST

EA PLAY 2017 is one of the biggest pop culture events of the summer. At the heart of EA PLAY is the FanFest, which will house more than 150 hands-on gaming stations. Here fans will be some of the first to play EA’s newest lineup of games.

On Saturday night, the multi-platinum Grammy®-nominated rapper Nas will headline a live performance with DJ Green Lantern and rapper Dave East. On Sunday, players will have a chance to get an autograph or take a selfie with NFL legend Barry Sanders. On Monday, from noon to 5pm PT, fans who play Star Wars Battlefront II and win their round will compete to win a free trip to Gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany and have a special experience with the Star Wars™ Battlefront II team. See the official rules at: https://www.ea.com/eaplay2017/star-w...official-rules

The FanFest is powered by the world’s most robust gaming systems including Xbox One, PlayStation®4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Nintendo Switch™, and PCs powered by Intel. The monitors are furnished by BenQ, the official monitor sponsor of EA PLAY. Hardware peripherals are provided by Logitech G, the exclusive hardware peripherals partner of EA PLAY.

EA PLAY is open to the public and tickets are free. The FanFest schedule is:

Saturday June 10 from 4pm - 8pm
      Sunday June 11 from 12pm - 6pm
      Monday June 12 from 12pm - 5pm

Please visit http://www.ea.com/eaplay2017 to learn more about the event. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more EA PLAY news and information.

The press release mentions a look at eight games, but only six are listed. Any guesses on the surprise two? I'm going with a new Sims title and perhaps a first look at UFC 3.
      Rudy -
      For Canadians Amazon.ca is doing some great deals during e3. Still hoping Shadow of War gets this but many games are $30 off for $49.99. Walmart is doing a lot of deals like this too.

So far deal list includes Red Dead 2, SW Battlefront 2, God of War, Days Gone, Spider-Man, COD, Destiny 2 (French,hoping for English soon) and more. Great deals if looking for disc copies.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazo...49-95-2105267/

For games I know both of my kids want and will play I will go digital but am preordering a bunch.
      JBHuskers -
      2nd row baby!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      JBHuskers -
      Got moved to the 6th row lol #NotCelebEnough

CLW -
      2nd row baby!

Got moved to the 6th row lol #NotCelebEnough

Should have brought your lawyer and raised a stink about racism, sexism, or some other ism/phobia.
      JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
      Should have brought your lawyer and raised a stink about racism, sexism, or some other ism/phobia.

cdj -
      EA Play starts in minutes. Watch it here:

CLW -
      Interesting that some universities signed off for the Madden story mode.
      CLW -
      EA REALLY should learn from Sony's format and get these guys with zero charisma off the stage.
      CLW -
      LMFAO did the youtube guy just choke up/cannot read or did his prompter go out?
      JBHuskers -
      EA REALLY should learn from Sony's format and get these guys with zero charisma off the stage.
      Get me up there!

JBHuskers -
      LMFAO did the youtube guy just choke up/cannot read or did his prompter go out?
      Promoter hiccuped they were right behind me lol

cdj -
      JBHuskers -
      My view