• Join the 2017 TGT Tournament Challenge Group

March Madness is upon us and that means it is time for the 2017 TGT Tournament Challenge on ESPN.com. It is free to join the group and the winner of the Tournament Challenge group will receive their choice of either a $20 PSN, XBL, or Nintendo card if they are not a site Donator. If a site Donator wins, they will receive a free game of their choosing (up to $60 value). (Must be Donator by March 22, 2017.)

Feel free to invite friends and family to join the group. The more, the merrier! Continue on for a direct link to the Tournament Challenge group and then share your Final Four predictions with the community.

In addition to the Men's Tournament Challenge group, there is also TGT groups for the Women's Tournament Challenge. There is no prize for that group, simply pride.

ESPN (Men's) Tournament Challenge - Winner receives choice of $20 PSN or XBL Card

Get in on the excitement of this year's NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Compete against other fans as you fill out a bracket and earn points for every correct pick! If you score the most points, you'll have a chance to win the grand prize of a $10,000 Amazon Gift Card and a trip to the 2017 Maui Invitational. Best of all, it's free to play and win. [Printable bracket available here - PDF]

Get in the action now! Group: The Gaming Tailgate

ESPN (Women's) Tournament Challenge

Get in on the excitement of this year's NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament. Compete against other fans as you fill out a bracket and earn points for every correct pick! Get a group together and earn plenty of bragging rights amongst your friends by winning it all. Best of all, it's free to play and win.

Get in the action now! Group: The Gaming Tailgate
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Join the 2017 TGT Tournament Challenge group & Tourney Discussion! started by cdj View original post
    Comments 56 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Also, an interesting fact, I was listening to ESPN Radio while driving home from work this morning. I have no clue who the hell it was on air, some guy and Mel Kiper (just searched Google, apparently a guy named Dari Nowkhah?) and while talking about the NCAA tournament, they talked about how Northwestern got its first ever tournament win.

Then this Dari guy asks Mel a trivia question that apparently there is only a single team left from the power conferences, (so think ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, etc) who has yet to win a NCAA tournament game after Northwestern got their first win the other day.

Out of every power conference team in college basketball, the only team that has yet to win a NCAA tournament, is our trio of overlords favorite, Nebraska!

In fact, turns out there was even an article about it from Omaha.com

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/n...71bb2369b.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      And Wisconsin just shafted millions of people!

All the pretty things are broken!

JBHuskers -
      Didn't shaft me! I picked it!

JBHuskers -
      Actually I have Wisconsin going to the Elite 8

cdj -
      Had a feeling Villanova would resort to their old ways of underachieving, but thought they'd go further than the second round.
      jaymo76 -
      I'm in great shape moving into the next round... as long as Kentucky can hold on.
      SmoothPancakes -
      And the blood bath continues, as Michigan screws me out of another Final Four team. My only remaining hopes are Arizona reaching the Final Four and North Carolina winning the whole damn tournament.

jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
      And the blood bath continues, as Michigan screws me out of another Final Four team. My only remaining hopes are Arizona reaching the Final Four and North Carolina winning the whole damn tournament.

My wife took Arizona to win it all. I'm riding Kentucky.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Well, I'm nearly fucked. North Carolina is playing like crap and losing to Arkansas with less than 3 minutes to go.

SmoothPancakes -
      Oh thank you baby Jesus. North Carolina goes on a 12-0 run over the last 3 minutes or so and pulls out a 72-65 win over Arkansas. My hopes and chances are still alive. On life support, but still alive nonetheless.

SmoothPancakes -
      Another potential upset in the making. Rhode Island leads Oregon 46-38 at halftime.

Even though my bracket is in full meltdown, if I can get my Rhode Island to the Sweet 16 pick to come true, I will still be happy after this weekend.

And after looking at the TGT group, myself and TigerJustin13 were the only two people to pick Rhode Island to make the Sweet 16. Now they really gotta pull this off!

SmoothPancakes -
      And those Rhode Island assholes let me down...

cdj -
      Rhode Island and Arkansas did everything but win the game. The refs down the stretch for UNC-Ark were not exactly the best I've ever seen.

Duke only up 1 with 15 min to go in second half versus mob boss Frank Martin & South Carolina.

Cincy up 4 on UCLA midway through first. Along with Alford (underachiever when picked to go far), have to think Ball might shoot them out of the tournament as he works to help his dad get that $1B shoe contract.
      bdoughty -
      cdj -
      - Happening way too often in the tournament, Michigan goes for a three when it only needed a two to win.

- West Virginia only down two to Gonzaga, but could/should be ahead. Do they not teach counting in WVU? They have gone to the hoop when trailing in numbers (1 on 2, 1 on 3) so many times and with little (seems like nothing) to show for it.
      bjrod9 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      - Happening way too often in the tournament, Michigan goes for a three when it only needed a two to win.

- West Virginia only down two to Gonzaga, but could/should be ahead. Do they not teach counting in WVU? They have gone to the hoop when trailing in numbers (1 on 2, 1 on 3) so many times and with little (seems like nothing) to show for it.
      Agree...Michigan should have driven in, they were not thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      cdj -
      West Virginia...
      SmoothPancakes -
      Well, I'm dead in the water. Literally my only remaining chance at correct picks and at any points are Kentucky winning tonight and North Carolina winning the whole tournament.

And with that, I fail to pull off the trifecta of the NFL Pick Em, Bowl Mania and Tourbament Challenge. Mathematically, I just can't find a way that I get Kentucky and UNC and yet still catch up to the top of the board. Too many teams left alive for those people that even if one pick loses tonight, they have another pick or three still alive to get them more points this weekend. It would take an impossible combination of results for me to catch up and yet have no one in the top 5 gain any further points.

jaymo76 -
      Who saw a South Carolina victory today? Wow! A team that was on nobody's radar is now in the final four. Now I need Kentucky to step up and pull off the upset.
      SmoothPancakes -
      And it comes down to four people.

Bjrod would win right now if North Carolina and Gonzaga both lose next weekend. To guarantee a win, he needs North Carolina to lose to Oregon.

CLW would win by 20 points over bjrod if Gonzaga beats North Carolina in the championship game. That is his only chance, if North Carolina loses in the Final Four, he won't have enough points to catch bjrod.

Myself and TigerJustin13 MUST have North Carolina win the entire tournament AND have South Carolina knock off Gonzaga in the Final Four to have any hope of passing bjrod and CLW and ending in a tie for first place.

Somehow, the impossible combination of wins and losses came to fruition for us thanks to South Carolina shocking the nation.