• MLB The Show 17 - PlayStation Blog: Franchise Mode & Player Quirks

After learning of Franchise Mode improvements such as Critical Situations, Player Lock, and Quick Manage coming to MLB The Show 17 in Monday's GameStop video, a new entry at the PlayStation Blog provides the first details on Player Quirks.

Based on this early information, Player Quirks appears to be similar to the 'Badge' system utilized in the NBA 2K series - a way to give players specific traits and skills beyond what ratings alone can provide.

More details on Player Quirks, Critical Situations, Quick Manage, and other Franchise Mode improvements are expected in this Thursday's MLB The Show 17 Twitch livestream. Continue on to read the Player Quirks excerpt from the PlayStation Blog.

And for all of you stat enthusiasts who want our MLB players to perform even more like they do in real-life, we’ve got one more thing for you, and that’s our newly introduced Player Quirks.

Quirks are very specific traits assigned to a player based on real-life data which give the player a bonus when triggered. As you can see in the screenshot above, Anthony Rizzo has the Breaking Ball Hitter quirk, which means he excels at hitting curves, sliders, and other breaking pitches. When you’re playing as Rizzo, you’ll want to look for breaking pitches to hammer, since you’ll get a hitting bonus when swinging at these types of pitches.

There are tons of different Quirks for both pitchers and position players, and in addition to changing the way you go about at-bats, we think they’ll also change the way you construct your roster.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: MLB The Show 17 - PlayStation Blog: Franchise Mode & Player Quirks started by cdj View original post
    Comments 4 Comments
      jaymo76 -
      http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/03/14...ations-feature

I have to say that this game is getting better and better. The quick manage and critical situations will move this to a most likely buy this spring.
      jaymo76 -
      http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/03/14...manage-feature

Steeler... check out the Houston Astros love in this video.
      steelerfan -
      Thanks for sharing, jaymo. I wish I had known about Quick Manage a week ago. I recently did a bunch of simming to get through my 2016 season since I only played 62 games.
      jaymo76 -

Intro stream to franchise mode. It's a 2 hour clip but has a lot of good stuff.