• First Look at Dream Team, 2016 USAB Team & MyTeam in NBA 2K17

NBA 2K17 has released the first in-game screens for this September's upcoming release.

They include a look at the 1992 USA Basketball Dream Team, the 2016 USA Basketball team, and the new look for MyTeam cards in 2K17.

Continue on to see these images as part of the first look at NBA 2K17 and then share your thoughts with the community.

1992 USA Basketball 'Dream Team' in NBA 2K17:

Comparison - 1992 USA Basketball 'Dream Team' Photo in Real Life:

Comparison - 1992 USA Basketball 'Dream Team' in NBA 2K13:

2016 USA Basketball Team in NBA 2K17:

Comparison - 2016 USA Basketball Team Photo in Real Life:

First Look at Redesigned MyTeam Cards in NBA 2K17. (Cards available for pre-order bonuses.)
    This article was originally published in forum thread: First Look at Dream Team, 2016 USAB Team & MyTeam in NBA 2K17 started by cdj View original post
    Comments 3 Comments
      cdj -
      - Is it possible to think the players look really good yet off, all at the same time? Something in the smiles/mouth movement is weird. I feel like despite scanning players, 2K really just assembles scanned parts onto in-game models (ala Mr. Potato Head). With older players, there is probably no (recent) scans, so it could be all sculpts which would be tougher to perfect. I really like how they copied real-life photos with in-game models. That was a nice touch.

- It's probably a coincidence, but isn't some of the font used in the new MyTeam image the same that NBA Live uses? ('MyTeam' and player names look to be the same as what EA uses for some of their menus/in-game text.) Unless it's a proprietary font (doubtful) this is either a coincidence or 2K not giving a damn.

bdoughty -
      Has anyone ever been able to produce a realistic looking Larry Bird? If I had no idea who the 92 Olympic team was I would swear that was Michael Rapaport.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
      Has anyone ever been able to produce a realistic looking Larry Bird? If I had no idea who the 92 Olympic team was I would swear that was Michael Rapaport.
      The NBA 2K13 Bird wasn't terrible, but you're right - Bird is generally off in basketball games. I'd almost say this 2K17 Bird is worse than 2K13 and NBA Live's; maybe the worst yet.