• E3 2016: June 14-16

E3 2016 takes place June 14-16, but developer and game information begins this weekend even outside of E3. Sunday, EA and Bethesda hold their press conferences with Microsoft, Ubisoft, and Sony kicking off E3 on Monday.

What games or possible reveals are you hoping to hear more of this week? Post your hopes and thoughts on the event(s) in the comments below with the community.

There may no television coverage of the event, but you can catch them all via livestreams. Continue on for a schedule of events and links to streams.

Sunday

12 PM ET - YouTube Live
    4 PM ET - EA Play
    10 PM ET - Bethesda
    11:30 PM ET - Twitch

Monday

12 PM ET - YouTube Live
    12 PM ET - Twitch
    12:30 PM ET - Microsoft
    2 PM ET - PC Gaming Show
    4 PM ET - Ubisoft
    9 PM ET - Sony

Tuesday

12 PM ET - Nintendo Treehouse Live
    1:30 PM ET - Twitch

Wednesday

1 PM ET - Nintendo Treehouse Live

Thursday

Media Coverage/Hubs:

bdoughty:

With the Xbox announcement things got a whole lot more interesting.

Things I am hoping to see, that have not been confirmed.

A Tennis Game
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Borderlands 3
    This article was originally published in forum thread: E3 Thread - June 14-16, 2016 started by bdoughty View original post
    Comments 294 Comments
      SmoothPancakes -
      Ubisoft about to start up.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Right out of the gates, we're starting with a dance number? I don't know if this supposed to be a tie in to DDR or something. I've very confused.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Ah! Just Dance 2017. That was one hell of a promo apparently, involving live dancers on stage.

JBHuskers -
      So I'm not missing much...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      SmoothPancakes -
      Just Dance 2017 coming to all consoles and PCs in October, coming to Nintendo DX in 2017.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      So I'm not missing much...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Not yet! I thought I had opened up the wrong Twitch stream first.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Ghost Recon Wildlands starting off the promos.

Aisha Tyler letting it roll this year, already dropped a fuck (this game blew your fucking minds last year) in the first 5 minutes. This gonna be good!
      SmoothPancakes -
      Nice! Start off with a helicopter chasing a car, a sniper taking out the driver of the car, then transition into a hint of the open worldness of the game.

Lead designer on stage talking about Columbia and coca. Giving a what if of if a Mexican druglord moved in, took over and turned Columbia into a narco state.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Set in an open world, can be played entirely solo or co-op (think along the lines of The Division).

Showing gameplay now. Ghosts are targeting a guy named El Pozolero, the guy who makes bodies disappear. Ghosts know he's in a certain region, but don't know exactly where. Ghosts have complete freedom to move and complete the mission as they desire, instead of it being forced on rails in certain areas.

They sneak into a house, get info on his location from a computer, then hitch a ride on a helicopter once of the teammates stole. Scoping out the location, realize it's gonna be tough, another player just joined up in game. Two players approaching on vehicle from the west while the two from the helicopter coming in from a different direction.

Tagging and sniping lookouts as they approach. Attacking from two different directions, one group entering the camp from the train station on the east side. Kill one guy while a train passes by.

They deploy a drone to see what's up ahead after stealthily taking out two guys in a room. Drone is highlighting a shit ton of guards, and eventually enters the roof a building to locate El Pozolero. The Ghosts are slowly and silently taking out guards while approaching the main building.

Sniping more guards while the others take them out with silenced pistols. One guy got spotted and El Pozolero is hauling ass in a white SUV. One Ghost took off chasing on a dirtbike. Two more just make it through a closing gate in a red truck. Last Ghost still in the camp steals a bike and takes off to join the chase after killing some guards in the camp.

El Pozolero keeps trying to ram the guys in the truck. Guy left back at camp tries to outrun a train to go back and get back to the chopper.

Holy shit, gas station just went up in explosions. The Ghosts finally get him stopped just as the guy in the chopper makes it to them. Cartel reinforcements arrive, gun battle ensues while the chopper takes to the air, flying off to a successful mission.

This game is gonna be fun!

SmoothPancakes -
      Ghost Recon Wildlands will be released on March 7, 2017.

Now onto a promo video for South Park: The Fractured but Whole.
      SmoothPancakes -
      Lmao! Classic South Park. Not much I can really explain, just showing some clips when you start the game, creating your character, Cartman telling the 'background" behind your superhero, an argument starting because you became a superhero after being traumatized by finding your dad fucking your mom, which apparently isn't a reason because "dude, everyone's dad fucked everyone's mom!".

Now showing off the combat.

SmoothPancakes -
      Now onto New York for The Division DLC.
      SmoothPancakes -
      In Underground, fighting against a dangerous threat underneath the streets of the city.

Every time you play, the threat is unique, so it will be different/change every time you play.

It comes out June 28th on Xbox and PC. August 2nd on PS4.

Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon and Rainbow 6 outfits for free in-game to celebrate Ubisoft's 30 years, you can get it through the Ubisoft Club.

Talking about the next expansion after Underground, Survival.

Showing a promo now for Survival, but it's rendered, not actual gameplay.

Not sure if it'll transition to the actual game, but never ending snow storm, everything covered in snow. Decreasing food, decreasing supplies. Guy trying to scavenge for food runs into a group of rioters, they see him, shoot at him, he takes off running. Rioters catch up to him, beat him with a bat, he's seemingly about to die, before other agents show up and mow the two rioters down.

The fuck? Someone with agent circles on him, shoots someone in the back, then is shown walking with a full face mask. Definitely wasn't set up to look like a good guy. Probably gonna be some super strength fucker you'll have to take on at some point in Survival.

SmoothPancakes -
      Now got a group of people in stage, going three on three, Red vs Blue teams, in Eagle Flight, being played in VR.

Apparently you play as falcons (or other raptors) and they were playing capture the flag, where the flag is a rabbit and you're trying to get it back to your nest or something. Interesting but odd game.

It'll be out for VR this fall.

Now transitioning to straight all out VR discussion.

Showing off a Star Trek VR game, with actors from various Star Trek series talking about playing the game and discussing what it's like playing it.

It's called Star Trek Bridge Crew, entirely built for VR.

SmoothPancakes -
      Now onto a promo showing a wheat field and a farm. A castle or some sort. The ground moving and now seemingly swallowing up things and opening up into massive chasms.

Now showing everything destroyed and lava in the distance. A staggered survivor stumbles forward for water, only to have something try to attack him from behind. Another approaches from high ground. All seemingly about to fight over a tiny stream of water. They initially put their weapons down like they're going to peacefully work together, only to end up fighting, starting a "millennium of conflict".

Fast forward through "a thousand years of war" with nonstop fighting by armies. Now seemingly back to the ancestors of the three original guys. All of a sudden an arrow flies out of nowhere and strikes one of them. Transition to Apollyon standing on a cliff nearby.

Ahh, it's For Honor. (I really need to keep up with games more often than just E3, I'd probably remember some of these much sooner. )

Now showing a gameplay video of a Viking campaign mission.

SmoothPancakes -
      Grow Home is now the topic of discussion. Or, at least a new game is.

Grow Up seems to be the title. Yep, Grow Up I what it's called. Coming out this August on Xbox, PS4 and PC.

SmoothPancakes -
      Apparently Trials and Blood Dragon have had a baby. According to two big guys in some seriously UGLY tiger stripe sweat suit like clothes.

It's called Trials of the Blood Dragon, and will be available on PS4, PC and Xbox One within the hour (after the end of the Ubisoft conference).

SmoothPancakes -
      Now we're talking about the Assassin's Creed movie.

The movie will be in theaters December 21st.

SmoothPancakes -
      And now onto Watch Dogs 2.

More stuff to hack, including apparently cars (even to the point of being able to control them). You can much more seamlessly going into co-op with friends and run into other Dedsec agents in the game.

SmoothPancakes -
      Watch Dogs 2 will have all DLC released on PS4 first before any other platform.

I have no idea if this was previously announced, but there will be a Watch Dogs movie. This guy from Sony says they apparently view it was an entire franchise similar to the Assassin's Creed franchise.

Another Watch Dogs promo/trailer. Hack everything and anything to help you!