• NHL 17 - "Vision" Trailer

Along with the NHL 17 cover vote, EA SPORTS has released a video detailing the developer's "vision" for this year's hockey title.

Legacy and establish your own unique legacy is the top theme emanating from the video. Among the new features briefly discussed or revealed in the clip are franchise relocation and the World Cup of Hockey. During the video narration, NHL 17 is being called by EA SPORTS as their "biggest and most exciting hockey game to date."

Continue on to see the NHL 17 'Vision' trailer, screenshots from the video, and then share your thoughts with the community.

From making that clutch save, to battling for that critical inch in front of the net, our focus is to make sure we’re improving gameplay in all three zones. Through deeper and more customisable experiences in our most popular modes, we’re creating new experiences that add up to our biggest and most exciting hockey game to date. No matter if you’re challenging a friend on the couch, or masterminding a team at the elite levels of competition, with NHL 17, you can shape your hockey legacy where it matters to you.

This article was originally published in forum thread: NHL 17 - "Vision" Trailer started by steelerfan View original post
    Comments 12 Comments
      steelerfan -
      Hopefully, "The Vision" includes BAGM Online.
      bdoughty -
      New international World Cup mode. Looks like less teams but the fact they actually touched this for the first time in 50 years has me excited.
      jaymo76 -
      I like the World Cup piece... BUT... they are not the official logos, hence no license.

I love the fact the relocation is back. By my count it looks like their are 12 pre-set locations. However, it's like Madden I guess. EA decides on the locations and you choose where you want to go.
      Hank -
      Found this on HFBoards:
      Whoa.. if you stop at the 47 second mark, it was a career mode thing with Vancouver and has a bunch of different aspects like facility ratings, new budgets and stuff. Check it out yourselves.

Facility Ratings:
      Concessions
      Team Store
      Parking Lot 1
      Club Seats

Owner personality:
      Spending
      Importance of Success
      Patience

All with ratings of 0-5 stars (Owner Personality+Facility Ratings)

Arena:
      Seating capacity
      Arena age

Budget:
      Player Salary Budget
      Arena Operations Budget
      Promotions Budget
      Marketing Budget

Also cool, "Gold Coach Trade In"
      That looks amazing. The best Franchise mode I've ever played was MVP2004. You could even set hotdog prices.

And I love how they added relocation. I hope they add expansion as well.

But the biggest news, gameplay wise, is battles in front of the net. Finally defencemen have more power to stop those cross-crease one-times that seemed impossible to prevent at times.
      I also liked hearing that they've worked on better AI in all three zones. Lets hope that there's some actual neutral zone pressure this time around.
      cdj -
      Our front page article contains some screens from the video.

Here is a look at the screen Hank references:

JBHuskers -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Hopefully, "The Vision" includes BAGM Online.
      I'm afraid that vision is probably going to be a mirage unfortunately.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      I'm afraid that vision is probably going to be a mirage unfortunately.
      Yep. Me too.
      Hank -
      Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
      Yep. Me too.
      I believe EA has addressed this in the past (for all their games) and they determined that a very small percentage of gamers utilized this mode.
      The argument against EA's decision is that perhaps if the mode wasn't so buggy, or had more tools, more people would use it.
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
      I believe EA has addressed this in the past (for all their games) and they determined that a very small percentage of gamers utilized this mode.
      The argument against EA's decision is that perhaps if the mode wasn't so buggy, or had more tools, more people would use it.
      My bad. I didn't realize that EA had removed their online franchise modes from every game. I didn't know that Madden didn't have a Connected Franchise anymore.

Perhaps we should start a thread to let everyone know that Connected Franchise will not be in Madden 17?
      steelerfan -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      I like the World Cup piece... BUT... they are not the official logos, hence no license.
      Those are the official logos, buddy.

jaymo76 -
      Ah. Okay I was going off hockey Canada but apparently they are not using the official logo for this tournament. As for the uniforms... HIDEOUS!!!! Plus I don't like the format. Team North America???

cdj -