• EA/NCAA Settlement Payments Begin

According to lawyers for the plaintiffs in the player likeness lawsuit versus the NCAA, Electronic Arts, and the CLC, settlement payments as part of the $60M settlement are beginning to go out this week.

Pre-tax amounts ranging from less than $100 to nearly $9,300 will go to eligible players per terms of the settlement with the NCAA granting eligibility waivers to any current player receiving money. In all, 24,900 checks will be issued with the average payment around $1,750.

Among the current collegiate players set to receive payment are Maryland DB Jarrett Ross, Central Florida QB Nick Patti and Oklahoma State WR Marcell Ateman. Some of the NFL players receiving checks will be Kirk Cousins, A.J. Green, and Clay Matthews.

For more, visit USA Today.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: EA/NCAA Settlement Payments Begin started by cdj View original post
    Comments 13 Comments
      souljahbill -
      baseballplyrmvp -
      So they take down the game, all for a measly $10k payout! Fuck Keller.
      gigemaggs99 -
      Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
      According to lawyers for the plaintiffs in the player likeness lawsuit versus the NCAA, Electronic Arts, and the CLC, settlement payments as part of the $60M settlement are beginning to go out this week.

Pre-tax amounts ranging from less than $100 to nearly $9,300 will go to eligible players per terms of the settlement with the NCAA granting eligibility waivers to any current player receiving money. In all, 24,900 checks will be issued with the average payment around $1,750.

Among the current collegiate players set to receive payment are Maryland DB Jarrett Ross, Central Florida QB Nick Patti and Oklahoma State WR Marcell Ateman. Some of the NFL players receiving checks will be Kirk Cousins, A.J. Green, and Clay Matthews.

For more, visit USA Today.

Maybe they can purchase a copy of NCAA and a video game system with those funds.
      jaymo76 -
      This whole situation disgusts me. You get a free university education, a cheque for a couple hundred bucks and in the process end a video game beloved by millions.
      baseballplyrmvp -
      Someone needs to reach out to some big name, who then goes off on this outcome.

They key point to nail home...this game ended, all for a whole bunch of someones to get at most a $10,000 check. Was it worth it?
      gschwendt -
      Here's the full stream of 5 tweets:
      Spoiler: show

souljahbill -
      Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
      Here's the full stream of 5 tweets:
      Spoiler: show

It's beautiful
      JBHuskers -
      I hope Keller and O'Bannon are forever tormented by fans for the HUGE 4-figure payday they got.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
      souljahbill -
      McElroy probably shouldn't have said that he's playing as himself (technicality) but the gist of it is what most people feel.

And I don't need accurate rosters to enjoy the game. Give me the schools, stadiums, uniforms, atmosphere, etc. and I'm good. LSU's stud RB could be a white dude named Jack Jackson for all I care.
      Rudy -
      I want accurate rosters. I never started a dynasty until I had one I could download. But the NCAA is looking into allowing sponsorship so maybe this can open the door.
      gschwendt -
      jaymo76 -
      Anyway you slice it this game is still YEARS away from returning, if ever. Plus what form will it come back in? Power 5 conferences only? Generic Bowls? Some major schools (aka OSU) opting out? In addition, consider how out of date the game (NCAA 14 now is). Remember how many years it took to get the game back to "our" standards when it went to PS4/360.

IF we get the game back, I will be ecstatic but I'm just not sold that we will truly get back the great game we once had.
      Rudy -
      The game has been in moth balls for 3 years and will remain there until they can legally do something. They can probably port over all the dynasty logic and use the Madden engine for many things but we are probably years away. I wonder if we'll ever see it on this generation of consoles.