• MLB The Show 16 - Presentation & Commentary Livestream

The latest weekly MLB The Show 16 livestream focused on highlighting improvements to presentation and commentary. Joined by Community Manager Ramone Russell, developers Kirby St. John & Michael Compton showcased some of the changes for almost 90 minutes on Twitch.

Three broadcast display packages (scorebug, other graphics) to help give the feel of national or regional coverage, based upon the team. Commentary has been improved with 14,000+ newly recorded lines and also the 'memory' to remember storylines, stats, records, and in-progress action in order to resume discussion when action warrants a breakaway.

Continue on to watch the archive of the stream and to see notes on the presentation & commentary improvements coming to the game.

Some of the most-noteworthy additions/improvements:

- Three broadcast display packages.
    - Hybrid Presentation Mode: New default. Middle-ground between fast-play and broadcast.
    - Stream-lined 'Inside the Show' radio show to spped up the experience.
    - Dynamic, context-driven "set-up" commentary.
    - Improved memory in commentary & commentary logic.
    - 20 umpire personalities & referenced by commentary.
    - New Home Run Derby format included.
    - The Bluejays' Jose Bautista will have his 2015 ALDS Game Five home run bat flip in the game.

This article was originally published in forum thread: MLB The Show 16 - Presentation & Commentary Livestream started by cdj View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      JBHuskers -
      I have seen enough and it's been a couple of years, so I am preordering it
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
      I have seen enough and it's been a couple of years, so I am preordering it
      I want to but lack of pennies as per usual. Game looks good but a 2nd commentary team is crucial!!!