• Madden NFL 16 Game Update 1.09 Now Available

A new game update is now available for Madden NFL 16. While the studio has not posted a detailed list of improvements found in game update 1.09, today's MUTcast shared some information.

The most noteworthy fix finds the RG always looking inside-out for blocking assignments to help prevent B-gap nano-blitzes. The game update also addresses other bugs (EX: FG Block glitch) and stability fixes.

With Madden NFL investing in e-sports, it is imperative that the game continually monitor and address any gameplay exploits. Late-season game updates

Continue on to watch a segment from the MUTcast where game developers discuss the patch.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Madden NFL 16 Game Update 1.09 Now Available started by cdj View original post
    Comments 10 Comments
      skipwondah33 -
      Will have link once I can find it

Madden patch 1.09 is available now with some pretty big changes to the core gameplay experience. The Madden team discussed the patch on a Twitch stream today, here are some highlights.

A fix is in to prevent multiple nano-blitzes using the B-Gap. The RG will now always look inside to outside for blocking assignments.

• The 'playcalling/pause' freeze is fixed (where you lose input data and have to dashboard).
      • Untimed downs will occur at the right times (this also fixes the FG Block glitch).
      • A rare bug where QB sacks were creating a stopped clock has been fixed.
      • User QBs will now get less of an accuracy penalty on All Madden difficulty level.
      • Patch notes also mention general stability improvements (aka less freezes).
      cdj -
      Patch discussion from today's MUTCast.

jaymo76 -
      Surprised to see a patch this late. 6 months from the next release and still patching the game... It's good to see I guess but I tuned this game off months ago so it doesn't impact me at all. Maybe with the game in the Access vault they feel an obligation to keep it up to date???
      CLW -
      Did they ever completely fix the issue in CFM with the o-line progression?
      skipwondah33 -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      Surprised to see a patch this late. 6 months from the next release and still patching the game... It's good to see I guess but I tuned this game off months ago so it doesn't impact me at all. Maybe with the game in the Access vault they feel an obligation to keep it up to date???
      I'm guessing that after seeing what went on during the MUT Challenge or whatever it was (glitches) that they wanted to fix. Especially the issue with "scrape" blitzes and other ones that were unrealistic as to how they got in.

I definitely welcome it because another season in my league is about to start once Playoffs finish.

Didn't get a chance to play last night to notice a change, then again I never used those type of blitzes anyway.
      SmoothPancakes -
      I actually just started playing Madden again last night.

Well, playing in the sense that I have the game running. I'm not actually playing any actual on the field games, I'm simulating every week because the gameplay in Madden just does nothing for me anymore. Instead I decided to start up an owner franchise and am running the franchise like an owner/GM. I'm letting the game decide winners/losers of games, I'm focusing more on the GM (re-signing players, the draft, trades, free agents, depth chart changes, training/progression) and the Owner (stadium upgrades/rebuilding, merchandise and ticket prices, etc) side of things.

In that sense, I can get some fun out of the game. Try to build up a Super Bowl winner through the draft, trades and free agency, either improve the stadium or build the best damn newest stadium in the game, put together a team for the ages solely through GM moves while at the mercy of the simulation engine.

It'll also make seasons go by FAST as I won't be spending entire hours playing games, just making any necessary changes or decisions for each given week and advancing to the next.
      Rudy -
      I haven't touched draft this game in a long time. I think some of these sports titles have hurt their replay ability by keeping the same feel and look from last Gen. Madden's animations and physics engine ate subpar. It really stands out when they show videos replaying the Superbowl. We need a much smarter cpu, better physics and can we finally get a custom camera or at least zoom options? Can we get a game that isn't riddled with bugs that takes months to fix?

I honestly felt Madden 16 was the bet gameplay ever for Madden but it still has a lot of issues that have been around forever which is frustrating.
      jaymo76 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
      I haven't touched draft this game in a long time. I think some of these sports titles have hurt their replay ability by keeping the same feel and look from last Gen. Madden's animations and physics engine ate subpar. It really stands out when they show videos replaying the Superbowl. We need a much smarter cpu, better physics and can we finally get a custom camera or at least zoom options? Can we get a game that isn't riddled with bugs that takes months to fix?

I honestly felt Madden 16 was the bet gameplay ever for Madden but it still has a lot of issues that have been around forever which is frustrating.
      Oh yeah... Best gameplay in well over a decade. However, OFFLINE fun factor of zero. Game is no longer fun to play long-term. Most dull sporting game of the big 5.
      cdj -
      Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
      I would guess that with Madden having a significant e-sports presence, they have to focus on minimizing/eliminating exploits to keep things as fair and legit as possible.

It's disappointing that they haven't posted/shared detailed patch notes. That seems to be a Tiburon belief as Madden and NBA LIVE both share limited info, whereas other EA titles (say Battlefront) seemingly share every last detail. I would say that PGA TOUR gives more game update details than the other two in the studio.
      jaymo76 -
      After talking about the game I decided to fire it up tonight and continue my franchise. I beat TB 23-16. Winston was lights out. The game was good but the experience left a lot to be desired. I didn't at all notice any difference from the last time I played so I guess the patch did very little.